The Queen of the South thread

3 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

What cash would that be ?

Pandemic, what pandemic ?   Loss of income, what loss of income ?

Survival is the name of the game primarily as a Club and business.

Yes,  it's probably going to be another season scrambling about the bottom end if the Championship relying on good quality loans to keep us above the drop zone.  I can accept that if the alternative is pumping in money that we can't really afford.  The BOD will be trying all they can simply to keep us full time,   but even if we have to go part-time,  or a hybrid,  it'll be better than the alternative of no club or rattling collection buckets trying to find cash to throw into a bottomless pit. 

The BoD stated in the last accounts their aim is always for us to be promoted, a tough ask but that's what they want to do without breaking the bank.  Only 2 ways of that happening if you ask me, either they fund it themselves (unlikely and not sustainable), or the good people of Dumfries and surrounding area get out and watch them, increased ST and matchday income (unlikely as it's been donkey's years since we've had large crowds).

I see the attempts that are made to engage with the local community, but is there more that could be done?

Last season was the model we should always look to follow. Signing a mix of new players from down south, young promising loanees and some experienced heads who know the league well. It would be nice if our own youth system could blood through a few young players too. Last season was a lost generation in some ways as there was no youth/reserve footy so they couldn't really kick on as usual. Johnston did a decent job on a low budget. 

Am I annoying you already?
Wasn't the reason you were banned in the first place because you carried on like this? Why don't you just multi-quote? And if you don't know how to do it, just ask someone?

I think quite possibly. One tweak would be signing guys on longer deals for sell on etc but that aside, tough to disagree.

Last season was the model we should always look to follow. Signing a mix of new players from down south, young promising loanees and some experienced heads who know the league well. It would be nice if our own youth system could blood through a few young players too. Last season was a lost generation in some ways as there was no youth/reserve footy so they couldn't really kick on as usual. Johnston did a decent job on a low budget. 

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
10 hours ago, TERREGLES1919 said:
Am I annoying you already?

Wasn't the reason you were banned in the first place because you carried on like this? Why don't you just multi-quote? And if you don't know how to do it, just ask someone?

4 hours ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

I think quite possibly. One tweak would be signing guys on longer deals for sell on etc but that aside, tough to disagree.

Think I've sussed it out.

Queens should be able to give the young players a chance next season that have come thru the youth system instead of loaning them out to the Lowland League or sitting on or off the subs bench.

Edited by TERREGLES1919
Typo

Queens should be able to give the young players a chance next season that have come thru the youth system instead of loaning them out to the Lowland League or sitting on or off the subs bench.
There is not a single young player that has been on the bench this season or last that is good enough for Championship.

We have had a good 10 or so years of being able to use players in the first team, but the well has certainly dried up a bit.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I wonder if AJ will be in touch with Durnan now he's leaving Falkirk. I doubt many bigger clubs will be sniffing around him given he's on a downward trajectory.

You'd better hope he's lost his number! An absolute fucking shambles of a player.

You'd better hope he's lost his number! An absolute fucking shambles of a player.
I hope not. 
Aye I can't say I'd be over the moon with it. He undoubtedly had his best spell with us but he seems to have been pretty shit elsewhere. Some players fit at clubs and he could be a returning player that finds his previous form but I think it's more likely he'd continue to flop.

I won't be surprised to see him return though.

23 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I wonder if AJ will be in touch with Durnan now he's leaving Falkirk. I doubt many bigger clubs will be sniffing around him given he's on a downward trajectory.

We have to be his last full time team,