The Queen of the South thread

5 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

With each passing year it just gets worse. I get that it is a has a special place in every Queens fan’s heart. However, it does need a major renovation or be replaced. 

Regretfully, we don’t have several million quid kicking about to do the full stadium properly. That being the case, doing less than the basics will need to do in the meantime.  

The main stand surely can’t have much more years of service in it. I hope there is a contingency plan for this in medium term at least.

Crowds will be sub 1000 very shortly so no need to spend money on a main stand!!

7 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

Crowds will be sub 1000 very shortly so no need to spend money on a main stand!!

A winning team would of course be nice and help get more fans through the gates.

Whichever way we look at it though, the main stand is going to be a problem that will need to be addressed in the next decade or so. 

10 hours ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

Absolute tripe. Stop walking around with your blue tinted glasses on. Palmerston is an absolute dump these days. 

I’m sure if the local environmental health officer saw the state of the pie shop in the New Stand they would close the place down!!
Bins next to a condiment table that looks like it hasn’t seen a wet cloth in months. Disgusting as well as unhygienic 😡 

23F02CD6-24DB-4DFD-AC0B-ED6CC1F701E7.jpeg

It was that picture that made me wince the most.

Palmerston is the last of it's kind, it can't be allowed to fall in to disrepair.  That said it's easy for me/us to sit behind a keyboard and spend other peoples money.

10 hours ago, qos_75 said:

With each passing year it just gets worse. I get that it is a has a special place in every Queens fan’s heart. However, it does need a major renovation or be replaced. 

Regretfully, we don’t have several million quid kicking about to do the full stadium properly. That being the case, doing less than the basics will need to do in the meantime.  

The main stand surely can’t have much more years of service in it. I hope there is a contingency plan for this in medium term at least.

The old lady should never be replaced but just given some much needed TLC. 

12 hours ago, DeeGeeOneHamer said:

It was that picture that made me wince the most.

Palmerston is the last of it's kind, it can't be allowed to fall in to disrepair.  That said it's easy for me/us to sit behind a keyboard and spend other peoples money.

A fresh coat of paint, weeding, grass strimming, emptying bins,  power hosing and disposing of damaged signs etc doesn’t cost the earth. 

Where has taking pride in our appearance gone within the club?! 

Take Stair Park for example……… it’s amazing what a fresh lick of paint can do to the overall appearance of the place.

7C1F4044-F926-4655-977B-747DF381C8DC.png

Edited by Mustafa_sheet

A fresh coat of paint, weeding, grass strimming, emptying bins,  power hosing and disposing of damaged signs etc doesn’t cost the earth. 

Take Stair Park for example……… it’s amazing what a fresh lick of paint can do to the overall appearance of the place.
7C1F4044-F926-4655-977B-747DF381C8DC.thumb.png.514cfc13c7c4e8fff2f9497d6a9d4f7c.png

Maybe the Tanner fund collection could be matched by the Board and spent on ground maintenance instead of a new player? Obviously wouldnt solve things, but would be a start

2 hours ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

7C1F4044-F926-4655-977B-747DF381C8DC.png

Obviously, such things are cosmetic, but they do matter.

As pointed out elsewhere, I don't suppose anyone would be fixating on a bit of decay, if the current Queens team was riding high.  

The fact is though, that it perhaps looks as if little pride is taken in our club and its surroundings these days.  That can be infectious.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

I see that the Cove game is on the SFA site as being scheduled for Saturday 27 November. Can anyone tell me if I can safely assume that it will be played on that date and time or are there still negotiations (TV?) to take place. Would like to start organising.

7 minutes ago, louisxiv said:

I see that the Cove game is on the SFA site as being scheduled for Saturday 27 November. Can anyone tell me if I can safely assume that it will be played on that date and time or are there still negotiations (TV?) to take place. Would like to start organising.

It wont be on tv. I'd be surprised if it wasnt the saturday but the two clubs havent been in touch yet to discuss. There isnt any point till tv confirm and that was only yesterday. I'd guess it only wouldnt be the saturday if the stadium was unavailable for some reason.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It wont be on tv. I'd be surprised if it wasnt the saturday but the two clubs havent been in touch yet to discuss. There isnt any point till tv confirm and that was only yesterday. I'd guess it only wouldnt be the saturday if the stadium was unavailable for some reason.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

When’s Billy sorting the stadium out ? Can you perhaps pass on some of these photographs so he can see for himself the state of the place please. 

The table at the catering facility must be dealt with ASAP. Absolutely disgusting 🤢 

27 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

When’s Billy sorting the stadium out ? Can you perhaps pass on some of these photographs so he can see for himself the state of the place please. 

The table at the catering facility must be dealt with ASAP. Absolutely disgusting 🤢 

He'd probably see it as an excuse to bulldoze it and build housing over it.

I've no idea tbf,  and I'm not making excuses for the Board, but is the catering not sub-let from the club? If so someone wants to have a word with the caterers. Even if the onus is on the Club it wouldn't cost a fortune to tidy that area up. I've often thought it was a poor layout in the East Stand, you come through the turnstile and the tea bar is almost right in front of you, it's a bit of a bottleneck at times. 

2 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Surely to God that's the end of AJ's spell as manager.

No chance he will get sacked we just don't have the money to pay off his 2 year contract .

8 defeats out of 12 but it is a hard League as he will say in his interview. 

1 minute ago, Greenacres said:

No chance he will get sacked we just don't have the money to pay off his 2 year contract .

8 defeats out of 12 but it is a hard League as he will say in his interview. 

Surely we won't have to pay off his whole contract.... Regardless its time to go or he is going to cost us Championship staus for sure.... 

Last season we went on our good run when due to injuries the team picked itself and AJ couldn’t tinker with the team. As soon as he could again lo and behold we started losing again.

Before the start of the league this season we had a small squad and looked reasonably decent.

The bigger the squad AJ has the more he is able to arse it up by tinkering with the team. We aren’t Man City, Liverpool, etc who have stars as back up in every position. 

play to our strengths rather than worrying about the opposition. Oh wait we are 11 games into the season and still doesn’t know our strengths 

55 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Surely we won't have to pay off his whole contract.... Regardless its time to go or he is going to cost us Championship staus for sure.... 

If we sack the management team then we will have to pay them what they are due. That's as it should be. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer