The Queen of the South thread

28 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Just happy he isn't signing for us tbh. I expect his next signing will be closer to our level though. His ego is far higher than his ability.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with his ability (though wouldn't expect him to be first team at Celtic any time soon right enough). He hasn't got himself a 3 year deal at Rangers followed by a deal with Celtic due to not possessing ability.

A far better question would be why he got a 3 year contract at Rangers cancelled and a loan spell at us cut short and can he address that side of himself and take the chance he's got again.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with his ability (though wouldn't expect him to be first team at Celtic any time soon right enough). He hasn't got himself a 3 year deal at Rangers followed by a deal with Celtic due to not possessing ability.
A far better question would be why he got a 3 year contract at Rangers cancelled and a loan spell at us cut short and can he address that side of himself and take the chance he's got again.

He did well hiding this ability when on loan with us certainly.

It's fairly obvious why Rangers got shot of him tbh. We ourselves got to experience it when he was on loan with us.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

He did well hiding this ability when on loan with us certainly.

It's fairly obvious why Rangers got shot of him tbh. We ourselves got to experience it when he was on loan with us.

He did absolutely fine on the pitch with us and played a big part in the win at Tynecastle in particular. Your 2nd sentence is entirely accurate but almost certainly not in the way you meant it.

He did absolutely fine on the pitch with us and played a big part in the win at Tynecastle in particular. Your 2nd sentence is entirely accurate but almost certainly not in the way you meant it.

Meh, I thought he was anonymous for the most part tbh. I'm aware of his off pitch antics, even the stuff that he managed to wriggle out of. But it's not the place/no one really cares on here anyway. I expect Celtic will offload him before his contract is up though.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Meh, I thought he was anonymous for the most part tbh. I'm aware of his off pitch antics, even the stuff that he managed to wriggle out of. But it's not the place/no one really cares on here anyway. I expect Celtic will offload him before his contract is up though.

I must be the only one who thought he was not that good

28 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Usual deadline day transfer news at Palmerston 🙅‍♂️

You were expecting us to get involved in the Mbappe race?

We signed a player on loan from England on Friday and another the week before. The domestic loan window remains open and we can always sign free agents.

23 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You were expecting us to get involved in the Mbappe race?

We signed a player on loan from England on Friday and another the week before. The domestic loan window remains open and we can always sign free agents.

Spoiler

I'd imagine Mbappe has always wanted to play with Willie Gibson. Can't blame him for aiming high.

17 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I thought Robinson looked no bad in the brief appearances he made, but as you say injury probably defined his time here. 

I imagine Motherwell probably saying the same about Connor Shields so far!

Robinson looked decent in pre-season friendlies, albeit against non league sides then was pretty much persistently injured for the rest of his time here. He had an encouraging sub appearance at Dunfermline at one point but was soon injured again. David Devine before him didn't have  great time either though his season was ended not long after signing by the initial Covid lockdown. Barry Maguire did ok without excelling. It's interesting he's nailed down a more regular first team place with Motherwell since in midfield rather than centre back where we generally used him.

I thought Robinson looked no bad in the brief appearances he made, but as you say injury probably defined his time here. 

He looked absolutely shite from the get go. A player I was excited about, due to him sniffing about Motherwells first team in europe