The Queen of the South thread

17 minutes ago, lowland star said:

Can anyone answer question on the shirt  sponsor queens we’re wearing against east fife . Only thing I can think is there  are under 17 sponsor and first team tops not ready 

You may be correct but I'm sure new strips aren't normally worn until the first competitive fixture of the season not usually in pre-season friendlies.  

Believe we are signing 2 of the trialists. The left back and the striker. [emoji106]

Heard mixed reports on both. Unproven at this level just adds to what’s already there. Worried for season ahead

1 hour ago, Manwithnoball said:

Have to agree with what I have seen we are going to struggle this season. One week to season starts and we have very few experienced players to help our younger players 

Yes, we're looking seriously short of bodies at the moment, especially in defence.  I believe we really need another six players to complete the squad and ensure cover for injuries and loss of form. 

After the poor start to last season when the team took time to gel and where basically if you could play in defence you were guaranteed to start every match I was hopeful we may have got players in earlier this season to avoid a repeat.  AJ suggested in his final interview of last season that he wanted to get contracts sorted out quickly this summer but for whatever reason that hasn't happened, possibly due to our wage structure or maybe when we are being written off as relegation fodder we just aren't an attractive proposition for out of contract players until they are in last chance saloon.

2 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

Have to agree with what I have seen we are going to struggle this season. One week to season starts and we have very few experienced players to help our younger players 

For clubs like us the league cup is a small step up from pre-season friendlies. Great to do well but no lasting harm if we don't. A month until the really important stuff starts IMHO.

I see Dunfermline have signed Pybus.  It'll be interesting to see if he's like Marmite* with their fans.

(* I don't mean like Marmite as in having the same consistency as sh!te)

3 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

I see Dunfermline have signed Pybus.  It'll be interesting to see if he's like Marmite* with their fans.

(* I don't mean like Marmite as in having the same consistency as sh!te)

I'm not a big Pybus fan.

I'm not bothered that he's moved on but equally would have been OK about him staying with us.

Despite his limitations the guy always gave his all for us so good luck to him. 

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Nice of him to blame AJ for his (Pybus) lack of footballing ability as a parting shot at least. Classy.

Yep,  going by his interview at Dunfermline he doesn't paint Queens in a very good light.  Of course new players have to ingratiate themselves with the fans and say the right things but he should remember the old saying,  be nice to people on the way up as you may meet them again on the way down.