The Queen of the South thread

Would love to see him back. Think he's quite a bit away from becoming a regular at Ibrox so hopefully we're in with a shout given we played him so much. Though from a Rangers point of view they might want him to play at a higher level next season. I'm sure AJ will have been in touch anyway. Here's hoping.

Definitely a couple of the loanees who I’d like to see again next season. If Breen is a free agent hopefully we make a move for him again.

26 minutes ago, sidofthesouth said:

I think Breen would be a decent signing for us if he’s available. I think Mark Durnan has come to the end of his Falkirk contract, so might be a decent central defensive partner for Breen.

Breen going to Orange County in America Rangers partner club. All agreed. Mebude is only one out of contract from loan players we had from them.

Breen going to Orange County in America Rangers partner club. All agreed. Mebude is only one out of contract from loan players we had from them.

Is his American dream still on ? There was talk it might of fell through.
Breen really impressed me. The more he played the better he became.

On 04/05/2021 at 08:47, QOSQOS said:

Where is the best summary of QOS player stats this season? I like to see the number of games played, by competition, goals, minutes played, reds/yellows. 
Also, what happened to McGrory, I thought he had a decent spell in the middle of the season, then he dropped off the radar? Did I miss an injury? 
I  was looking back over the season and I only missed 3 games, I saw far more games than I would in a ‘normal’ season. Not sure what it did to my mental health....

I like Wiki as it has everything I want to see, and doesn't make my eyes bleed, but if you really want to know about minutes played and cards, it's all here -

https://us.soccerway.com/teams/scotland/queen-of-the-south-fc/1915/

1 hour ago, Steeplechat said:

Is his American dream still on ? There was talk it might of fell through.
Breen really impressed me. The more he played the better he became.

Yip 100%. Me too thought he could develop into a good centre half with a good partner. 

I liked Breen but I think he'll be one of those players a few years down the line that I'll forget played with us. That's not to criticise him in any way as he went about his business quietly and pretty effectively. That he made Buchanan look slightly less shit after coming in was a massive achievement in itself.

First signing for Queens should be a defensive Coach. I'm not convinced, going by the defensive performances of the team for the last two seasons, that Johnson and Clark have the ability to organise a defence, both being ex forwards.

1 minute ago, Steeplechat said:

His formed dipped after interest was shown from clubs like yourself. Popular big guy and I wish him well.....

Hopefully he comes in and does well, I imagine he's our successor for Bartley and a fill in at CB. Bartley will need rest games this season so he'll get time to shine. We're also missing big physical crunching tackle type players this season so hopefully he can come fill that role

Edited by ATLIS

Can't say I recall Obileye doing many crunching,  ball winning tackles,  I think he tries to read the game and intercept passes before it gets to the crunching tackle stage,  either that or opponents shit it when they see him coming,  he's a big unit,  not as mobile as Bartley I think. 

3 minutes ago, DeeGeeOneHamer said:

May have missed it earlier, how many have we got signed on for next season or is it another Total Rebuild, the sequal?

A total of zero signed from this season's 1st team squad to date. 

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Hopefully he comes in and does well, I imagine he's our successor for Bartley and a fill in at CB. Bartley will need rest games this season so he'll get time to shine. We're also missing big physical crunching tackle type players this season so hopefully he can come fill that role

He doesn't do crunching tackles.

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

A total of zero signed from this season's 1st team squad to date. 

So it's a total rebuild job, again.  I am hoping, not sure with what basis, that having AJ and Clark pinned down for 12 months will demonstrate some stability and perhaps make Palmerston park an attractive prospect for next season.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Don't expect crunching tackles he is pretty timid in the challenge considering his size. 

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Apparently we're set to announce Obileye in the next 72hrs. How do you think he'll handle the step up?

He was one of our better players this season, but I'm really not convinced that he's anything more than a decent championship player. Wish him all the best, and sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I'm not sure he'll be anything more than a bit part player for you.