The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

Gavin Reilly is  going  to Morton on loan .

Apparently we were trying to get him but Livi want all his wages payed by the loan club something we would not do .

Hopefully AJ has something else  lined up we really need a player that can make a difference it is fine margins in the Championship 

Of all the clubs I wouldn't want Reilly to go out on loan to.

1 hour ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

Of all the clubs I wouldn't want Reilly to go out on loan to.

Agree, I see them as one of the weakest teams in the league and I’d like them to stay that way. Thought Arbroath would be too but they continue to amaze me. 

37 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Agree, I see them as one of the weakest teams in the league and I’d like them to stay that way. Thought Arbroath would be too but they continue to amaze me. 

Arbroath have got that big  striker who is making the difference for them up top on loan from Livi.

Why we can't just pay Reilly full wages I just do not understand 

We have to find a player like that before the window closes on Tuesfay night 

6 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Arbroath have got that big  striker who is making the difference for them up top on loan from Livi.

Why we can't just pay Reilly full wages I just do not understand 

We have to find a player like that before the window closes on Tuesfay night 

Surely that's what the tanner funds for?? 

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

That is what I thought it was for  as well or what is the point of it .

On a different point why was only one exit open at the Portland Road end making everyone squeeze out together surely better with the normal two certainly not good for Covid having us all stuck together like that when no need for it .

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

I didn't know the Tanner Fund was set up specifically to sign Gavin Reilly on loan, you learn something new every day. 

Edit to add: Is there any evidence we actually tried to get Reilly in? 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

Compared to what I had seen in pre season and the opening games we were poor. All this considering, we were still level late and a lack of concentration in the middle of the park allowed Accies to score the winner.

I think we also have to remember that it's still a fairly new squad and early doors, we should continue to get better and I am hopeful of a decent league finish.

Only Queens would show a real lack of interest from a supporters group wanting to give them a decent amount of money to help with players wages.

Several other clubs would bite their hand off for free cash donations.

It’s okay Billy , they don’t want a seat on the board or anything else in return.

Waken up or face another PR disaster.

34 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

Only Queens would show a real lack of interest from a supporters group wanting to give them a decent amount of money to help with players wages.

Several other clubs would bite their hand off for free cash donations.

It’s okay Billy , they don’t want a seat on the board or anything else in return.

Waken up or face another PR disaster.

How is it a pr disaster? . 
why do a lot of people think the club not trying to bring in players . 
I think they have really tried to go down a different route with the signing of young players .

also we have tried to bring players in for example .

kevin holt offered £900 a week three year deal and testimonial but went to thistle for £1200 2 year 

I think they have really tried to go down a different route with the signing of young players .
kevin holt offered £900 a week three year deal and testimonial but went to thistle for £1200 2 year 

Because there is a lot of fans giving hard earned cash, to try give us that wee boost to be better. If the Tanner was to just stop because of the lack of interest from the club of people that are trying to help, it wouldn’t be a great look.

Think everyone appreciates we’ve a young side, that’s fine as long as we plan to try keep them together and progress, then another clean slate. I’ll be honest yesterday was disappointing but there has still been enough to be encouraged by overall. Couple of big results needed though which other clubs like Arbroath ICT are getting now.

3 minutes ago, lowland star said:

No way Thistle are paying any player £1200 a week or that we offered Holt £900 .

More like both  figures halfed then you are about right 

Why don’t the club want the TF money ?

Why is there no interest or apparently no communication from Mr Chairman ?

There seems to be a few people claiming to be itk about the Tanner Fund. I contribute to it but have no idea if any of the Fund has been offered to the Club, or been  handed over too the Club or been refused by the Club. I would be very surprised, nay astounded, if the Club has actually knocked back any donations of money without having a genuine reason which seems to be the insinuation being made. 

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

No way Thistle are paying any player £1200 a week or that we offered Holt £900 .

More like both  figures halfed then you are about right 

I am glad you think that but you are wrong 100% . I was given information from a family member of Kevin holt . 
just remember when he resigned before . He was on £1000 a week and was being paid partly by a third party similar to how dobbie was 

14 minutes ago, lowland star said:

I am glad you think that but you are wrong 100% . I was given information from a family member of Kevin holt . 
just remember when he resigned before . He was on £1000 a week and was being paid partly by a third party similar to how dobbie was 

Did the family member tell you this so you could blurt it out on a public forum?  You claim Holt was on £1000 per week but not all paid for by the Club, it may be that Greenacres is closer to the mark in that it was actually only costing the Club around half of the sum mentioned.  

Maybe the club don't think using the tanner fund money to get a player in on loan is great and want to use it to help bring in a player they are signing for themselves. 

It is strange thst we have never used the tf yet but a know they did try to use it to Sign broadfoot in the summer as the tf made a statement to that affect