The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, lowland star said:

I am glad you think that but you are wrong 100% . I was given information from a family member of Kevin holt . 
just remember when he resigned before . He was on £1000 a week and was being paid partly by a third party similar to how dobbie was 

Well if Holt was gonna cost £900 a week then I’m glad he went Thistle!

It is strange thst we have never used the tf yet but a know they did try to use it to Sign broadfoot in the summer as the tf made a statement to that affect

The opinion of Killie fans that Broadfoot was “done” when we were interested in signing him would appear to have been wide of the mark, given his team has kept 4 clean sheets in their
first 4 league games!

15 minutes ago, sidofthesouth said:

The opinion of Killie fans that Broadfoot was “done” when we were interested in signing him would appear to have been wide of the mark, given his team has kept 4 clean sheets in their
first 4 league games!

Four one nil wins....

They'll be saying 1-0 to the Inverness soon!

first 4 league games!

You can carry one shite defender tbf. We managed to get results with Buchanan in the backline last season.

3 hours ago, lowland star said:

I am glad you think that but you are wrong 100% . I was given information from a family member of Kevin holt . 
just remember when he resigned before . He was on £1000 a week and was being paid partly by a third party similar to how dobbie was 

Holt was never on anywhere near a £1000 a week when he played for us amazed you believed this family member now back to the real world somehow we must get a quality forward in on loan .

17 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Surely that's what the tanner funds for?? 

16 hours ago, Greenacres said:

That is what I thought it was for  as well or what is the point of it .

On a different point why was only one exit open at the Portland Road end making everyone squeeze out together surely better with the normal two certainly not good for Covid having us all stuck together like that when no need for it .

Surely the point of the Tanner Fund is provide extra funds if the club can't quite afford to bring in a player the manager is trying to get? Not to spend bringing in a player the fans have decided they want? Has there been any suggestion the manager wants Reilly or that the club have suggested they can't afford him if he does? Because I haven't seen it.

And the exit (and turnstiles) on the Arena side of the Oakbank Terrace are not open because the match officials are still using the changing rooms in the corner of the ground and therefore the route to them pre and post match is Red Zone and can't be entered by fans. If you are worried about Covid and being too close to people stand still for 5 mins and let the crowd clear a bit before you leave!

5 hours ago, Greenacres said:

No way Thistle are paying any player £1200 a week or that we offered Holt £900 .

More like both  figures halfed then you are about right 

😆 Jesus, you're clueless. Not sure what planet your on where Thistle aren't paying a fair number of their squad a 4 figure wage.

3 hours ago, trotsky27 said:

It is strange thst we have never used the tf yet but a know they did try to use it to Sign broadfoot in the summer as the tf made a statement to that affect

They did? I wasn't aware of that. Do you have a link?

On 28/08/2021 at 17:25, Flash said:

That’s us won 4 of the last 20 home league games. 4 wins, 3 draws and 13 defeats. 

The trend of conceding the first goal and losing continues. We’ve conceded first in 29 league games under Johnston and have come back to gets points twice. 1 win, 1 draw, 27 defeats.

Any idea what the home record is under Johnston? I’d be intrigued to see it over a longer period as well as I’m sure it was also fairly wretched under Naysmith.

On 28/08/2021 at 15:49, BeeJay said:

The worst performance I've witnessed for ages. Brynn reminds me of Calum Antell. Hamilton way ahead of us in every department and luck clearly with us. Have the team been in isolation this week?

Wouldn't go as far as to say he's approaching Calum Antell level.  However, on the evidence of the 2 games he's played thus far it is obvious that he dislikes the physical side.  Might be a good enough shot stopper but a bomb scare with crosses with his distribution erratic at best.  

However, he's not had a lot of time to settle in so we need to give him a bit more of a chance.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Thanks. Wasn't aware of that at all. I take it this is from a private newsletter or something?

This was posted talking about kirk Broadfoot 5 weeks ago, not Gavin Reilly.... Still think AJ would have liked Gavin here tho.. 

27 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Any idea what the home record is under Johnston? I’d be intrigued to see it over a longer period as well as I’m sure it was also fairly wretched under Naysmith.

In the league, I think it is P29 W8 D5 L16. 
In the cups P8 W1 D3 L4

41 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

This was posted talking about kirk Broadfoot 5 weeks ago, not Gavin Reilly.... Still think AJ would have liked Gavin here tho.. 

Yes, Trotsky said that. I'm well aware it's not talking about Gavin Reilly. I find the whole thing very odd though. Kirk Broadfoot was given an offer and chose to go to Inverness instead back in early July. Since then we've signed Brynn, Chima, Cochrane, Cooper, Debayo and Ben Liddle. And we paid a fee for Cochrane. We clearly weren't out of budget at that point.

I guess it was just a potential way of bridging a gap between what the player wanted and what the manager was willing to offer.

I have absolutely no issue with us not pushing the boat out for Reilly. Martindale described his injury as the worst hamstring tear he's ever seen. Given that Reilly's game is all about movement and running, there's every chance he isn't the player right now that he once was (though of course, he might get there again). In the context of our squad, his wages would presumably be fairly significant as well, so for me it's an understandable decision not to do it.