The Queen of the South thread

11 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

To be honest I can understand a support being frustrated by us making really heavy weather of beating a team who were clearly a good few levels below us. My particular frustrations in the first half were around two players who I rate in Todd who looked like he had lead boots on and Cochrane who was hugely careless in possession. That said we never looked like losing and as such it’s job done. It wasn’t impressive though.

Was McGrory dropped  or was it just rotation? I think he has to start in the 6 role as much more disciplined than Todd or Cochrane who are more attack minded. He protects the defence a lot more. Be interesting to see how AJ lines up at Raith. Really impressed with Max Johnston looks like a player who has pace ability and has a bit about himself. Good to see Lee Connelly get his goal he must be a nightmare to play against and should only get better. Paton gives us so much more upfront than Roy as he works a lot harder for the team. Liddle looked tidy enough but time will tell when he gets up to speed. 

Was McGrory dropped  or was it just rotation? I think he has to start in the 6 role as much more disciplined than Todd or Cochrane who are more attack minded. He protects the defence a lot more. Be interesting to see how AJ lines up at Raith. Really impressed with Max Johnston looks like a player who has pace ability and has a bit about himself. Good to see Lee Connelly get his goal he must be a nightmare to play against and should only get better. Paton gives us so much more upfront than Roy as he works a lot harder for the team. Liddle looked tidy enough but time will tell when he gets up to speed. 
Really excited about Paton. He is my favourite of all the new players so far. Glad he is on a two year contract.

Be nice to get the odd Saturday cup tie too. Not a go at you but at those who arrange the fixtures.

Scottish Cup games certainly. I'm not as fussed with League Cup games and they could do Challenge Cup games on a Monday morning for all I care about that trophy.

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Scottish Cup games certainly. I'm not as fussed with League Cup games and they could do Challenge Cup games on a Monday morning for all I care about that trophy.

Won't you get just a wee bit excited if we get past Partick Thistle, or even further?

In other news, Queens debutant Max Johnston makes the Team of the Round after the weekends SPFL Trust Trophy ties. Ex - Queens man Scott Mercer is also in there. 

Won't you get just a wee bit excited if we get past Partick Thistle, or even further?

In other news, Queens debutant Max Johnston makes the Team of the Round after the weekends SPFL Trust Trophy ties. Ex - Queens man Scott Mercer is also in there. 

I really don't care about the CC tbh. I'll still go to the games if we're at home but I certainly won't be gutted if Thistle pap us out.

29 minutes ago, temps15 said:

Aidan Fitzpatrick signs on a one year deal.

Happy with that. On his day can be a game changer but just needs to be more consistent. Hopefully means we can push Paton up top now. Credit to Queens, we have an excellent squad this season. 

Edited by ALOREBURNE

25 minutes ago, temps15 said:

Aidan Fitzpatrick signs on a one year deal.

I'd hoped he'd never darken our door again. Wasn't impressed by him last season, the meh performances far outweighed the glimpses of talent. Hopefully he shows more in this spell. 

On 13/08/2021 at 17:02, die hard doonhamer said:

There's definitely a player in there, but spent a lot of time not looking particularly interested. Was the signing I was most excited about last summer, but he failed to live up to that. I'd be very meh about him returning here, so if I were a Saints fan I'd be pretty disappointed to sign him, tbh.

This is what I said when he was training with St Johnstone. I stand by it. 

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'd hoped he'd never darken our door again. Wasn't impressed by him last season, the meh performances far outweighed the glimpses of talent. Hopefully he shows more in this spell. 

He only signed for us because every other team knock him back. Has to sort hod attitude out or he will join a long list of forgotten players. 

I still would like an out and out striker but I suppose everyone is looking for the same thing.
If Fitzy can show a bit more grit when we are under pressure he will be a class addition.

As ALOREBURNE said above, I expect it'll mean Paton features up front more often now. I think he was played as a striker predominantly at Stranraer. That's 3 strikers we have now, 4 if East is being used there rather than CB (which is a very 'meh' move IMO. I think he's been pretty guff any time he's featured up front but looked very good at the back).

Junior has to start when he's fit as his hold up play and flicks are very good. I wouldn't be against another striker coming in but I expect it'd be a youngster rather than an experienced man. Which I wouldn't be against tbh.