The Queen of the South thread

Interesting. But I remember thinking Todd was sat quite deep.

Cooper's been here for about 3 or 4 weeks, albeit got injured early in pre-season and hadn't played any of the friendlies.
I thought we started:
------------------- Rae -----------------
Gibson --- Nditi --- East --- Cooper
---------------- McGrory --------------
----Paton ------------------ Connelly
--- Junior ----- Joseph ----- Todd
but the front five moved around a lot and swapped positions.
Euan East absolutely strolled it at the back to be fair to him.

Well it was so good to be back watching our team.

Can I just say with the team we out our today I was quite impressed. We had a player we signed as a striker playing centre half and fair play East was excellent. The difference from last year to this year and we had a supposed experienced squad last year. I was impressed with how much of our play was on the ground and not just pumped forward hoping for the best. Paton has to step up his work rate. Connelly works hard but will miss more than he scores but I do like him. Nditi made one mistake but compared to Buchanan...

Todd is getting there good on the ball a good team player. McGrory looks like a new player in the sitting role, very calm under pressure. Big Ruben looks very raw but what a workrate. Gibson is timeless always there for other teammates. Joseph I am not to sure will figure much when we get more players in. McKay due back for the Motherwell game so another new face

Missed out on Kirk Broadfoot he has signed for Inverness .
His experience would have helped us but every Killie fan says he is done.
Hopefully AJ has many more targets especially loan signing 

In his interview after Todays game mentioned he thinks we need another 6 players which I don’t think is far away. With them 6 and McKay/McKechnie (at some point) then our squad will be sitting at a nice number. I think we have to bide our time to get the right quality in now though, I think most were generally pleased with how today went, it’s about get the final pieces around what’s there in and they need to have quality.

1 hour ago, qos1990 said:

In his interview after Todays game mentioned he thinks we need another 6 players which I don’t think is far away. With them 6 and McKay/McKechnie (at some point) then our squad will be sitting at a nice number. I think we have to bide our time to get the right quality in now though, I think most were generally pleased with how today went, it’s about get the final pieces around what’s there in and they need to have quality.

This. The players who come in need to be of decent quality. If they merely pad out numbers with no increase in quality then we will struggle again this season.

11 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Cooper's been here for about 3 or 4 weeks, albeit got injured early in pre-season and hadn't played any of the friendlies.

I thought we started:

------------------- Rae -----------------
Gibson --- Nditi --- East --- Cooper
---------------- McGrory --------------
----Paton ------------------ Connelly
--- Junior ----- Joseph ----- Todd

but the front five moved around a lot and swapped positions.

Euan East absolutely strolled it at the back to be fair to him.

Paton up front. Would have gobbled them chances up. 

10 hours ago, Northfield said:

Missed out on Kirk Broadfoot he has signed for Inverness .

His experience would have helped us but every Killie fan says he is done.

Hopefully AJ has many more targets especially loan signing 

Where you seeing this?

1 hour ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Paton up front. Would have gobbled them chances up. 

Paton looked lost wide right thought he was a forward going to get us goals .

The new signing must somehow be better quality than we have just now.

Only way we can do that is loan signing it would be worth waiting on the likes of Maxwell and Jones think wishfull thinking on my part getting those 2 back 

Didn't make game yesterday but going by highlights the team created many chances, and score could have been much different if any had been taken. Team looks promising and with AJ saying he hoping to get another 6/7 players in before the league starts it bodes well for the season. C'mon the Queens. 💙⚽

Paton looked lost wide right thought he was a forward going to get us goals .
The new signing must somehow be better quality than we have just now.
Only way we can do that is loan signing it would be worth waiting on the likes of Maxwell and Jones think wishfull thinking on my part getting those 2 back 

Go away

Overall I'm not too disappointed about losing this game.  As has been well enough documented already we created plenty chances, just need to be more clinical up front.  It would be more concerning however if we weren't creating chances.  First competitive game for a new squad that is still clearly short on numbers.  Johnston has said we are about 6/7 players short so will be interesting to see who comes in.

Its only one game so the jury is still out on most of the players.  Although Josh Rae never had any saves of note it was refreshing to see a goalkeeper constantly talking to his defence.  Cooper is obviously short on match fitness but this will come through time.  Once up to speed I think he'll be fine.  Nditi aside from one mistake looked competent enough.  Paton struggled to get in to the game but again I think he will come good.  Junior was my man of the match by some distance, a handful for any defence.  He should get his share of goals once up to speed.

We  now move on to Annan  on Tuesday night where I think the team will do better for having a competitive 90 minutes under their belts.

Pretty pleased again, giving a couple rested or injured in Todd and Cooper. 3 excellent goals probably could’ve sneaked a couple more but Annan would be saying the same for some of theres in second half. Young Dunn looked comfortable at the heart of back 3, East wants to convert himself to a centre half full time. Connelly with two assists, Roy with two cracking finishes. Some looked a bit dead on our feet after 60/65 mins, maybe to be expected giving lack of numbers and minutes some have played at this stage of the season.