The Queen of the South thread

53 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Another 2 year deal is incredible, what’s gan on?! Young player again as well. Supposedly once watched by Benfica and Braga and recently on trial with Newcastle and Coventry so he must have something about him. Really exciting times ahead just now at the club IMO. 

We are so box office ...... aye? 😀

That's an intriguing one, he's been without a club for the last year, which makes the claims of all these big clubs being interested in him a bit hard to believe, tbh. Hopefully he lives up to that sort of hype, AJ has obviously seen enough in him that he was happy to give the 2 year deal. 

36 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

Another signing and another 2 year deal. Maybe we’ve a bigger and better budget than the experts think 🧐

Dunno, but the budget was probably really screwed down tight last season due to all the Covid uncertainty. Maybe some easing of it this season. It's all guesswork though.

31 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

That's an intriguing one, he's been without a club for the last year, which makes the claims of all these big clubs being interested in him a bit hard to believe, tbh. Hopefully he lives up to that sort of hype, AJ has obviously seen enough in him that he was happy to give the 2 year deal. 

I think the fact that he’s been without a club for a season yet Newcastle, Coventry, Benfica and Braga have all had him on trial recently shows he must have something about him.

1 hour ago, ALOREBURNE said:

I think the fact that he’s been without a club for a season yet Newcastle, Coventry, Benfica and Braga have all had him on trial recently shows he must have something about him.

He hasn’t been on trial with Benfica and Braga. 

Strange that he hasn't had a club but then footballers are human as well and he maybe needed time away from the game, you never know.

Pleased that it's another unknown name though.

A bit OT and pretty irrelevant but I like how diverse our squads have been the last couple of season as well.

Strange that he hasn't had a club but then footballers are human as well and he maybe needed time away from the game, you never know.

Pleased that it's another unknown name though.

A bit OT and pretty irrelevant but I like how diverse our squads have been the last couple of season as well.

There’s also been the pandemic in with the bargain for him not having a team. The reaction of Coventry fans to him signing for us encouraging enough for me

There’s also been the pandemic in with the bargain for him not having a team. The reaction of Coventry fans to him signing for us encouraging enough for me
Also true.

Where are you seeing the Coventry fans' comments?