The Queen of the South thread

The budget will be set around what the BoD think they'll get in terms of an average attendance on top of ST sales.  Sadly it still seems there is a large disconnect between the Dumfries public and their local professional team.  If the locals can be enticed back then the budget for players goes up.

Trouble is, that's a bit of a chicken and egg approach.

2021-22 Scottish Championship Clubs

Arbroath

Ayr United

Dunfermline Athletic

Greenock Morton

Hamilton Academical

Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Kilmarnock

Partick Thistle

Queen of the South

Raith Rovers

Edited by TERREGLES1919
Typo

9 hours ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

Arbroath

Ayr United

Dunfermline Athletic

Greenock Morton

Hamilton Academical

Kilmarnock

Partick Thistle

Queen of the South

Raith Rovers

It’s shaping up to be another tough season

Sad to read that former Airdrie,  Queens and Stenhousemuir player Kevin McCann has passed away aged 67 following a battle with cancer. I remember him as an exciting,  skillful winger in a Queens team that had several excellent players at the time.

17 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Sad to read that former Airdrie,  Queens and Stenhousemuir player Kevin McCann has passed away aged 67 following a battle with cancer. I remember him as an exciting,  skillful winger in a Queens team that had several excellent players at the time.

Yes, sad news. Remember Kevin inspiring Queens to a 2-0 cup win over Motherwell at the end of the 70s, think he scored too. Fine player. 

12 hours ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

Arbroath

Ayr United

Dunfermline Athletic

Greenock Morton

Hamilton Academical

Kilmarnock

Partick Thistle

Queen of the South

Raith Rovers

Looks tricky but we'll get more points off Hamilton & Partick than Hearts & Alloa.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Joseph signs a 1 year deal. Showed in glimpses he's ok so hopefully can improve next season.

Happy enough with this.  As you say he showed in glimpses he can make positive contributions,  the problem is doing it consistently.  Apart from Gibson,  he's probably one of the few from last year that I am happy to keep. 

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Is it just me who hates this "tick tock signing o'clock" pish when it's announcing a player from last season returning? emoji38.png

I'm with you. Unless it's Connor Shields (which I know won't happen) I'm not interested. A standard OS article with both of today's extensions would have been sufficient. 

However, I'm quite happy with both of them. I had them both in my keep bracket, both have decent potential.

Guest Flash
20 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Is it just me who hates this "tick tock signing o'clock" pish when it's announcing a player from last season returning? emoji38.png

Should say “tick tock resigning o’clock” imo.

7 minutes ago, Flash said:

Should say “tick tock resigning o’clock” imo.

See how Johnston and Clark do with signings and after a  third of the season has gone then we can maybe bring that one back out. Hopefully not needed though.