The Queen of the South thread

Four of the St Johnstone side that's doing well in European ties just now have played for Queens ( Clark, Rooney, Kerr and Kane) .... 👍

Good to see Chris Kane banging them in at that level now. Don't recall him being exactly prolific with us but he certainly worked his socks off up front.

Two new players ahead of tomorrow’s game 

“Ahead of our trip to Morton tomorrow, Manager Allan Johnston has added two youngsters to the squad. Joining the club as amateurs are 22-year-old, Olly McDonald and 18-year-old Matthew Henderson.

Attacking winger, Olly came through the youth system at Kilmarnock and was linked with a move to Sweden. He is the son of ex Hamilton player, Paul McDonald. While defender, Matthew spent his early career as a youth player at Rangers. He is a left sided defender who can also play in central defence.

Both have been training with us since we started pre-season.

Olly has been allocated squad number 23 and Matthew number 29.”

46 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

I thought we were shite off the park until your lots efforts this week. Better run Sunday league teams

It's so we have plenty of coins for the electric meter, lesson learned from last night.

3 hours ago, qos1990 said:

I thought we were shite off the park until your lots efforts this week. Better run Sunday league teams

People in glass houses maybe shouldn't chuck stones etc. ...... Palmerston has just had it's floodlights upgraded to LEDs ...... remember the fiasco with the Ross County floodlight failures X 2 a few seasons back. 🙄

Guess most clubs at our level are capable of the odd spectacular screw up now and then.

It looks like a tough season ahead for Queens goalies, first League game Partick score by kicking the ball out of the goalie's hands, second League game our goalie gets his heid kicked in by Kilmarnock and yesterday Morton barges the ball out of our goalie's hands to score.

22 hours ago, JessieField said:

It looks like a tough season ahead for Queens goalies, first League game Partick score by kicking the ball out of the goalie's hands, second League game our goalie gets his heid kicked in by Kilmarnock and yesterday Morton barges the ball out of our goalie's hands to score.

Will have to see the highlights hopefully on soon but it looked to me that the keeper was pushed into the net .

The radio and papers are all saying it was a mistake from our keeper .

Hopefully this week AJ can get the two  loan players we are after it would be a dream if one was Gavin Reilly but he will probable be out of our budget.

We really need experience added to our very young squad 

35 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Will have to see the highlights hopefully on soon but it looked to me that the keeper was pushed into the net .

Hopefully this week AJ can get the two  loan players we are after it would be a dream if one was Gavin Reilly but he will probable be out of our budget.

Really canny see Gavin turning up at Palmerston he never got much game time under AJ at either Queens or Dunfermline... 

7 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Really canny see Gavin turning up at Palmerston he never got much game time under AJ at either Queens or Dunfermline... 

Yeah, he only got 40 appearances in AJ's singular season in charge first time round. Not much game time, right enough.

Yeah, he only got 40 appearances in AJ's singular season in charge first time round. Not much game time, right enough.

Aye am not sure how anyone can have that view. I'm sure Gus was in charge when Reilly was on the fringes but it was AJ that really gave him the springboard.

49 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Reilly's been away for 6 seasons and has done nothing for 5 of them.  He's mainly been subbed on or off wherever he's been since, and even after his decent season at St Mirren Stubbs wasn't slow to show him the door.  I would rather we steered well clear.

As for your continuing obsession with adding experience, give it a rest man.  Would you really be happier seeing jobbers that are today's equivalents of past haddies like Mark Campbell, David Craig, Alan Reid, Tam Brighton, second season John Rankin, John Baird etc etc stinking the place out rather than a group of hungry young players wanting to establish themselves at a relatively high level in the game?

I've enjoyed watching this season's team so far.  They are easy on the eye, full of energy and most importantly most are willing and able to play in more than one position.  The last thing I want to see is some ageing deadweight being brought in just because he can talk a good game.

Mind you, "you can't win anything with kids", can you?

Reilly's been away for 6 seasons and has done nothing for 5 of them.  He's mainly been subbed on or off wherever he's been since, and even after his decent season at St Mirren Stubbs wasn't slow to show him the door.  I would rather we steered well clear.
As for your continuing obsession with adding experience, give it a rest man.  Would you really be happier seeing jobbers that are today's equivalents of past haddies like Mark Campbell, David Craig, Alan Reid, Tam Brighton, second season John Rankin, John Baird etc etc stinking the place out rather than a group of hungry young players wanting to establish themselves at a relatively high level in the game?
I've enjoyed watching this season's team so far.  They are easy on the eye, full of energy and most importantly most are willing and able to play in more than one position.  The last thing I want to see is some ageing deadweight being brought in just because he can talk a good game.
Mind you, "you can't win anything with kids", can you?

Extremely harsh on Reilly. He was a great player for us last time around and has played at a higher level since he left us. No reason to think he wouldn’t still cut it at championship level and be a very useful addition to the squad. I too would be delighted to see him back for the season

Nice to see the recent articles on the OS, eg Josh Debayo interview, Covid requirements re the Accies game, AJ match preview etc. Credit where it's due, well done guys and keep it going. 👍