The Queen of the South thread

I haven't managed to see the first two league games due to travelling, but from the reports and folks views on here I reckon I'm going to stay positive and not hit the panic button for the time being.  Those first two games always carried a high risk of zero points anyway and by all accounts we've been hard done by to lose both, and only by a late goal in each.  Missing Connelly due to Covid reasons yesterday maybe reduced our creativity up front.  Like last season, with a big squad turnover I think its going to take a fair chunk of the first quarter to settle our side down but I'm hoping that this defence will gel quicker than last season.  I like that we're casting the net further afield (than just the usual Scottish lower league market) to build the squad again and that there's a lot of youth and energy in the side.

Jakeyman beat me to it there - also saw that Izzy Jones was a sub for Boro today, so no way he'll be back on loan this season.

Well again we played really well but the sucker punch at the end was hard to take for the players as they put so much into the game. Our defence marshalled Killie's threat all of the game until Joseph was attracted to he ball rather than stick to his man he was meant to be marking. I would have kept McGrory on and brought Cochrane on beside him as another poster said we seemed to have a good defensive line and Cochrane could have enhanced that just felt we fell back 10 yards last 20 minutes.  Thought Gibson really helped Debayo all game and I am amazed how good East is at the back. Looks as if he played there for years. Thought Debayo had a good game after a nervy first 10. Nditi has a lot of strings to his bow. I am still really optimistic about this year. I agree even at this early stage we should be looking to tie down some of these guys on 1 year deals. Todd seems to be getting fitter with every week and is a great runner. At least with Connelly Covid test we have no game next weekend so we should not miss the players for to long and they will be back for the  next game at Morton. 

Guest Flash
On 06/08/2021 at 12:16, Skyline Drifter said:

I don't know any of this. As far as I know there has been no update from the JRG but I don't get them directly. There will be Red Zones until we're told otherwise. Walk ups won't be allowed I imagine until it's not required to take track and trace details. It's not practical to do that with walk ups. Although social distancing is (supposedly) going, I've seen nothing to suggest whether or not it will still be required to maintain track and trace on allocated seats.

Fortunately as we don't have a home game for 3 weeks I imagine this will be clarified well before we need to consider it again. Ideally with the removal of all restrictions but I fear that's wildly optimistic.

Had a look through The Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Requirements) (Scotland) Regulations 2021 and it appears that track and trace won’t be required for crowds of under 5,000. It is likely they will be required for crowds of over 5,000 but that might depend on what the local council says when granting the exemption to the limit.
Contact details are still required for indoor hospitality venues (Regulation 3).
Hopefully the JRG won’t impose anything that goes beyond the legislation, so it looks like walk ups could be allowed for games where it is obvious the crowd will be under 5,000. I suppose if there is any doubt, games might have to be all-ticket, but ‘normal’ tickets could be sold in advance at the ground rather than it all having to be done online.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi/2021/277/contents/made

40 minutes ago, lowland star said:

Heard this morning that young josh Rae out for a while with broken cheek bone and we are looking at bringing a keeper from down south . 
as much as I like charlie cowie  not ready to play week in week out in the championship 

Shame about Josh Rae but I quite agree we should bring in another keeper.  Charlie Cowie did fine last season V Raith but wasn't really tested at all, and even when he came on on Saturday V Killie,  apart from making one great save,  he wasn't really tested either.  His time will come but at the moment he should be considered as back up.  Of course it remains to be seen who we can bring in and if they're any better than Charlie. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

On 08/08/2021 at 09:03, qos1990 said:

Sandy Clark blaming Joseph for killies winner without naming him. Remember at one point thinking he was sauntering back while Harry Cochrane absolutely bursted a gut to get back in, don’t know if this was in lead up to the goal.

Looking at the video clip from behind the goal it's definitely Joseph that's caught out.

Just so Rangers can stitch us up again. No thanks
We've had 4 on loan from them since with no issues*. I'm willing to forgive them for that. Especially for someone as good a McCrorie.

* Excluding Dickson's NED antics.

Lost track,  what's he up to now anyway? 
No idea tbh. I had a look at the Rangers bench from the Utd game and he wasn't there but he also never started for the B team against East Kilbride. He seems to be in some kind of 'nether zone' the now. Unless of course he's already on loan and I've completely missed it.

27 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
45 minutes ago, Fae_the_ said:
Lost track,  what's he up to now anyway? 

No idea tbh. I had a look at the Rangers bench from the Utd game and he wasn't there but he also never started for the B team against East Kilbride. He seems to be in some kind of 'nether zone' the now. Unless of course he's already on loan and I've completely missed it.

He was on the bench when they played Malmö 

That's bad news...

I did think by the players' reaction it looked quite serious.

Heard this morning that young josh Rae out for a while with broken cheek bone and we are looking at bringing a keeper from down south . 
as much as I like charlie cowie  not ready to play week in week out in the championship