The Queen of the South thread

15 hours ago, Benji said:

Everyone commenting onplayers falling out with AJ/not getting on with him, can you confirm the source? 

Same with budgets. Please confirm the source.

That gets you banned. If players wanted to play for him and he wanted them to stay they would have re-sign.

Edited by Manwithnoball

1 hour ago, jakeyman said:

Kieran McKechnie resigns until January 2022 

14 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

That gets you banned. If players wanted to play for him and he wanted them to stay they would have resigned. 

How fucking hard is it to put a hyphen in "re-sign"  if you mean they have signed on again and not resigned from the Club? 

And who knows which players Johnston has actually approached or is keen to re-sign. It may not always be the case  that it's the player's decision not to re-sign. 

10 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

That gets you banned. If players wanted to play for him and he wanted them to stay they would have re-sign.

Banned? Who the Fcuk are you? 2 posts. 

Unless they prefer a deal elsewhere. Different terms, money, length of deal, location. 

I'm not buying into this talk of the manager being such a disagreeable character that players would be queuing up to leave the club because of him, and I feel this is borne out by the number of players AJ has signed more than once during his managerial career - Kidd, Paton, Gibson, Holt etc.  No doubt there are personality clashes, but if that was the be all and end all how many players would have turned down Man U in the Alex Ferguson years, or Souness's Rangers?

A couple of years ago I had the pleasure of meeting Barney Davidson and had a long chat with him about his time at Queens, and he told me that of the 7 or 8 managers (if you include Willie Harkness) he played under only one was "a right b*****d" (his words!), and that was Billy McLaren who allegedly went out of his way to bully and humiliate players, especially youth/younger players, to such an extent that they were desperate to leave the club or even give up the game altogether.  The rest (who I think off the top of my head would have been Nobby Clark, Drew Busby, Mike Jackson, Ally McLeod, Frank McGarvey, Davie Wilson, Derek Frye and the aforementioned Harkness) he believed were all decent man managers.

Since then we've heard all about the well-documented issues that players had with Kenny Brannigan (prime example being David Weatherston), and I have heard from a couple of people connected to clubs other than Queens that Rowan Alexander could be a right c**t in his treatment of youth players, but from the outside looking in AJ doesn't strike me as being of the same type of character as either of those two or McLaren.

5 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Any talk of what's happening with Jones in the summer? Looks the sort that could step up?

He’s a Middlesbrough player and signed a new deal with them before coming to Queens on loan.

He could undoubtedly play at a higher level than Scottish championship 

Edited by Dougie Mills

Any talk of what's happening with Jones in the summer? Looks the sort that could step up?
He's still on the books at Boro. Not sure he's quite ready yet so another loan might be likely. Would love him back here but Warnock might want him out at a higher level next season. When he's on form he could easily play in our top flight.

28 minutes ago, jakeyman said:

Re-signs. Apologies for such an error. What was I thinking. A basic error that seems life changing to some. 

Brilliant. Not allowed to have your own opinion. I heard there was a local player on £300 a week before any win bonuses. That's all I was saying. Source horse's mouth. Gibson resigning was a given but were are all the other players, we have only announced youth players

Re-signs. Apologies for such an error. What was I thinking. A basic error that seems life changing to some. 
Given they mean completely different things combined with the fact both will be used regularly in regards to football, it's the one spelling mistake that gets rightly heckled.
Brilliant. Not allowed to have your own opinion. I heard there was a local player on £300 a week before any win bonuses. That's all I was saying. Source horse's mouth. Gibson resigning was a given but were are all the other players, we have only announced youth players

Being unable to spell "re-sign" correctly isn't an opinion [emoji38]

For the record though you're wrong about Gibson, he decided to stay for one more year...

56 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

Who? 

Gibson didn't resign. He signed a new contract.