The Queen of the South thread

Guest Flash
21 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
52 minutes ago, TxRover said:
Anyone know the intended PPV pricing this year for QoS?

I'm assuming £10 again. It was for the League Cup games certainly.

I think that was because the gate price was £10. It might be different for the league games that cost £18 to attend.
Although it is a bit rubbish watching the streams compared to going, I think £10 would be too cheap when it is £18 to get in. Different thing when you aren’t allowed in so you’re not competing with anything.

35 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, TxRover said:
Anyone know the intended PPV pricing this year for QoS?

I'm assuming £10 again. It was for the League Cup games certainly.

10 minutes ago, Flash said:

I think that was because the gate price was £10. It might be different for the league games that cost £18 to attend.
Although it is a bit rubbish watching the streams compared to going, I think £10 would be too cheap when it is £18 to get in. Different thing when you aren’t allowed in so you’re not competing with anything.

Yea, a couple of other teams have shown a £2-4 increase for Championship matches versus Cup matches. Was just hoping someone might have seen something as you watch QoS more closely than I do (almost not at all).

That's true. Our coverage is good but there's no danger I'd pay £18 for it. I think £14 is about as high as I'd go tbh and even then it'd likely be a pick and choose basis.

34 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's true. Our coverage is good but there's no danger I'd pay £18 for it. I think £14 is about as high as I'd go tbh and even then it'd likely be a pick and choose basis.

Me too.  Over £12 for ppv and I reckon the club would be cutting its own throat. Different once crowds can be bigger.

Any of you backing Muzz's shout that QoS will finish just inside the playoffs this season? Lack of players a worry but starting to rack up good signings but looking a mirror image of last season before you ended up finishing the second half of the season strong...

Playoffs? Baws to that. 44/1 on Ladbrokes to win the league.

In for a penny, in for a pound.

Any of you backing Muzz's shout that QoS will finish just inside the playoffs this season? Lack of players a worry but starting to rack up good signings but looking a mirror image of last season before you ended up finishing the second half of the season strong...

52 minutes ago, The Culag said:

I'm liking some of the work we've done re new signings but I've no idea how we'll fare. Happy that we're signing folk from down South again but it's no certainty they'll be a success. 

1 hour ago, The Culag said:

Which play offs, aye? 😏

Last season it took AJ the first round of 9 games to figure out the best positions/shape and then plug some gaps with loanees. Hopefully we can improve a wee bit on that handicap. But I've really no idea how this will go. 🙄

2 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Last season it took AJ the first round of 9 games to figure out the best positions/shape and then plug some gaps with loanees. 

And then it all fell apart again.

People forget that the final third of the season was almost as bad as the first one.  The win at Tynecastle saved it a bit and was just enough to keep us out of trouble.

Fortunately, the middle chunk was outrageously strong.

10 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

And then it all fell apart again.

People forget that the final third of the season was almost as bad as the first one.  The win at Tynecastle saved it a bit and was just enough to keep us out of trouble.

Fortunately, the middle chunk was outrageously strong.

Very true MT, but the point was that with such a major squad rebuild it takes time to figure out how best to fit the pieces together. We could be in for another stuttering start.

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Very true MT, but the point was that with such a major squad rebuild it takes time to figure out how best to fit the pieces together. We could be in for another stuttering start.

We might well be.

There just seems to be a perception that because we started terribly last season, but wound up 6th, we must have done great on the run in. 

That perception is clear in the comment at the top of the page introducing the podcast :  "looking a mirror image of last season before you ended up finishing the second half of the season strong..."

The reality is that we ended the season extremely poorly, taking just 2 points from a possible closing15.  We can't blame that on waiting for our new squad to gel properly.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

We might well be.

There just seems to be a perception that because we started terribly last season, but wound up 6th, we must have done great on the run in. 

That perception is clear in the comment at the top of the page introducing the podcast :  "looking a mirror image of last season before you ended up finishing the second half of the season strong..."

The reality is that we ended the season extremely poorly, taking just 2 points from a possible closing15.  We can't blame that on waiting for our new squad to gel properly.

This.

Up until the "Charlie Cowie" match at Raith we were a shambles, particularly in defence, but the addition of Breen and playing Ayo as a deep midfielder improved our organisation and helped to paper over Buchanan's deficiencies.  In the middle third of the season, having added Jones and Mebude alongside Shields we had pace to burn and punished high line defences on the break.  Opposing managers got wise to this and played a deeper line against us in the final third of the season and that combined with injuries to Shields and Jones meant we found goals much harder to come by and struggled accordingly. 

Had the season lasted another 9 games I'm sure we would have been deep in the relegation mire unless AJ had another tactical rethink.

This.
Up until the "Charlie Cowie" match at Raith we were a shambles, particularly in defence, but the addition of Breen and playing Ayo as a deep midfielder improved our organisation and helped to paper over Buchanan's deficiencies.  In the middle third of the season, having added Jones and Mebude alongside Shields we had pace to burn and punished high line defences on the break.  Opposing managers got wise to this and played a deeper line against us in the final third of the season and that combined with injuries to Shields and Jones meant we found goals much harder to come by and struggled accordingly. 
Had the season lasted another 9 games I'm sure we would have been deep in the relegation mire unless AJ had another tactical rethink.

To an extent they got wise. I would say trying to shoehorn Dickson and Dapo into the side was more detrimental. Dapo out wide just didn’t work in the slightest and Dickson in attacking midfield worked hard but I feel he’d be better as a Scott Brown type. I actually feel East being injured was a big thing for us, he gave us a right balance when he played out wide, never offered a hell of a lot most games but we rarely lost goals down his side, where as down left we seemed to lose loads. That’s where Maxwell’s downfall was for me.

Thought we played well at times today. Schoolboy defending again our issue. We played extremely well keeping the ball on the deck against Airdrie and again today but there was to many long balls today. Ruben was not at the races and Paton was not in the game first half. Cochrane done okay when he came on. But for me far too many long balls at times especially when the new guys came in at the back. We are good on the deck so why punt it. Roy looked like the player they were all talking before he scored some goals. What about composure and time when Connelly shut the goalie down. Looking forward to the Killie game next week even although we lost today. 

6 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

Thought we played well at times today. Schoolboy defending again our issue. We played extremely well keeping the ball on the deck against Airdrie and again today but there was to many long balls today. Ruben was not at the races and Paton was not in the game first half. Cochrane done okay when he came on. But for me far too many long balls at times especially when the new guys came in at the back. We are good on the deck so why punt it. Roy looked like the player they were all talking before he scored some goals. What about composure and time when Connelly shut the goalie down. Looking forward to the Killie game next week even although we lost today. 

No good playing well at times scoring 2 good goals then defending like that .

Our defence should have been the first thing to get sorted not just at the last minute sign any defender available .

Have said we need experience height and a physical presence at the back until we get that we will struggle to win any game in the Championship