The Queen of the South thread

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

There's no issue with that. They are all tested and its transient contact. They could all use the same tunnel at Palmerston. They dont because they all change in different parts of the stadium. I think Arbroath have portacabin additional dressing rooms accessed through the Main Stand. 

Can the team have a team photo taken yet as they’re all tested regularly and play and train together? 

42 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Next up, a very poor Dunfermline come to Palmerston. That could turn out to be  really embarrassing for Queens. 

Should do us a favour and make the whole ground a Red Zone.

30 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

In ‘magic’ we trust. Great squad we have but not seeing the true potential due to a negative dud of a manager 

Who signed all the great squad ?.

We have far too many young players in saying that I suppose with our budget  that is really all we can get .Hopefully this week we can get a  quality loan signing in

Genuinely do think we have a decent enough squad. But the continual change of formations every week isn’t helping, teams always changing with it. Don’t think we’ve had a settled back 4 all season. And we keep moving Nditi about. A bit like Naysmiths time in charge were over worrying about the opposition a changing us to try combat, why not get a settled way of playing and try take the game to the opposition.

Today Johnston got it all wrong against mediocre opposition or at least a mediocre performance from them. Mcgrory on right of midfield? Gibson in middle of park when he’s been so good at full back? Joseph even being on park never mind last 90 mins?! For me if Liddle and Mcgrory are playing then that allows you to be a bit more expansive infront, get pace down the wings and get us a presence in the box. The two goals we conceded were shite also, first one another mistake from Brynn, wall was nothing like it. Second there was a massive gap between McKay and Debayo absolutely criminal after just getting ourselves back level. Just keep a line and pull one of the midfielders in instead of getting dragged about at that stage of game. That’s 3/4 times we’ve been a position to at least get ourselves a point to throw it away. Sometimes you just have to settle for it, and do the ugly side of the game to see it out.

7 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

Genuinely do think we have a decent enough squad. But the continual change of formations every week isn’t helping, teams always changing with it. Don’t think we’ve had a settled back 4 all season. And we keep moving Nditi about. A bit like Naysmiths time in charge were over worrying about the opposition a changing us to try combat, why not get a settled way of playing and try take the game to the opposition.

Today Johnston got it all wrong against mediocre opposition or at least a mediocre performance from them. Mcgrory on right of midfield? Gibson in middle of park when he’s been so good at full back? Joseph even being on park never mind last 90 mins?! For me if Liddle and Mcgrory are playing then that allows you to be a bit more expansive infront, get pace down the wings and get us a presence in the box. The two goals we conceded were shite also, first one another mistake from Brynn, wall was nothing like it. Second there was a massive gap between McKay and Debayo absolutely criminal after just getting ourselves back level. Just keep a line and pull one of the midfielders in instead of getting dragged about at that stage of game. That’s 3/4 times we’ve been a position to at least get ourselves a point to throw it away. Sometimes you just have to settle for it, and do the ugly side of the game to see it out.

Did not see the game. Why is he making all these changes and changing people positions. As you Gibson excellent on right and McGrory doing a job as a holding midfielder. Joseph I can't get my head round I don't see a player in him at all. Ruben will not score a lot of goals but he makes the opposition defence work harder.

AJ please just play everyone in their proper roles.

I criticised the line-up as soon as I saw it. It was a very poor approach.

Having said that, the two goals we lost were yet again absolute basic mistakes by players. Either the FK curled fantastically around the wall (which it didn't look like) or Sol made a complete arse of his wall. The second goal was well taken but was pitiful defending when it should have been easy to deal with. I've made it clear in the past that I'm not AJ's biggest fan but I'm not sure how another manager could stop our players making completely basic errors that are costing us goals.

I criticised the line-up as soon as I saw it. It was a very poor approach.

Having said that, the two goals we lost were yet again absolute basic mistakes by players. Either the FK curled fantastically around the wall (which it didn't look like) or Sol made a complete arse of his wall. The second goal was well taken but was pitiful defending when it should have been easy to deal with. I've made it clear in the past that I'm not AJ's biggest fan but I'm not sure how another manager could stop our players making completely basic errors that are costing us goals.

Maybe by playing players in roles there comfortable in. I rate Debayo but by all accounts he’s never really played in centre of a back 4 in his career, a former team mate couldn’t believe he’s playing centre half. Get Nditi back in there, at least until chima gets fit. Get Debayo to his natural left hand side.

Maybe by playing players in roles there comfortable in. I rate Debayo but by all accounts he’s never really played in centre of a back 4 in his career, a former team mate couldn’t believe he’s playing centre half. Get Nditi back in there, at least until chima gets fit. Get Debayo to his natural left hand side.

I don't disagree but no one had said a word against Debayo's performances before last week. I blame East more than him for the second anyway. I know he supposed to be a striker but I think we can all agree he's been better at the back than up front.

It was the exact same last weekend. Basic marking cost us two goals.

I don't disagree but no one had said a word against Debayo's performances before last week. I blame East more than him for the second anyway. I know he supposed to be a striker but I think we can all agree he's been better at the back than up front.

It was the exact same last weekend. Basic marking cost us two goals.

Today? I blame McKay and Debayo being miles apart initially, can’t remember how rest played out and I don’t really want to see it again.

25 minutes ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

At the end of the day our results against the clubs in the top half of the league won't define Queens season. 

Dunfermline, Ayr, Morton and Hamilton are more crucial games with (Partick in the Challenge Cup between the Pars and Honest Men) matches.

It's too early to make noises like that.

I agree that we're more likely to be engaged with the sides in the lower half of the table than the top as regards jockeying for position, but a few weeks ago, we wouldn't have necessarily expected Hamilton or Dunfermline to be struggling, while Arbroath ride high.

We're needing points and sure as Hell can't afford to be writing off certain fixtures, or regarding them as free hits.  No sides are wildly stronger than the others, so we shouldn't be letting ourselves off the hook like that.

Today? I blame McKay and Debayo being miles apart initially, can’t remember how rest played out and I don’t really want to see it again.

I thought it was East who was closest to Gardyne when he took his shot. I'm not confident it was him but thought it was at the time. Whoever it was never got tight enough to him anyway.

Despite having watched the entire 90 minutes today I am still as much in the dark as to what our formation was meant to be and what players were supposed to be playing where as I was when I first saw the teamlines.

I'm assuming Nditi had been told to trail and man mark McGregor, Brynn to stay glued to his line (as usual) and not to play it long under any circumstances, and Joseph to play out a headless chicken role somewhere/anywhere in the opposition half.  The rest is all a bit of a mystery.

For all AJ's talk of having good attacking options he doesn't half favour a negative approach to games,

Edited by Slipmat

Time to get players in their proper position and stop worrying & setting up to stop the opposition Get Debayo in at LB where he was signed to be Nditi at CB, hopefully Rae will be back in goals soon that's for starters get some width on the pitch and must involve Connolly as much as possible who's been one of our best players. Afraid neither East or Joseph should d be close to the starting 11. Give connelly a free role behind a STRIKER..... Would really like to see us sign a striker on loan this week Shields maybe? 

14 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, that's another emerging feature of this season.  We've lost a good few late goals already.  

This is another problem with us having such a young squad especially in defence .

We have not got the balance right we need experience right  through the squad .