The Queen of the South thread

11 hours ago, Northfield said:

Gavin Reilly available on loan from Livi .

Hopefully AJ will try and sign him.

From the sounds of it, it's just a 3-4 month loan until January though. To ensure he's up to fitness for Premiership. He had a 20cm hamstring tear last season in one of his first games for us and looks to be struggling to recover from it. Hopefully he can go out on loan and do well.

Martindale described his injury at the time as one of the worst he's ever seen

Edited by ATLIS

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, Fae_the_ said:
SPFL Trust Trophy tie V Broomhill has been moved to Sunday 5th September with. 2pm ko. 

Dancer. Couldn't make the original date. I assume it's being televised?

It’s been moved cos Scotland are playing on the Saturday.

https://www.qosfc.com/news-5504

6 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Opinions on Aidan Fitzpatrick,training  with Saints at the moment?

There's definitely a player in there, but spent a lot of time not looking particularly interested. Was the signing I was most excited about last summer, but he failed to live up to that. I'd be very meh about him returning here, so if I were a Saints fan I'd be pretty disappointed to sign him, tbh.

Definitely a player in there. Very fast but does not track back when required. I wouldn’t be that disappointed if he was still with us TBH.

Difference from us to st. Johnstone though. Maybe playing for a bigger club be kick up arse he needs, but application his issue not ability

Cheers guys, won’t fit in if he doesn’t burst a gut imo 

If his role requires him to track back and put in effort then as you say, it won't be a good fit. Definitely has potential but I've not witnessed much from him to suggest he'll be getting a game at Norwich any time soon. Compare it to Jones and I'm not surprised he's knocking on the Boro first team door.

I reckon he'll end up at a Scottish Premiership side permanently soon enough if he doesn't get his act together.

I would be pretty meh if he re-joined us so doubt it'd be a good signing for Saints.

4 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

There's definitely a player in there, but spent a lot of time not looking particularly interested. Was the signing I was most excited about last summer, but he failed to live up to that. I'd be very meh about him returning here, so if I were a Saints fan I'd be pretty disappointed to sign him, tbh.

^^^^ What dhd said is my view too.  Frustrating player,  can score and assist but was often hooked during games.