The Queen of the South thread

Good signing but has to kick on after 2 poor loan spells. Has the ability to kick on. Most of our players are on one year deals are they not. Only Paton and now Cochrane on longer deals. Would love the club to tie down Connelly, East and McGrory down for longer as they are good players and have proved they are excellent in the right group. 
Nditi too. But yeah i agree the age of our sqaud is grand too young team. Conolly has been unreal!

10 minutes ago, QosLoyal said:
23 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:
Good signing but has to kick on after 2 poor loan spells. Has the ability to kick on. Most of our players are on one year deals are they not. Only Paton and now Cochrane on longer deals. Would love the club to tie down Connelly, East and McGrory down for longer as they are good players and have proved they are excellent in the right group. 

Nditi too. But yeah i agree the age of our sqaud is grand too young team. Conolly has been unreal!

Sorry yes fogot about Nditi. 100%

Yes I agree - early days but the rebuild that AJ and SC have done has significantly exceeded my expectations. Great to see us go with younger players with pace, skill and the emphasis on attack. If we don’t sign the key players on 2 year deals the danger is that the vultures circle and they get the longer term benefits of our good recruitment. For me Nditi, East, McGrory, Dunn,Connolly, Roy,Joseph, Ruben all fall into this category. I appreciate that we may have already tried to do this and perhaps some players have hedged their bets but this crop look good to me and with youth on their side they can surely only improve. I also liked the look of Muir, and McMahon when they came on. We have had such a dearth of young talent recently that it certainly gives grounds for cautious optimism. That said I can’t see any Champ rivals being as lazy and disorganised as Airdrie were today.

Yes I agree - early days but the rebuild that AJ and SC have done has significantly exceeded my expectations. Great to see us go with younger players with pace, skill and the emphasis on attack. If we don’t sign the key players on 2 year deals the danger is that the vultures circle and they get the longer term benefits of our good recruitment. For me Nditi, East, McGrory, Dunn,Connolly, Roy,Joseph, Ruben all fall into this category. I appreciate that we may have already tried to do this and perhaps some players have hedged their bets but this crop look good to me and with youth on their side they can surely only improve. I also liked the look of Muir, and McMahon when they came on. We have had such a dearth of young talent recently that it certainly gives grounds for cautious optimism. That said I can’t see any Champ rivals being as lazy and disorganised as Airdrie were today.
There was a move with McMahon, Muir and someone else (I want to say McGrory) that resulted in McMahon coming close with a shot. It was absolutely fantastic football and I really hope AJ continues with this style. We'll come up against far better opposition than Airdrie, as you say, but if we perform as well going forward as we did today we'll do some damage to sides.

I'm a lot more confident at this stage than last as well and if AJ gets the loans right (again) then we could potentially be watching some really good football next season.

It's all down to who he brings in defensively now IMO. The new guys have done well so far but we really do need a bit of experience at the back.

There was a move with McMahon, Muir and someone else (I want to say McGrory) that resulted in McMahon coming close with a shot. It was absolutely fantastic football and I really hope AJ continues with this style. We'll come up against far better opposition than Airdrie, as you say, but if we perform as well going forward as we did today we'll do some damage to sides.

I'm a lot more confident at this stage than last as well and if AJ gets the loans right (again) then we could potentially be watching some really good football next season.

It's all down to who he brings in defensively now IMO. The new guys have done well so far but we really do need a bit of experience at the back.

12 minutes ago, Sankasouthy said:

Totally agree with the last paragraph, we need some experience in the team. Really pleased with AJ & SC’s signings so far on a limited budget emoji106.png

We have experience in abundance with Gibson this team of young players play with no fear which is so refreshing to watch. 

Does Willie Gibson play that well most weeks? 36 and been down in the lower leagues I thought he would be done at this stage of his career.  He was a player I liked a lot back in his first spell with you and he looked absolutely fantastic today absolute game changer 

A magnificent player who has gone above and beyond to maintain his fitness. Deserves the plaudits coming his way.

Does Willie Gibson play that well most weeks? 36 and been down in the lower leagues I thought he would be done at this stage of his career.  He was a player I liked a lot back in his first spell with you and he looked absolutely fantastic today absolute game changer 

11 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

YIP

We have experience in abundance with Gibson this team of young players play with no fear which is so refreshing to watch. 

Hhmmm, one player at 36 years old is experience in abundance? I don’t think so! As good as Wullie has been last season and hopefully this season we need at least one or two more experienced players, not just on the park but off it as well.

On 11/06/2021 at 11:21, cb_diamond said:

Can you tell I really didn't like him 😂 Honestly though, that's a shocker that someone in management at your club  looked at his utterly abysmal track record everywhere he's went and thought to themselves "this seems like just the fella for what will be a pure slog of a season". 

On 11/06/2021 at 16:56, cb_diamond said:

Ally Roy is like the real life lower league version of scabby queen and you guys have him this season... 😬

8D4C813F-C6A6-41F6-B053-FE85AA7E17F6.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Sankasouthy said:

Hhmmm, one player at 36 years old is experience in abundance? I don’t think so! As good as Wullie has been last season and hopefully this season we need at least one or two more experienced players, not just on the park but off it as well.

Have you not enjoyed the way we are playing?

Have you not enjoyed the way we are playing?

Oh yes, pleasantly surprised [emoji106] Still need to get experience in the team young fella, it’s a must! Just watch the signings AJ makes in the near future. There will be a bit of experience, I’m sure [emoji12]

25 minutes ago, Sankasouthy said:

Oh yes, pleasantly surprised emoji106.png Still need to get experience in the team young fella, it’s a must! Just watch the signings AJ makes in the near future. There will be a bit of experience, I’m sure emoji12.png

If we are hoping up with Middlesbrough as reported we will not be signing experience. You only get experience by being allowed to play.

I haven't seen any games yet due to other commitments but it all sounds encouraging. Pleased with the Harry Cochrane signing too but as someone said earlier he does seem to have slipped back a bit form wise since he burst onto the scene at Tynecastle, just hope he can get his mojo back with Queens.

That said and because the way the League Cup is treated these days I'm not that sure we can read too much into those results. The real calibration will come in the first two or three league games, so fingers crossed we continue our reasonable start.