The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Clean sheet. Get him signed 😉

Broadfoot has the experience we need for our young defenders.

Loan signing are again going to be crucial for us centre midfield and defence are weak just now 

On 23/06/2021 at 14:47, 19QOS19 said:

I wonder how the ballet will work. Surely the fairest way would be to put the names of those who missed out on 'Match 1' right in to 'Match 2' without needing to ballet them, just ballet the rest from those who got in to 'Match 1'. Probably fairer than just chucking all the ST holders into a hat on a week by week basis.

Interesting that there are more ST than places though. I didn't think we'd have as many as that tbh.

I think it's called clever marketing. 

I'm a bit late in the day but there's probably not a better set of highlights to watch to get a gauge of Josh Rae than the below. He was very impressive that day. Paton and Nditi seem to be very good signings for you lot as well and both still young enough to go develop further.

Edited by FFC 1876

Any word on any of the trialists from Saturday, apart from Kirk Broadfoot? Just out of curiosity.

The number 11 pictured on either annan or our website looks an absolute unit. Seems to have scored a decent goal as well. I’m gathering ones in second half have been [emoji1005]

51 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

The number 11 pictured on either annan or our website looks an absolute unit. Seems to have scored a decent goal as well. I’m gathering ones in second half have been emoji1005.png

Hes the only one on the unofficial fb page that was referred to when it comes to who impressed. I have to admit I didn't recognise any of the others and it seems noone else does either. Theres another good gallery from the game on the JS Sports and Photography page on fb

I may be well off the mark here but the 2nd half keeper looks like Nicky Hogarth.

ETA looks like Chris Stewart & Aidan Moffat from the reserves may have been in the second half team too.

Edited by Slipmat

Any chance one of the players is x Livingston player Dolly Menga 
think he looks like our number 11 in the pictures  could be completely wrong mind you.
Think he doesn't look as big as Menga. I have no idea who it is though.

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Taylor probably. 

Would be surprised at this. Was highly rated at us. 

Broadfoot mentioned that the guy seemed to not really put in any extra effort and maybe got too comfortable being a “footballer” despite having achieved nothing. 

He also made it seem as though the person had been out of football for a period and has just been handed this opportunity because he knows someone, rather than having earned the chance based on ability. 

5 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

Would be surprised at this. Was highly rated at us. 

Broadfoot mentioned that the guy seemed to not really put in any extra effort and maybe got too comfortable being a “footballer” despite having achieved nothing. 

He also made it seem as though the person had been out of football for a period and has just been handed this opportunity because he knows someone, rather than having earned the chance based on ability. 

Aaron Splaine? AJ had him at Dunfermline. 

1 hour ago, qos1990 said:

Olly McDonald I believe. Don’t know anything else

Ah, that makes much more sense.

Tiny wee midfielder. Was never really going to get a chance for us in the prem and tbh I’d be surprised if he even made it at you (no disrespect meant at all there btw). 

His dad will be the connection that Broadfoot is talking about then. 

Edited by Nadroj

12 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Taylor probably. 

He was on trial at Dunfermline last week. I was surprised at this considering he couldn't get a game when on loan at Stranraer last season, but from what I can gather he didn't show up well at all in a friendly they played....

Edited by C4mmy31