The Queen of the South thread

On 27/05/2021 at 22:44, 19QOS19 said:
On 27/05/2021 at 20:26, TERREGLES1919 said:
Exactly. Who in their right mind, eh?

No one who's anywhere near decent, that's for sure. The only kind of players who'd be willing to sign a 3 year deal with the smallest FT club in the country would be unambitious 16/17 year olds or absolute haddies who couldn't believe their luck. 3 year deals would be an awful approach for a club our size. I'm not even that set on 2 year deals just now given we seem to always get burned when we give one to a player.

I get what you are saying here, I honestly do.  It's just that facing an almost total squad re-build each year just seems to be asking for trouble eventually - AJ/Sandy got away with it last season, can we expect them to repeat that success season after season?  Plus it then took 1/3 of the season to find the right shape and the team to gel and bring in some loans to plug some gaps that were becoming obvious.  Like everything in life I think the solution is never completely binary - often the best approach is somewhere in the middle.  Say a mix of a small core of longer or extended deals plus the fresh recruitment.  Plus it gives the fan base something to hang on to.  How we could achieve that financially, as I've said before, I don't know.

8 minutes ago, Cmac1869 said:

We certainly don’t play like Barcelona but us (Killie) I know we’re watching him at one stage last season. He got injured after new year as far as I was aware. 

Pybus was injured in the live Friday night game at home to Inverness I think it was and missed a few months sidelined before returning before the season's end.

It’s very quiet from us, other teams are signing players, other teams have there season tickets either on sale or the prices have been published and most other clubs have got friendly s organised.

We have nothing just idiots like me scrolling through my phone hoping for something even a rumour would make me a bit happier.

the silence from the club is deafening 😳

15 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Seriously, this same pish every single summer.

It's incredibly tiresome to read.

The same pish every single summer that leads to the same pish every single season.

Now that is incredibly tiresome.