The Queen of the South thread

On 28/10/2021 at 22:23, Mustafa_sheet said:

Absolute tripe. Stop walking around with your blue tinted glasses on. Palmerston is an absolute dump these days. 

I’m sure if the local environmental health officer saw the state of the pie shop in the New Stand they would close the place down!!
Bins next to a condiment table that looks like it hasn’t seen a wet cloth in months. Disgusting as well as unhygienic 😡 

23F02CD6-24DB-4DFD-AC0B-ED6CC1F701E7.jpeg

That's an absolute disgrace. If ever proof were needed that the support are viewed with contempt.

On 03/11/2021 at 15:59, Fae_the_'briggs said:

The Manager's lost the dressing room seems to be an often used and possibly largely made up excuse when a team  is on poor run. Tactics, formations, team selection, players not understanding or able to understand what's wanted from them, players not fit or just not good enough, these usually have more to do with poor results than players disliking a manager. 

AJ does not have any tactics he is intent on stopping the opposition play. He does not play to our strengths. You can almost guess what he is going to do next. Let's get the ball forward as quick as possible but not commit to many players incase we don't get the 2nd ball. Let's have a guess how he will play this Saturday. Obviously his boy was at part fault for 3 goals. So he will start 🤣🤣

Edited by Manwithnoball

On 14/10/2021 at 15:15, Skyline Drifter said:

Access to the Main Stand will be sorted shortly, hopefully by next home game. 

What's the latest on this SD?

Obviously, three weeks have passed since you said this now.  Tomorrow's game will be the second since you posted this, but still there's no change.  Do you know what's held things up and whether it's foreseeably going to open?

43 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What's the latest on this SD?

Obviously, three weeks have passed since you said this now.  Tomorrow's game will be the second since you posted this, but still there's no change.  Do you know what's held things up and whether it's foreseeably going to open?

It will be open tomorrow. Work was completed on it this afternoon. I've been away with work all day and am just back, and the Media Officer is on holiday, The match preview was set up in advance to publish this morning but I'll get something published in the next 10 minutes.

That is my guess of the team. He should drop his boy but don't think he will. Only position I may think he might play Debayo at left back instead of Cooper.

Young Max up against Zanatta tomorrow. Could be a defining moment for AJ’s time as manager if Zanatta is on form…….

29 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It will be open tomorrow. Work was completed on it this afternoon. I've been away with work all day and am just back, and the Media Officer is on holiday, The match preview was set up in advance to publish this morning but I'll get something published in the next 10 minutes.

Ah, that's good news.  Fair play.

2 hours ago, sidofthesouth said:

Young Max up against Zanatta tomorrow. Could be a defining moment for AJ’s time as manager if Zanatta is on form…….

Remember Max got schooled at the game in Kirkcaldy I would expect Gibson to go on the right tomorrow. Zantta ripped young Johnston before Wullie moved out there .

Just now, Riviera711 said:

Not sure what the weather is like in Dumfries, but down here (20 miles south on the coast) it is horrendous. Torrential rain and really strong winds.

Same here in Dumfries. Ideal for lumping hopeful high balls up to Cameron. 

7 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Same here in Dumfries. Ideal for lumping hopeful high balls up to Cameron. 

Maybe he's a better water polo player than he is a footballer. Still, I'm not going to be too harsh on him because it can't be easy coming into a team that is being constantly being tinkered with in terms of formations and personnel. That said, I'm not a fan of the get it up to the big man style of play, unless the big man is an exceptional quality of player. However, not likely to find that quality in the Scottish Championship!

I quite like a big man, little man combo up front. Someone to carve chances out of the big man winning high balls.

Maybe he's a better water polo player than he is a footballer. Still, I'm not going to be too harsh on him because it can't be easy coming into a team that is being constantly being tinkered with in terms of formations and personnel. That said, I'm not a fan of the get it up to the big man style of play, unless the big man is an exceptional quality of player. However, not likely to find that quality in the Scottish Championship!

I quite like a big man, little man combo up front. Someone to carve chances out of the big man winning high balls.

It's the combination that's yielded the greatest results for us certainly: O'Connor/Dobbie , Dykes/Dobbie, arguably Burke/O'Connor. The problem is we don't use that kind of system anymore. We have a big guy up front with no one available to win the flick-ons. We have a big guy up front with two playing off the side. I can see what the idea is behind that system but it certainly doesn't work the way you'd hope.

Connolly next to Cameron or Junior might work but I doubt AJ will be making major changes to his system any time soon.