The Queen of the South thread

21 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Just looked on the OS to see what you were getting at. Innes Cameron looks to be a decent signing, I thought he was still pretty much in the picture at Killie this season so surprised he's here. Will him and Junior make a good front line or will he be paired with someone else I wonder. Looks a decent bit of business by AJ, but he had to do something. 

Renew his partnership with Connolly perhaps?

http://www.qosfc.com/news-5539

Edited by mwwqos321

Good to get another striker in. Personally haven't rated Cameron any time I've seen him but he's shown he can score goals at this level so I'm hoping he's kept his poorer performance for any time I've watched him.

Think he should fit in well to the style AJ is trying to play. Be interesting to see if he goes with Cameron and Junior playing together or if they are going to be competing for the one position.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Be interesting to see if he goes with Cameron and Junior playing together or if they are going to be competing for the one position.

Think it might be competition for the one position but time will tell. Seems a positive piece of business. 👍

Good to get another striker in. Personally haven't rated Cameron any time I've seen him but he's shown he can score goals at this level so I'm hoping he's kept his poorer performance for any time I've watched him.

Think he should fit in well to the style AJ is trying to play. Be interesting to see if he goes with Cameron and Junior playing together or if they are going to be competing for the one position.

Great signing for Queens.

14 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Cameron good focal point like. Given us a lot of bother over the years. Cameron with Connelly playing off him would be decent. Didn’t really rate that Junior Soares, class name but really should’ve scored a couple against us. 

I’m glad we’ve brought in another option up front - it was badly needed. Hopefully Cameron can get us up the park a bit with his hold-up play and also grab a decent amount of goals.
Im also keen for Josh Rae to come back and hopefully reduce the amount of goals we are conceding - do we have any idea how long he will be out for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, sidofthesouth said:

I’m glad we’ve brought in another option up front - it was badly needed. Hopefully Cameron can get us up the park a bit with his hold-up play and also grab a decent amount of goals.
Im also keen for Josh Rae to come back and hopefully reduce the amount of goals we are conceding - do we have any idea how long he will be out for?

After it happened, they said it might be two months, so maybe back next week for the challenge cup game?
O/T - note from the BBC fixtures that the ICT home game has been moved to Friday 19 November, KO 7.45. Assume it is the tv game but haven’t seen anything announced.

3 hours ago, Steeplechat said:

Great signing for Queens.

Only if we get approval from Greenacres that Cameron  fits his  criteria of an experienced loan player. 

On Josh Rae, the Manager saying he's just started light non-contact training this week so SPFL Trophy game might be a bit soon. 

4 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Only if we get approval from Greenacres that Cameron  fits his  criteria of an experienced loan player. 

On Josh Rae, the Manager saying he's just started light non-contact training this week so SPFL Trophy game might be a bit soon. 

He could play in our midfield, then.

53 minutes ago, Flash said:

He could play in our midfield, then.

I think the players must put more effort and physicality into training than actual games considering the number of training ground injuries picked up. 

2 hours ago, mwwqos321 said:

Johnston blaming slow starts for the recent defeats but surely it's his job to get the players fully up for a game before stepping into the pitch so essentially he is blaming himself.

Agree, we often  seem to let the opposition dictate the early stages of games instead of us starting on the front foot and imposing ourselves on games. Strange really considering we've gone for a more attack minded squad this season. 

Johnston blaming slow starts for the recent defeats but surely it's his job to get the players fully up for a game before stepping into the pitch so essentially he is blaming himself.

We were arguably the better side for the first 10 minutes against Caley. Getting the basics wrong time after time is far more concerning.

On 29/09/2021 at 22:48, Mr X said:

Sorry to hear this.

Like many, I suspect, I didnt know him personally but remember his contributions to various forums over the years.

Same, and that'll be going back 20 years to the old days of the QOS related boards in their infancy. Condolences to family and friends.

21 hours ago, Flash said:

After it happened, they said it might be two months, so maybe back next week for the challenge cup game?
O/T - note from the BBC fixtures that the ICT home game has been moved to Friday 19 November, KO 7.45. Assume it is the tv game but haven’t seen anything announced.

Yes, the live game on BBC Scotland

Just like last year the tinkerman gets a result. Junior on the LHS side was a total disaster. Big Cameron worked hard but did not really give us that much. Thanks to the work of Connelly we got a win. I really don't rate Fitzpatrick he brings nothing to the side. Would like Cameron with Roy/Paton up top with Connelly behind them. Gibson is our Mr versatile but I like him on the RHS. Dunfermline never looked like scoring. 

Saw Dan Pybus getting some stick on here from both set of supporters but do you know what he did in December 2019?

Scored the only Queens goal (other was an own goal) the last time Queens supporters saw a home league win

Edited by queenslad

Just like last year the tinkerman gets a result. Junior on the LHS side was a total disaster. Big Cameron worked hard but did not really give us that much. Thanks to the work of Connelly we got a win. I really don't rate Fitzpatrick he brings nothing to the side. Would like Cameron with Roy/Paton up top with Connelly behind them. Gibson is our Mr versatile but I like him on the RHS. Dunfermline never looked like scoring. 

Cameron gave us a big shift, good hold up play but never had a chance to do anything in terms of scoring . There is a player in Fitzpatrick but he needs to screw the nut a bit if he wants to make a step up again. For me the only poor performance was Ruben, just didn’t work, kept ending up in Cameron position as well where he should have hung at back post.

We need to stick with that back 3, we look most comfortable with it. Cooper on left looked very decent considering it was his first game in a number of weeks, still not sold on Johnston but he put in a shift. Willie was decent in middle of park and tbf to Cochrane he did well today especially the dirty stuff that you wouldn’t necessarily say he’s good at. Connelly was excellent again, even when it doesn’t come off the shift he puts in is incredible.

1 hour ago, qos1990 said:

Cameron gave us a big shift, good hold up play but never had a chance to do anything in terms of scoring . There is a player in Fitzpatrick but he needs to screw the nut a bit if he wants to make a step up again. For me the only poor performance was Ruben, just didn’t work, kept ending up in Cameron position as well where he should have hung at back post.

We need to stick with that back 3, we look most comfortable with it. Cooper on left looked very decent considering it was his first game in a number of weeks, still not sold on Johnston but he put in a shift. Willie was decent in middle of park and tbf to Cochrane he did well today especially the dirty stuff that you wouldn’t necessarily say he’s good at. Connelly was excellent again, even when it doesn’t come off the shift he puts in is incredible.

Agree cooper was a natural left wing back. Cochrane played well but a lot of passes go astray. With 2 big guys up front players will pump the ball forward. Prefer 1 big 1 small and Connelly supporting. 

Yeah I thought Cameron put in a decent shift. I do like Junior but I think Cameron will be far better at holding the ball up. In the first half in particular some of the Dunfermline players were practically piggy backing him and he still held on to the ball. Connolly playing off him may work well or even Roy.

Think qos1990 got it spot on about him and Junior though. In the second half there was a cross put in to the box and they were practically standing next to each other with the ball going over both of them. It was as if they were playing the exact same role. I'll be surprised if they both start together regularly.

Yeah I thought Cameron put in a decent shift. I do like Junior but I think Cameron will be far better at holding the ball up. In the first half in particular some of the Dunfermline players were practically piggy backing him and he still held on to the ball. Connolly playing off him may work well or even Roy.

Think qos1990 got it spot on about him and Junior though. In the second half there was a cross put in to the box and they were practically standing next to each other with the ball going over both of them. It was as if they were playing the exact same role. I'll be surprised if they both start together regularly.

I also agree with you on where I thought junior was playing. I thought Connelly and Ruben were playing just behind Cameron. As everything Ruben done was wide left until the ball got in the box and he was right on top of Cameron rather than loitering at box post which was frustrating