The Queen of the South thread

Have you ever seen Mackay?
Ok, fit guy whose effort can't be questioned, average in the air for a big guy, will put in a tackle but simply can't play. 

Average?

Upgrade on Buchanan confirmed.

9 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Ok, fit guy whose effort can't be questioned, average in the air for a big guy, will put in a tackle but simply can't play. 

We don't need him to be a great player just a good defender and put his body on the line.

12 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

He played basically every game and yous guys finished second with a goal difference of +11. He can’t be Buchanan bad.

Well, its always something of a lottery picking up new players - you just have to hope that AJ/SC have seen something in them and that they might shine with (hopefully) better players around them.

Nditi - whilst very well thought of by most, was nevertheless part of a Forfar defence that secured bottom place in L1.

McKay - as has been said earlier on here, was part of an Airdrie defence that achieved 2nd place in L1

Remember that we took Brownlie from a Cowdenbeath defence that had shipped 10 goals to Hearts in one game!  OK, at first he did look dodgy but then became very solid for us and so much so that the Jags then pinched him from us.

Well, that's a lot to catch up on after a busy evening. My reaction:

East - similar to McGrory and Joseph, young and showed enough to warrant another year. Very much ok with this 

McKay - I'm not sure if he'll be any good, but it's the type of signing I'm good with. Decent performer at a lower level, worth the punt.

Nditi - sounds like a bit of a coup. Hope he lives up to it.

Todd - one of the best players we've have in recent years, so I'm delighted to see him back. Hope he can find the levels he did previously for us.

So a good day, and much like last season, I'm very happy with the approach we are taking.

Congratulations on the signing of Roberto Nditi, he was a great player in the short time we had him at Station Park. Strong, fast, skilled on the field and a lovely friendly guy off it. He was a stand out playing for us in L1 and now we’re in L2 it would have been too much to expect him to stay.  All the best to Roberto 

Were you watching the same Roberto Nditi I did?[emoji23]
Absolutely nowhere near good enough, especially for championship level.

Roberto was a bit of a strange one for me, I was there for his debut in a friendly and I have to say that he didn't  look like he had ever played right back in his life before, 5 foul throws and a general lack of awareness about him

He does have an engine and certainly improved as he settled in but I am surprised he has ended up at this level, good luck to him though.

Fwiw, I didn't actually mind Paul McKay for Airdrie, could always guarantee a lot of running and putting himself about,and when he was moved from midfield to the defence he looked a lot more confident and useful. He's got a decent long throw in if used sparingly and not everytime the balls within 30 yards of the 18yd box. Will you have better performers during a game? Absolutely, but Paul will always just fly under the radar, never setting the heather alight, but he'll be far from the worst performer.

As others have said, if you hear a rumour about "another McKay" (jack) then good luck with that 1 😂

11 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Were you watching the same Roberto Nditi I did?emoji23.png
Absolutely nowhere near good enough, especially for championship level.

He’s strong, mobile, combative, reads the game quite well and passes well, everything I like in a defender. If he’s as poor as your opinion of him why were Hearts genuinely interested?

Do his long throws ever lead to goals? As McCabe showed last season, it is in no way a deal-breaker - merely checking.

Fwiw, I didn't actually mind Paul McKay for Airdrie, could always guarantee a lot of running and putting himself about,and when he was moved from midfield to the defence he looked a lot more confident and useful. He's got a decent long throw in if used sparingly and not everytime the balls within 30 yards of the 18yd box. Will you have better performers during a game? Absolutely, but Paul will always just fly under the radar, never setting the heather alight, but he'll be far from the worst performer.
As others have said, if you hear a rumour about "another McKay" (jack) then good luck with that 1 [emoji23]

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

How did Mebude and Ciaron Dickson do for you last season as I notice Rangers have released them. Dickson came on against us last season in the cup and looked decent, albeit we were already 4-0 down so the game was done.

Would be happy to take Mebude back but Dickson was a disappointment.