The Queen of the South thread

There seemed to be some confusion yesterday over whether seaon ticket were valid to allow holders to sit in their allocated seatsin the new stand. Stewards were apparently saying they weren't and people could sit anywhere. Caused a bit of ill feeling between some supporters. 

Before I say this, appreciate this would take significant man power potentially to resolve. However, the not having a clue what seats are reserved for season tickets or not does annoy me. Did actually quite enjoy the allocated seats. 

I am not a season ticket holder and the seat I would usually sit in has been blocked off by the red zone. Given the plaques are years old, I’ve got no idea which seats are for season ticket holders and which are not. I might be wrong but I’m guessing the seats marked as reserved are not amended every season? I actually went to the toilet at half time yesterday and the seat I was sitting in had been bumped by the time I got back.

23 hours ago, Greenacres said:

No way Thistle are paying any player £1200 a week or that we offered Holt £900 .

More like both  figures halfed then you are about right 

You know this how?

I'm still not convinced that Reilly would have been as good a signing as some posters on here seem to believe.  In the six seasons since he left us, he's only managed to score more than 4 goals over a season once.  Admittedly it could be argued that he's played at a (slightly) higher level but that's still a pretty poor record for a striker.  I'm happy to be proved wrong and if he does a job for Morton (provided it's not at our expense) I'll hold my hands up and be the first to say so, but for me he would have been a risky and relatively expensive signing.

More to the point though in terms of this discussion, can anyone actually confirm that AJ wanted and/or tried to sign Reilly in the first place?

29 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

More to the point though in terms of this discussion, can anyone actually confirm that AJ wanted and/or tried to sign Reilly in the first place?

It's as if some fans think we should go after every ex-Queens player who becomes available because they performed well for us several seasons ago. As you say Johnston might not even have made enquiries. We'll get the usual itk posters who'll say of course he did. Reilly is coming back from a serious injury, I'm quite happy to let Morton take the chance on his rehabilitation. We've already lost Cooper for much of the early part of the season through injury, seemingly quite a regular occurrence for him I believe, bringing in another potential crock would be too much of a risk, even though I appreciate they play in different positions. 

Is there a timeframe on Cooper's return? Not heard him mentioned much by AJ in interviews

It's as if some fans think we should go after every ex-Queens player who becomes available because they performed well for us several seasons ago. As you say Johnston might not even have made enquiries. We'll get the usual itk posters who'll say of course he did. Reilly is coming back from a serious injury, I'm quite happy to let Morton take the chance on his rehabilitation. We've already lost Cooper for much of the early part of the season through injury, seemingly quite a regular occurrence for him I believe, bringing in another potential crock would be too much of a risk, even though I appreciate they play in different positions. 

I'm still not convinced that Reilly would have been as good a signing as some posters on here seem to believe.  In the six seasons since he left us, he's only managed to score more than 4 goals over a season once.  Admittedly it could be argued that he's played at a (slightly) higher level but that's still a pretty poor record for a striker.  I'm happy to be proved wrong and if he does a job for Morton (provided it's not at our expense) I'll hold my hands up and be the first to say so, but for me he would have been a risky and relatively expensive signing.

[/quote
I agree with this - Gavin was a good player for us first time around but I think the Championship is definitely his level. If he came to us now not sure if he would be a definite starter - Rueben looks the clear first pick as target man and then you have Connolly, Roy and possibly Paton as very decent options playing off the big guy. Reilly doesn’t strike me as an obvious pick ahead of these players on current form and the last thing Gavin needs at this stage of his career is swapping one bench for another. Hope he does well at Morton and the step down might help him to re-establish him but it will be interesting to see how he does. The moves he has had have obviously been a big improvement financially but he has started very few games for Bristol Rov, Carlisle or Livvy and a lack of game time is not a positive on the Reilly cv.

Contact was made on several occasions but it’s irrelevant now.

Anyway , how’s Ally Roy’s injury ?

Contact was made on several occasions but it’s irrelevant now.

Anyway , how’s Ally Roy’s injury ?

Was he even injured? I noticed he touched his hamstring briefly but my skepticism was he was looking for an excuse to get off the park.

A fit Reilly is better than anything we have just now but I suppose that  is the  gamble  his fitness .

He is coming back from a bad injury Queens not prepared to take the risk Morton have time will tell who is right .

Time to move on now crucial last day of the window hopefully AJ has a quality loan lined up time will tell 

6 hours ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Is there a timeframe on Cooper's return? Not heard him mentioned much by AJ in interviews

I'm sure Johnston said he hoped to have him back training with the squad this week so maybe another week or two before he's in contention for a place. 

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Was he even injured? I noticed he touched his hamstring briefly but my skepticism was he was looking for an excuse to get off the park.

He either picked up an injury or he's a good actor cos he looked in a bit of discomfort. I think your being a bit harsh on his performance considering against Hamilton, and Kilmarnock too , he was having to track back quite a lot of the time to help in midfield /defence, hardly the best circumstances to judge him as a striker.  

He either picked up an injury or he's a good actor cos he looked in a bit of discomfort. I think your being a bit harsh on his performance considering against Hamilton, and Kilmarnock too , he was having to track back quite a lot of the time to help in midfield /defence, hardly the best circumstances to judge him as a striker.  
It was tongue-in-cheek tbh. I don't think it was harsh based on Saturday. I thought he was comfortably our worst player. I haven't been critical of him in previous games and think he's been good up until Saturday.

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

A fit Reilly is better than anything we have just now but I suppose that  is the  gamble  his fitness .

He is coming back from a bad injury Queens not prepared to take the risk Morton have time will tell who is right .

Time to move on now crucial last day of the window hopefully AJ has a quality loan lined up time will tell 

Domestic loans can be done until end of September.