The Queen of the South thread

100% agree that this will be the kind of send off he certainly doesn’t deserve. Honestly, I can’t see Partick, as they would be playing Queens four times unless they really shit the bed, Falkirk style. Perhaps something interesting like Alloa, with a coaching role, or Queens Park?
A truly magnificent player and magnificent representative for the club.
I can't see him doing coaching PT up here tbh. He stills stays down the road and it appears he's settled there as he's stayed there all throughout his return here.

If he moves to another club up here it surely has to be Thistle.

11 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I can't see him doing coaching PT up here tbh. He stills stays down the road and it appears he's settled there as he's stayed there all throughout his return here.

If he moves to another club up here it surely has to be Thistle.

I don't know the contract situation with Brian Graham at Partick Thistle but if he is still there next season and Dobbie does go there it could prove to be a lethal partnership. 

2 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Rosefield Salvage is next seasons shirt sponsor 

Ominous! 

Seriously,  well done to the Commercial Department for securing the entries for the draw and to all the people/ businesses that entered in what must be uncertain financial times. Let's hope that circumstances improve regards crowds attending to give this season's sponsor decent exposure which last season's sponsor sadly wasn't able to get. 

It has all been said by others but I just wanted to add my own appreciation of Stephen Dobbie, the man and player. We will never see a player of his calibre playing for Queens again. He is also a top man. I vividly remember having a brief chat with him when he was playing for Swansea. At the time, I was living on Wirral and Swansea had a cup match at Prenton Park in 2010. The likes of Dobbie and Scott Sinclair played that night, with both coming off the bench. I sat with the Swansea fans and heard many of them say complimentary things about Stephen Dobbie. It is not only us that appreciates him and his talent. As the players were doing their pre-match warm up, I gestured to Dobbie who came towards me. I informed him I was a Queens supporter and he was a legend. He gave me the biggest smile said he loved the club and went on to stroll through the game when he was introduced in the second half. I have many happy memories of him in a Queens shirt, watching his sublime skills in action as well as his exquisite finishing. There are too many highlights to choose from but every goal he scored was special. I feel so grateful and privileged to have witnessed such a talented player play for my club. Thank you, Stephen.

Edited by MB

So now the season is finished who do we think that AJ will keep from this year's squad if any. Everyone out of contract I think Dobbie definitely leaving. All loan players going back to their club. Another rebuild on the cards for club. Lots of players across UK out of contract.

4 hours ago, Brother Grimm said:

Keep

Ferguson
Gibson
Shields
East
McCrory
McCabe

Maybe

Ayo

Then from the loans, hopefully got a chance of getting Breen and Mabude if they are out of contract.

Would like Maxwell back on loan.

Not counting loan players at present,  and assuming Obileye and Shields are definitely off elsewhere,  the only ones I'd keep would be Gibson, def POTY candidate,  and Fergusson,  nothing special but an adequate keeper at our level,  the rest I hope never to see in a Queens strip ever again. Unfortunately the market we are trading in means that some will probably be offered new deals and the fact that few other clubs are stupid enough to take them on probably means one or two will rock back up here next season. As for the players we had on loan,  if they were offered to us again,  Maxwell,  Breen,  Jones,  definitely a yes to them,  Mbude,  yes but not too fussed if it didn't happen,  Dickson,  no,  and Fitzpatrick,  please Nooooo, on loan from the Canaries with the heart of a canary. 

If we assume Shields & Obileye are away and all the loanees have gone, then:
Keep
Ferguson
Gibson
Buchanan
Joseph
McKee
Pybus
East
McGrory

Think McCabe has been ok, but I prefer McKee as the playmaker type and would only keep one of them.
Havent seen enough of McKechnie, so would let him go.
Big Goss needs to go out on loan if he stays.
Buchanan can stay as centre back cover if we sign 2 first pick central defenders.
Would like to see big Holty back.

15 minutes ago, sidofthesouth said:

If we assume Shields & Obileye are away and all the loanees have gone, then:
Keep
Ferguson
Gibson
Buchanan
Joseph
McKee
Pybus
East
McGrory

Think McCabe has been ok, but I prefer McKee as the playmaker type and would only keep one of them.
Havent seen enough of McKechnie, so would let him go.
Big Goss needs to go out on loan if he stays.
Buchanan can stay as centre back cover if we sign 2 first pick central defenders.
Would like to see big Holty back.

So,  basically keep the same lot and rely on good loans coming in to carry us again.  I wonder how that will go if the loans don't work out.  

So,  basically keep the same lot and rely on good loans coming in to carry us again.  I wonder how that will go if the loans don't work out.  

I think if we’re running with a 20-man squad i wouldn’t want to be signing 17/18 new players again and trying to gel them for the first quarter of the season. I think keeping 7/8 of this seasons squad at least gives some continuity and also plenty of scope to add quality.
Gibson, Pybus & Ferguson would be definites. I think we also saw enough from East, McGrory & Joseph to suggest they are young players who can get better. Nortey also looked a decent player when he wasnt injured.
Buchanan was better with Breen beside him and, given there seems to be a dearth of decent centre backs, wouldnt be against keeping him in the squad for cover.
I realise he is a bit of a “marmite” player, but i like McKee - think he is the best passer in the squad and could be good in the right midfield combination.
That would leave us with 9/10 new signings or loans to add to the squad.

On 30/04/2021 at 20:59, 8MileBU said:

Absolutely fantastic to see. Dobbie was a player I always respected and liked to see do well (except when he scored against us!) Seems like hes been around forever and the last year or so he seems to have lost his golden touch but what a player he has been for Queens. Also gave me one of the funniest moments when watching Ayr's shitfest of a season - the infamous Dobbies got a wee boabbie chant as he prepared to take a pen at Somerset in Oct😂

Edited by Thereisalight..