The Queen of the South thread

27 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

Todd in for one of Cochrane or mcgrory and I’d prob agree with that. Think Todd being a creator/ being able to carry ball up park is a big thing for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. I dont think theres much doubt Todd and Cochrane are our two best all-round midfielders.

Theres probably an argument for Roy ahead of Paton but I think they are both good options alongside Cameron, as is Junior although I'd prefer the pace and mobility of the other two.

That basic formation gives us a few options too. If we want to be a bit more defensive, play Cameron up front on his own and bring McGrory into midfield. If we want more width, Fitzpatrick, Paton, Junior and Connelly could all play wide of Cameron in a front 3.

I think that formation should be the basis of our make up. Maybe a tweak here or there each game as Mr X says. I feel most comfortable when we’re a 3 and Nditi is at the back. Watching highlights it probably should’ve been more comfortable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a pretty decent entry price for Friday night’s game.  Don’t think il get to it but will purchase the PPV.

Do both clubs get a share of the gate and PPV or is it only the home team? I know the final it’s split 50-50 but not sure if it’s the case in earlier rounds?

12 minutes ago, third lanark said:

That’s a pretty decent entry price for Friday night’s game.  Don’t think il get to it but will purchase the PPV.

Do both clubs get a share of the gate and PPV or is it only the home team? I know the final it’s split 50-50 but not sure if it’s the case in earlier rounds?

I think the home club keeps 10% of the gate money and the rest is split 50/50. So Queens will keep 55% of the gate and Thistle will get 45%. I think the PPV income is split 50/50 - the 10% retention looks like it is only deducted from the gate money, which would make sense as it is effectively there to help pay for the stewarding costs.

41 minutes ago, Flash said:

I think the home club keeps 10% of the gate money and the rest is split 50/50. So Queens will keep 55% of the gate and Thistle will get 45%. I think the PPV income is split 50/50 - the 10% retention looks like it is only deducted from the gate money, which would make sense as it is effectively there to help pay for the stewarding costs.

It also costs money to stream the game too

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Thanks for the info mate

Edited by third lanark

3 hours ago, Flash said:

The extra to the home club to cover costs applies to streaming too. As Mr X says, the process of producing a working stream is not cost free.

10 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The extra to the home club to cover costs applies to streaming too. As Mr X says, the process of producing a working stream is not cost free.

I noticed in the rule that the reasonable costs of a contractor engaged to operate the stream could be deducted.  I made the mistake of thinking there wouldn’t be any additional costs because it is run by volunteers. However, as both you and Mr X said, there will be other costs. I think I was right in saying the fixed amount of 10% only applies to the gate money, though. 

40 minutes ago, Flash said:

I noticed in the rule that the reasonable costs of a contractor engaged to operate the stream could be deducted.  I made the mistake of thinking there wouldn’t be any additional costs because it is run by volunteers. However, as both you and Mr X said, there will be other costs. I think I was right in saying the fixed amount of 10% only applies to the gate money, though. 

No, it's 10% on streaming also.

Agree the rule itself doesn't say it's 10% as standard to account for the streaming costs but never the less, the revenue returns provided by the League for the purpose make it clear that it is. The Streaming Receipts are added to the gate receipts directly before working out the splits.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

I see Max Johnston has started a few games for Queens, how's he been getting on?

He’s been OK, can be good going forward but still a bit to learn about defending. Zanatta at Raith gave him a torrid time. Not sure many Queens fans would have him in the starting line-up, but can’t fault his endeavour. Still early days.

On 05/10/2021 at 11:29, capt_oats said:

I see Max Johnston has started a few games for Queens, how's he been getting on?

I said when he signed there aren’t many 17 year olds ready for Scottish championship football, I stand by that.  He isn’t ready for this level every week, he has shown some good flashes but we are moving players out of their best position to get him in the team. Willie Gibson was arguably the best right back in the league last season and we have played him left wing back and centre mid more than right back since Johnston has arrived. 

6 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

With 'Red Zones' now being brought to an end, can people finally sit where they like at Palmerston?

Not yet, and certainly not for Friday's game but I imagine we'll put something out to clarify asap once it's been assessed what can practically actually be changed. For what it's worth though, the JRG removing 'mandatory' red zones whilst also reinforcing the need for players and officials to maintain 2m social distancing from one another and everyone else at all times, especially in changing rooms, doesn't fundamentally change an awful lot. They'd have been better leaving it how it was rather than letting people think things have changed particularly when in reality they haven't really.

8 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

I said when he signed there aren’t many 17 year olds ready for Scottish championship football, I stand by that.  He isn’t ready for this level every week, he has shown some good flashes but we are moving players out of their best position to get him in the team. Willie Gibson was arguably the best right back in the league last season and we have played him left wing back and centre mid more than right back since Johnston has arrived. 

Wullie Gibson was playing left wing back or left back long before Max Johnston arrived. His arrival, and now the return of Cooper, has allowed Wullie to go into midfield rather than forced him to go there to accommodate Johnston as you're implying. Wullie can pretty much play anywhere and do a job and his quality and invention from midfield has been a bonus though Johnston's not as good as him wide so there's pluses and minuses in it.

Johnston's done alright without particularly excelling. He struggled with Zanatta at Raith, forcing Gibson to be switched back there at half time but otherwise he's been decent enough and dealt pretty well with Kai Kennedy on Saturday. His best outing was his first against Broomhill but they are hardly a comparable opponent I guess.