The Queen of the South thread

2 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Wtf is going on? QotS admin enjoying a wet Wednesday in a beer garden? 

What's the problem ......... are you Peter Perfect like?

image.jpeg.a7e6fac291e385f9dcdb11556c08e2b1.jpeg

7 minutes ago, ExxyJj said:
  Hide contents

Looks like there'll be a sneaky fourth signing as well, they really shouldn't publish the article until it's been announced...

I had thought Ayr had offered him a deal? That’s a good sign if we’ve managed to sign anyone while competing with another full time team. 

Decent signings on the surface. I quite liked East, unlucky not to be more involved towards the end of the season. Nditi is 20 and sounds a good prospect. Know nothing about McKay and Todd was quality in his last spell with us. Did like the pace on both wings last season though and Todd doesn’t really offer that - wonder if Johnston may be tempted to play him through the middle. 

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Right so who's signed? East? - Meh, McStay? - no idea about him, Nditi? - pleased with that and Todd? - really pleased to see him return.

Think its a decent days work by AJ/Sandy ........ East and Todd should be solid.  Don't know about the lad McKay - might be OK.  Think a few were after Nditi ....... the Jambos for one ....

I posted about Paul McKay a few pages back but I think he could do well for you. Lower end of the Championship is definitely his ceiling IMO but he’s a decent enough and versatile player who should do you a turn. Just avoid his twin brother Jack at all costs. 

1 minute ago, airdrieman said:

I posted about Paul McKay a few pages back but I think he could do well for you. Lower end of the Championship is definitely his ceiling IMO but he’s a decent enough and versatile player who should do you a turn. Just avoid his twin brother Jack at all costs. 

A massive upgrade on Gregor Buchanan nonetheless 😉

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Todd is a weird one as he was saying how much he’d like to stay at Ayr but the deal had stalled. Can only presume you guys came in and hes changed his mind.

Seem to think that he lives locally (Annan?) but not sure - might have been a factor.  No doubt it was the massive salary that swayed his mind though ......... 😏

4 signings in one day? Pass the smelling salts....

I think Todd is from Canonbie so that counts as local. Happy with East, he certainly gives 100%. 

A few quality loan signings and we’ll have a team! 

Congratulations on the signing of Roberto Nditi, he was a great player in the short time we had him at Station Park. Strong, fast, skilled on the field and a lovely friendly guy off it. He was a stand out playing for us in L1 and now we’re in L2 it would have been too much to expect him to stay.  All the best to Roberto 

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
3 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:
Think you're going to be disappointed!

You've not seen Buchanan lately have you?

Have you ever seen Mackay?

Ok, fit guy whose effort can't be questioned, average in the air for a big guy, will put in a tackle but simply can't play.