The Queen of the South thread

Aye the free tickets for kids is a good initiative. Also feels like more value for money than the paid for ones.

Plenty kids at Palmerston this season after the introduction of the free Junior Blues season ticket offer but  keeping them interested is the hard bit what with our current form. 

You’re correct though , the BOD needs to grow a set and act now. 

And please don’t believe we can’t afford to sack AJ as our Chairman is absolutely loaded. 

13 hours ago, the_palmy_pie said:

....... please don’t believe we can’t afford to sack AJ as our Chairman is absolutely loaded. 

That may well be so (I've no idea on that score). However, why should he use his own funds to pay off an employee of the club (would you use your own cash in his position - maybe you would)? The more relevant question probably is could the club afford to do so, if they were of such a mind .... and if they also believed they could afford someone better?

8 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

That may well be so (I've no idea on that score). However, why should he use his own funds to pay off an employee of the club (would you use your own cash in his position - maybe you would)? The more relevant question probably is could the club afford to do so, if they were of such a mind .... and if they also believed they could afford someone better?

If the manager has “lost the dressing room” as rumoured can the club afford not to relieve AJ from his duties??!!

15 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

If the manager has “lost the dressing room” as rumoured can the club afford not to relieve AJ from his duties??!!

Depends on the prioritisation of the key company objectives set by the Board, for example:

Is No. 1 - Financial stability and security of the company come what may?

Or is No.1 - Ensuring continuity of our long-standing Championship status?

Or are there enough coffers in the bank to achieve both?

11 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

If they couldn’t afford to pay him off, they shouldn’t have given him a two year contract in the first place.

7 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Depends on the prioritisation of the key company objectives set by the Board, for example:

Is No. 1 - Financial stability and security of the company come what may?

Or is No.1 - Ensuring continuity of our long-standing Championship status?

Or are there enough coffers in the bank to achieve both?

I think the BOD have backed AJ really well this season and our squad is bigger than usual but I don’t think he’s the man to get the best out of the players. 

He lacks motivation & is far too negative. 

21 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Maybe they’ve got something written into his contract. Hewitson is a wise man. 

Aye, possibly. The thought occurred to me that it is maybe a one year contract with an option for another and they have described it as a two year contract. 

Even Celtic do rolling one year deals. I think though at time it was advantage AJ so he was able to get a better deal.

Aye, possibly. The thought occurred to me that it is maybe a one year contract with an option for another and they have described it as a two year contract. 

8 hours ago, Flash said:

If they couldn’t afford to pay him off, they shouldn’t have given him a two year contract in the first place.

That's no doubt a wise observation. Unfortunately, we inhabit the here and now, are unable to travel back in time, and so it is what it is. We have to deal with it and move on .... somehow.

2 hours ago, Flash said:

Perhaps, who knows.

The question then would be ... is there someone better out there that we could realistically afford?

I quite like the idea of wee John Robertson, but not sure if he would fancy the hassle given his issues last season. Plus he lives up in Inverness these days .... I think.

3 hours ago, Flash said:

Definitely a two year contract looks like we must keep AJ for a long time yet.

Queens fans don't really complain they just stop going to games well under 1000  now at home games .

10 hours ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Not unless there is something written into his contract 🤔

Surely there is a clause /agreement in place if not working out... Same if it was other way round and he was offered a better job.... 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

3 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I'm not sure I buy that the players don't want him. Many of them would seem not to be up to the task however.

The Manager's lost the dressing room seems to be an often used and possibly largely made up excuse when a team  is on poor run. Tactics, formations, team selection, players not understanding or able to understand what's wanted from them, players not fit or just not good enough, these usually have more to do with poor results than players disliking a manager.