The Queen of the South thread

17 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

That's the spirit!

It's a fairly risk free signing. No fee and a one year deal. The pressure is on him

The pressure is on my blood vessels if he doesn't up his game from his last spell. 

With our options, what would we like to see the team being Saturday?

Brynn

Nditi McKay Debayo

Johnston Gibson

Mcgrory Todd/Cochrane

Connelly

Ruben Paton

Can’t make my mind up between Todd or Cochrane see pros and cons for both. Todd gives us that little bit more experience and helps take pressure of with him being able to carry the ball up park. Think it’s too soon for Fitzpatrick to come straight in but good option.

Cowie
Chima
Cooper
Cochrane/Todd
Fitzpatrick
Liddle
East
Joseph
Roy

All available for bench if fit. Can’t remember us ever having so many options, and I still think we need a striker. Hopefully this will allow us to send out likes of McMahon and Dunn to get out on loan to get some much needed game time instead of the usual sitting in the stands or making up numbers. Don’t think Dunn would short of suitors with his performances in cup.

5 hours ago, qos1990 said:

With our options, what would we like to see the team being Saturday?

Brynn

Nditi McKay Debayo

Johnston Gibson

Mcgrory Todd/Cochrane

Connelly

Ruben Paton

Can’t make my mind up between Todd or Cochrane see pros and cons for both. Todd gives us that little bit more experience and helps take pressure of with him being able to carry the ball up park. Think it’s too soon for Fitzpatrick to come straight in but good option.

Cowie
Chima
Cooper
Cochrane/Todd
Fitzpatrick
Liddle
East
Joseph
Roy

All available for bench if fit. Can’t remember us ever having so many options, and I still think we need a striker. Hopefully this will allow us to send out likes of McMahon and Dunn to get out on loan to get some much needed game time instead of the usual sitting in the stands or making up numbers. Don’t think Dunn would short of suitors with his performances in cup.

Todd for me in midfield, I've not been too impressed by Cochrane.  I also think Liddle looked a class above in his short stint last week but in place of who is the question.  We've got a good bit of depth to the squad now my worry is that Johnston does too much tinkering trying to find the best combination and keep players happy. I'm not sure a striker is a great priority, we've got Ruben, Roy, Paton, and East there,  and possibly Joseph too, I'm sure the versatile Wullie Gibson could even do a job there too if necessary.    

Todd for me in midfield, I've not been too impressed by Cochrane.  I also think Liddle looked a class above in his short stint last week but in place of who is the question.  We've got a good bit of depth to the squad now my worry is that Johnston does too much tinkering trying to find the best combination and keep players happy. I'm not sure a striker is a great priority, we've got Ruben, Roy, Paton, and East there,  and possibly Joseph too, I'm sure the versatile Wullie Gibson could even do a job there too if necessary.    

Depends on how we chose to use Fitzpatrick regarding striker. I’d prob go todd at moment and away from home.

On 08/09/2021 at 16:33, temps15 said:

I still would like an out and out striker but I suppose everyone is looking for the same thing.

If Fitzy can show a bit more grit when we are under pressure he will be a class addition.

I think we need a out and out striker as well hopefully can get 1 in on loan.

Shields not getting a game at Motherwell .

Great win at Raith a real team performance everyone did there job very well .

Hope we can get our good  away form going at home.

Great 3 points. Should have been 3 up after 20 minutes. 

Well played Sol fantastic performance. Commanding and great shot stopping and reactions. 

Young Johnston had a really difficult game today and was found out a bit.

Nditi Gibson and Debayo were excellent throughout. Willie tried a few risky things but got away with it today. East done well for a difficult 15 minutes interesting he came on before Cooper.

Midfield wise Cochrane for me has to step up he is a bit slow in possession but to be honest when him and McGrory has some space they seemed to link quite well. 

I thought McGrory done well he totally took Tait out of the game. He again was sacrificed to protect the team. 

Connelly is a bundle of energy and scored a good goal with a bit of luck but who cares. He works so hard but he has to preserve his energy as he was replaced by an empty jersey in Joseph.

Big Ruben again was really good and gave their defence no time. His close control is excellent but has to be more aware of space to run into.

Paton again was another one that was sacrificed for the team. But he never stopped all day. 

We look to have a better squad now and this should increase performance level

McGrory is going about his job quietly but effectively so far this season. It's good to see as he was in the same boat as Joseph for me in that I really wouldn't have been gutted if they never re-signed last season though I was happy enough when they did. McGrory appears to be stepping up to the plate now and AJ seems to have found his position. On to Joseph next and hopefully he finds it soon. I'm really struggling just now to see what he brings to the side and am scratching my head every time he comes on ahead of (IMO) better options.

McGrory is going about his job quietly but effectively so far this season. It's good to see as he was in the same boat as Joseph for me in that I really wouldn't have been gutted if they never re-signed last season though I was happy enough when they did. McGrory appears to be stepping up to the plate now and AJ seems to have found his position. On to Joseph next and hopefully he finds it soon. I'm really struggling just now to see what he brings to the side and am scratching my head every time he comes on ahead of (IMO) better options.

I’m gathering it comes down to fitness with Joseph coming on Infront of other options. I’m no having him at all

I thought Joseph might kick on this season but the more I see of him the less likely this looks. Works hard enough but really doesn’t influence the game - never seems to get on the ball and for an attack minded player this is a negative that he has to overcome or face the prospect of being a bit part player.

I thought Joseph might kick on this season but the more I see of him the less likely this looks. Works hard enough but really doesn’t influence the game - never seems to get on the ball and for an attack minded player this is a negative that he has to overcome or face the prospect of being a bit part player.

Loves to run out of play at least once a game

Any idea who the goalie coach was in Saturday,

looked like he couldn’t be arsed being there, genuinely looked like someone’s dad had been asked if he could kick a few balls at the keepers to warm them up.

Meh, I thought he was anonymous for the most part tbh. I'm aware of his off pitch antics, even the stuff that he managed to wriggle out of. But it's not the place/no one really cares on here anyway. I expect Celtic will offload him before his contract is up though.

At least this is one thing the horrible little weasel hasn't managed to wriggle out of. Take away nothing from the tragic news though. Awful news for the poor boy's family.

IMG-20210913-WA0006.jpg

33 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

At least this is one thing the horrible little weasel hasn't managed to wriggle out of. Take away nothing from the tragic news though. Awful news for the poor boy's family.

IMG-20210913-WA0006.jpg

That's sad and shocking news.  As you say, a heartbreaking tragedy for the young lad's family.

Surely this must mean the end of Dickson's career.  If rumours are to be believed it's not his first driving-related incident.  I can't see this ending well for him.

IMG_1631551626.526253.jpg.149e310100fe0cc9cb70c0283b300068.jpg

Great reaction again from the players and staff at the weekend. There seems to be a right togetherness this season. Long may it continue

I suppose you could argue that they're all in the same boat, or at least the large majority are. They're all relatively unknown quantities at this level but will know if they put in the effort and get the results then they'll be putting themselves firmly in the shop window.

I know it's frustrating that we lose players fairly quickly if they perform well for us but the flip side to that is that potential signings may well look and see that if they can show what they can do for us then they too could get a bigger move.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I know it's frustrating that we lose players fairly quickly if they perform well for us but the flip side to that is that potential signings may well look and see that if they can show what they can do for us then they too could get a bigger move.

I dont think there's much doubt the likes of Debayo, and possibly Nditi, are here because they see how successful a move it was coming here for Ayo. 

Slightly different situation because they are on loan but no doubt Brynn and Liddle would be encouraged by the success of Izzy Jones last season. And in Brynn's case although a very different position, his club no doubt much encouraged too. 

16 hours ago, Slipmat said:

That's sad and shocking news.  As you say, a heartbreaking tragedy for the young lad's family.

Surely this must mean the end of Dickson's career.  If rumours are to be believed it's not his first driving-related incident.  I can't see this ending well for him.

Workmate knows Dickson and his family. He’s an absolute a-hole by all accounts, acts as if he’s Ronaldo. He was out and about on Sunday night acting as if nothing had happened. His family are just as bad apparently. 

Should be locked up for a long time for what he’s done but that won’t happen. Laws around killing someone are different when you’re driving for some idiotic reason.

Tragic what’s happened to Aidan and his family. Lives ruined. They must be devastated and heartbroken.

Edited by Benji

On 13/09/2021 at 12:26, temps15 said:

Any idea who the goalie coach was in Saturday,

looked like he couldn’t be arsed being there, genuinely looked like someone’s dad had been asked if he could kick a few balls at the keepers to warm them up.

Ex Alloa.  Left in the summer after six years.  Covering for Ross Ballantyne on match day.  

Very disappointing result against Arbroath .

They had the experience we lack and the star man in Nouble 

We just don't have that player anymore who can change games on his own like a Dobbie or even Sheilds .

Somehow we must get that player or it will be a long season.

AJ seems to think there are goals in the team but we lack quality in the most important part of the pitch.