The Queen of the South thread

Just now, MallanandFlanagan said:
29 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic said:

Please let him come back to Queens. If he has another season to play it has to be with us.

I think he's made it quite clear that he feels he'll have limited game time at Queens so he's looking elsewhere.  Under the Manager's preferred set-up he's probably correct. 

As for the Wullie Gibson debate,  could it be he was looking to step up into a more involved role off-field with the 1st Team and the Manager getting a 2 year deal has maybe scuppered that,   if all the existing coaches are also being kept on. Pure speculation on my part. 

11 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

As with every other summer, the club will announce when contracts are signed. We never announce players leaving at the end of their deals.

Just what I was thinking.  We know that every player. is out of contract,  we know that Dobbie and Obileye definitely won't be re-signing,  the Manager was in conversation with the rest of his squad over the past few days, (according to his comments in the press)  presumably to offer deals to those he wanted to stay or to tell others they won't be offered deals. Until all that is sorted out there not much the Club can officially report on. Obviously if players or others ITK take to social media to talk about their intentions there's not a lot the Club can do about it. 

I think he's made it quite clear that he feels he'll have limited game time at Queens so he's looking elsewhere.  Under the Manager's preferred set-up he's probably correct. 
As for the Wullie Gibson debate,  could it be he was looking to step up into a more involved role off-field with the 1st Team and the Manager getting a 2 year deal has maybe scuppered that,   if all the existing coaches are also being kept on. Pure speculation on my part. 
Yes I understand what you are saying. Just having trouble accepting it. [emoji3064]

5 hours ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Came here to ask the same. Or do we just by twitter and players saying bye. Some club comms would be nice.

It’s not something we ever do. I see Falkirk and Ayr giving updates today. 

5E5A136D-4EA7-467A-B2D8-6910BB263E01.jpeg

379CC4C5-28D0-4F14-A4EB-5F60B6FF2C1F.jpeg

19 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

It’s not something we ever do. I see Falkirk and Ayr giving updates today. 

5E5A136D-4EA7-467A-B2D8-6910BB263E01.jpeg

379CC4C5-28D0-4F14-A4EB-5F60B6FF2C1F.jpeg

The majority of clubs release a list of who is leaving and who had been offered a new contract .Queens seem to keep all that a secret.

We find out on players social media what they are doing rather than from the club .

55 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

The majority of clubs release a list of who is leaving and who had been offered a new contract .Queens seem to keep all that a secret.

We find out on players social media what they are doing rather than from the club .

It was stated that everyone was out of contract.   Seems quite clear to me.

40 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

How do you put a poster on ignore in the mobile view?

Click the menu option in top right of the screen, select account and then type the users name into the ignored users panel.

On 08/05/2021 at 12:50, Steeplechat said:

That’s him. Formerly known and banned as RUSTY1111

I just wondered if there was the possibility of a wind-up in his post

12 hours ago, Dougie Mills said:

Click the menu option in top right of the screen, select account and then type the users name into the ignored users panel.

Cheers, that's me just put someone on ignore for the first time. After putting in the username I had to click on "change ignore settings" and select "posts", but apart from that it was very easy to do.

Edited by Margaret Thatcher