The Queen of the South thread

3 hours ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

Is he signing for Airdrieonians?

From the bits & bobs I've head, apparently there is a bit of bad blood in the QotS dressing room and infighting. Which seems surprising to me as you have Sandy Clark who's a really likeable bloke. 

Fordyce seems to be leading the charge of convincing him to sign for us.

Looks like it will be happening. And wouldn't be surprised if 1 or 2 more from QotS join us. Made all the more strange by the fact it looks like a couple of our players might be joining you. 

5 hours ago, Tory Boy said:

From the bits & bobs I've head, apparently there is a bit of bad blood in the QotS dressing room and infighting. Which seems surprising to me as you have Sandy Clark who's a really likeable bloke. 

Looks like it will be happening. And wouldn't be surprised if 1 or 2 more from QotS join us. Made all the more strange by the fact it looks like a couple of our players might be joining you. 

I would have liked McCabe to remain at Queens. Interesting to hear the story about the behind the scenes stuff at Palmerston.

Fordyce I liked at Queens. Got to meet him when I arrived at Ibrox for Lyle's Testimonial dinner.

5 hours ago, Tory Boy said:

If indeed there is a bit of bad blood in the dressing room then Johnston is fortunate he's in the position to have a clear out. We've re-signed our POTY from the season just finished plus four or five younger fringe players,   the loanees have gone back to their parent clubs,  Obileye and Shields have moved up to the Premiership with Livingston and Motherwell respectively,  Dobbie unfortunately won't be here but his game time was probably going to be limited,  otherwise there's none of the other out of contract players you would say are irreplaceable or will be badly missed.   If the majority of players are away it's highly likely the ones causing this alleged bad blood are among them, or should be. Johnston will be doing himself no favours if he's signing or re-signing troublesome players who will make his job more difficult. As for Sandy Clark being a likeable bloke,  a few Queens fans may have a different view,  I have had no dealings with him so can't comment. 

19 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Likes to take a throw in ...... 😏

He’ll fit right in then ;) 

15 hours ago, oldhat said:

He's quite good-looking

He’ll fit right in then x2. 

11 hours ago, Tory Boy said:

He’s Fordyce’s cousin isn’t he? Would take McKee from QOS as well. Plus he used to play for Dumbarton so fits right in with our current signing policy. 

1 hour ago, airdrieman said:

He’ll fit right in then ;) 

He’ll fit right in then x2. 

He’s Fordyce’s cousin isn’t he? Would take McKee from QOS as well. Plus he used to play for Dumbarton so fits right in with our current signing policy. 

Yes, Fordyce and McCabe are first cousins. Rhys is also the nephew of former Scotland Womens Manager, Shirley Kerr.

Edited by TERREGLES1919
Typo

Clyde have signed Harry Robinson. Noticed he was on loan at yous for a bit. He any good? 
No idea, he was injured for the most part and then sent packing. Pretty fast apparently.

2 hours ago, Jack Phillips said:

Clyde have signed Harry Robinson. Noticed he was on loan at yous for a bit. He any good? 

He hardly played but when he did he was fairly rotten.  I could be wrong but I have a brief memory he was all left foot but played on the right in a game at Palmerston and he kept running in to traffic and giving the ball away. Might have been a league cup game, anytime he was on the park I was usually shouting at the laptop for him to come off. He then got injured and was never seen again, I saw Motherwell had freed him which was no surprise. 

Edited by Broony88

Agreed. Looked super lightweight too.

He hardly played but when he did he was fairly rotten.  I could be wrong but I have a brief memory he was all left foot but played on the right in a game at Palmerston and he kept running in to traffic and giving the ball away. Might have been a league cup game, anytime he was on the park I was usually shouting at the laptop for him to come off. He then got injured and was never seen again, I saw Motherwell had freed him which was no surprise. 

I can really only remember Robinson coming on as a sub up at Dunfermline,  I thought he looked OK,  played left mid,  had a bit of pace,  tried to take men on.  I can't say he was on long enough to make a great impact through but didn't think he was actually gash. 

We can confirm that pre season friendlies have been arranged at Palmerston v Annan Athletic on Saturday 26th June and v Stranraer on Saturday 3rd July. Unfortunately, with the uncertainty of current restrictions, these friendlies will be closed door events.

from OS