The Queen of the South thread

Was right in line with it, it was a sore one [emoji85]
Tbf I thought it was a penalty at first 
It didn't look good from my view and I was up the back of the terrace. I thought Rae got there before the striker and then got clobbered. I thought the yellow was harsh on first viewing as he had every right to go for it but I thought it was the right call.

It didn't look good from my view and I was up the back of the terrace. I thought Rae got there before the striker and then got clobbered. I thought the yellow was harsh on first viewing as he had every right to go for it but I thought it was the right call.

From what I could see, the player had every right to go for it

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Watching it on a laptop, so it is was what it came across. Thought the game was going to change big style when the young boy came on.

17 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'd need to see it again but I thought he was late and definitely deserved the yellow. I would expect him to go for it though. Probably not red but like I say, would need to see again.

It was right in front of me and it was accidental. 

Never knew his age but he was obviously a young lad and had a nervous few minutes as he messed up a long kick and then the pass back catch that nearly went past him . Good to see him make save later as he settled down 

1 hour ago, flood said:

Never knew his age but he was obviously a young lad and had a nervous few minutes as he messed up a long kick and then the pass back catch that nearly went past him . Good to see him make save later as he settled down 

He was thrown in at the start of Queens best run from last season, when Jack Leighfield was injured in the pre-match warm-up away to Raith when Queens won 3-0. He was only 16 then and 17 now. His birthday is in February.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'd need to see it again but I thought he was late and definitely deserved the yellow. I would expect him to go for it though. Probably not red but like I say, would need to see again.

2 hours ago, flood said:

Is it just me or did it seem like the ref booked the player after seeing the damage to Rae's face? He gave the freekick to Queens instantly so I didn't suspect a penalty, but Im sure the physios were on before the card was shown. The way the Killie fans behind the goal reacted I thought for a minute he might've shown a red.

Is it just me or did it seem like the ref booked the player after seeing the damage to Rae's face? He gave the freekick to Queens instantly so I didn't suspect a penalty, but Im sure the physios were on before the card was shown. The way the Killie fans behind the goal reacted I thought for a minute he might've shown a red.
I have to admit I kind of thought the ref booked the player for complaining. But that was an assumption based on the time it took to book him. I never actually saw anything like that. You could be right of course.

11 minutes ago, DG.Roma said:

I think the reaction from Killie fans was disgust at foul and surprise at yellow . I never feared red

It was a 50/50 and Haunstrup had only gone for ball in box as you would expect your player to do. He’s not a dirty player and usually craps out from anything involving contact

Sandy Clark blaming Joseph for killies winner without naming him. Remember at one point thinking he was sauntering back while Harry Cochrane absolutely bursted a gut to get back in, don’t know if this was in lead up to the goal.

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
10 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

I have to admit I kind of thought the ref booked the player for complaining. But that was an assumption based on the time it took to book him. I never actually saw anything like that. You could be right of course.

Yeah booking him for complaining would make sense, given the time between the incident and the card being shown.

9 hours ago, flood said:

I think the reaction from Killie fans was disgust at foul and surprise at yellow . I never feared red

It was a 50/50 and Haunstrup had only gone for ball in box as you would expect your player to do. He’s not a dirty player and usually craps out from anything involving contact

Again fair enough. Even if it was 40/60 in favour of the keeper you'd still hope the attacking player would try to get there and would be disappointed if he pulled out. Just hope Rae's injuries aren't too bad.

Good win for us at a difficult venue. Thought I’ve the piece Queens played well the boy Nditi was man marking Burke very well. First half we were hitting too many aimless punts hoping the grass would hold it up behind centre backs. Also too slow in transition at times when countering. Willie Gibson was very good throughout for a 37year old he completely pocketed our left side for the vast majority of the game. 

With regards to the keeper getting injured it was a 50/50 infront of me in terrace, if anything Haunstrup almost kicked ball in towards keepers face. Blood running down face I think made ref book him as it was there to be won and as said Haunstrup is not a particularly dirty player.  The young boy Cowie come on and did well. I think by that time Queens had tired quite a bit and had dropped 10 yards. Cowie made a great save from Alston unbelievable fingertip. Alston stuck one past post and then Cameron missed a free header from about 8 yards. 

Queens had a few breakaways but a lack of quality in shooting and bad decision making with final balls spared our blushes.

Fortunately for us the left winger went chasing the ball instead of marking Naismith in last few minutes.

Thoroughly enjoyed the terracing and the game. Queens were much better than Ayr the other night and i think with a run of games will improve and be secure mid table.  

Goodluck to you rest of season

1 hour ago, qos1990 said:

Sandy Clark blaming Joseph for killies winner without naming him. Remember at one point thinking he was sauntering back while Harry Cochrane absolutely bursted a gut to get back in, don’t know if this was in lead up to the goal.

Interview I read,  Clark says the fresh player on,  Niyah Joseph,  didn't track his man,  so he named him in that. 

Interview I read,  Clark says the fresh player on,  Niyah Joseph,  didn't track his man,  so he named him in that. 

I’ve watched killies replay of goal, and he steps inside when there is no real need. Leaving naismith wide open

1 hour ago, Cmac1869 said:

Good win for us at a difficult venue. Thought I’ve the piece Queens played well the boy Nditi was man marking Burke very well. First half we were hitting too many aimless punts hoping the grass would hold it up behind centre backs. Also too slow in transition at times when countering. Willie Gibson was very good throughout for a 37year old he completely pocketed our left side for the vast majority of the game. 

With regards to the keeper getting injured it was a 50/50 infront of me in terrace, if anything Haunstrup almost kicked ball in towards keepers face. Blood running down face I think made ref book him as it was there to be won and as said Haunstrup is not a particularly dirty player.  The young boy Cowie come on and did well. I think by that time Queens had tired quite a bit and had dropped 10 yards. Cowie made a great save from Alston unbelievable fingertip. Alston stuck one past post and then Cameron missed a free header from about 8 yards. 

Queens had a few breakaways but a lack of quality in shooting and bad decision making with final balls spared our blushes.

Fortunately for us the left winger went chasing the ball instead of marking Naismith in last few minutes.

Thoroughly enjoyed the terracing and the game. Queens were much better than Ayr the other night and i think with a run of games will improve and be secure mid table.  

Goodluck to you rest of season

I don't know how your plastic at Rugby Park plays but expecting  balls over the top to hold up on our carpet is a waste of time,  it skids off too fast.