The Queen of the South thread

11 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

That's my Ticket Allocation for tomorrow through now. 

Are we expecting another email through at all? What did your email say? Reason I’m asking is because my grandson bought mine for me and it’s not my name on the ticket, it’s his but he did put my name in the allocated place. 

16 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Obviously nowhere near the ability of Dan Pybus but he’ll do a solid job for you emoji6.pngemoji15.png

Thankfully he’s only going to be a squad player (pybus) with the addition of Cole and Iain Wilson coming back from injury.

Sounds like Breen is steady enough at this level and a decent bit of business on a 2 year deal.

Cheers gents!

7 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Thankfully he’s only going to be a squad player (pybus) with the addition of Cole and Iain Wilson coming back from injury.

Sounds like Breen is steady enough at this level and a decent bit of business on a 2 year deal.

Cheers gents!

Aye all joking aside Breen will do fine at this level and at 21 still young enough to improve. 

I'd have been happy to have him back at QOS.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

1 hour ago, FrankReynolds said:

Are we expecting another email through at all? What did your email say? Reason I’m asking is because my grandson bought mine for me and it’s not my name on the ticket, it’s his but he did put my name in the allocated place. 

Yep,  another email to follow later today with information on "conduct at the ground." 

3 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Yep,  another email to follow later today with information on "conduct at the ground." 

The email I got was addressed to my grandson but my name isn’t there even though he put my name on the name allocation part. Do you know if that’ll be a problem with them asking for ID? 

Just now, FrankReynolds said:

The email I got was addressed to my grandson but my name isn’t there even though he put my name on the name allocation part. Do you know if that’ll be a problem with them asking for ID? 

I suppose if they ask for ID there might be a problem but I didn't see anyone being asked to show ID at the last game. Maybe someone more itk can advise you better. 

45 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Alright lads, question about James Maxwell, can he play further up the field or on the right or is he only a left back?

He only played LB for us, from memory. However, he is decent going forward, so I'd expect him to at least be effective in a system with wing backs. I'm not sure I'd want to play him as an actual midfielder, though.

Edited by die hard doonhamer

24 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Alright lads, question about James Maxwell, can he play further up the field or on the right or is he only a left back?

We always played him at left back but he is really good going forward maybe could play left mid .

Needs to work on the defensive side of his game which he will.

Strange move going to Ayr some have said he was offered to us but we turned the loan down .

Hopefully AJ has better lined up but I doubt it 

7 minutes ago, Northfield said:

We always played him at left back but he is really good going forward maybe could play left mid .

Strange move going to Ayr some have said he was offered to us but we turned the loan down .

We've already signed our first choice left back for the season.

He only played LB for us, from memory. However, he is decent going forward, so I'd expect him to at least be effective in a system with wing backs. I'm not sue I'd want to play him as an actual midfielder, though.

Pretty sure Hopkin has previous for taking left backs on loan and playing them in midfield when he did it with James Penrice. Although I think it’s far more likely we put Paddy Reading elsewhere to accommodate Maxwell at left back.

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

No.

Why should we not be concerned?

The majority of clubs in our league are putting the finishing touches to there squads not needing at least 6 players .

Our defence or lack of it is going to cost us again this season.

3 hours ago, Northfield said:

We’re a bigger club than Queens so it’s really not that strange tbqhwy.