The Queen of the South thread

Well done lads. Incredible performance worked very hard everyone. Eat my words Dobbie looked sharp. Thought McCabe, Shields and  Gibson were excellent. Look upwards now. Well done to everyone. I don't mind saying when I seen the team I was scared  but fair play it worked.

Edited by stevie72

On 23/03/2021 at 22:33, 19QOS19 said:

I would swap playing Hearts on Saturday for any other week tbh. Probably the worst possible result for us tonight.

Hilarious though.

I found someone who posts rubbish like me .

Why would you not want to play Hearts after a Scots Cup defeat .

Have to say I thought the same  but proved wrong again brilliant win for Queens never seen that coming very happy man tonight 

7 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Obileye then? Sounds like he has the potential to be class for us

Absolutely dreadful, wouldn’t handle the step up. He should be happy just  to play at this level, probably should sign a 4 year deal here. 

2 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

Absolutely dreadful, wouldn’t handle the step up. He should be happy just  to play at this level, probably should sign a 4 year deal here. 

My only wish is that we could give you a sell on % and keep the Livi QotS love in going

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

My only wish is that we could give you a sell on % and keep the Livi QotS love in going

No "love" from my direction flowing your way ATLIS I'm afraid to say.  I get why the likes of Dykes and Obileye will want to sign for Livi - chance to test themselves in the top league, more dosh cos Livi can pay more by dint of being in the top league, greater exposure and chance of a big move ultimately etc.  However, for me its just frustration and I'm always going to be left thinking ....... why the hell can't QOS be where Livi (or the likes of Hamilton or County) are, we're certainly not a smaller club in potential terms.  So enjoy rubbing it in while it lasts.

15 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

No "love" from my direction flowing your way ATLIS I'm afraid to say.  I get why the likes of Dykes and Obileye will want to sign for Livi - chance to test themselves in the top league, more dosh cos Livi can pay more by dint of being in the top league, greater exposure and chance of a big move ultimately etc.  However, for me its just frustration and I'm always going to be left thinking ....... why the hell can't QOS be where Livi (or the likes of Hamilton or County) are, we're certainly not a smaller club in potential terms.  So enjoy rubbing it in while it lasts.

I wasn't meaning it in any terms of rubbing it in to be fair. Just for mutually beneficial situations for both clubs, Dykes netting you about 200k is cracking money - worth noting that I think Livi are making particular strides to getting on the good side of certain clubs (QotS, Partick, Falkirk etc) so that when it comes to pre-contract and January purchases we can offset it with loans. We've done it with Hamilton going to you in the past I think? Maybe a case of getting someone in the door and putting a word in their ear about Livi

A lot of speculation about Ayo but this is a man that I hope we’re going all out to re sign. 
B90BFA89-1376-4584-BBE9-93703A5CDA57.jpeg.b455e608f9dd31f2de436f386268b468.jpeg

I think the club will be doing everything they can, for all players. But certainly there will be interest for both Ayo and Shields from bigger clubs than us.

A lot of speculation about Ayo but this is a man that I hope we’re going all out to re sign. 
B90BFA89-1376-4584-BBE9-93703A5CDA57.jpeg.b455e608f9dd31f2de436f386268b468.jpeg
He's only going to re-sign for us if no other offers come in for him. I expect our highest offer for him wouldn't come close to bigger clubs' lowest offers so he won't be taking any offer from us before he knows his options.

It's the nature of the beast unfortunately and until we have major investment it won't change.

It makes it all the more special that we got to see Dobbie on two separate occasions as well.

11 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I wasn't meaning it in any terms of rubbing it in to be fair. Just for mutually beneficial situations for both clubs, Dykes netting you about 200k is cracking money - worth noting that I think Livi are making particular strides to getting on the good side of certain clubs (QotS, Partick, Falkirk etc) so that when it comes to pre-contract and January purchases we can offset it with loans. We've done it with Hamilton going to you in the past I think? Maybe a case of getting someone in the door and putting a word in their ear about Livi

The funny thing is I was’t a great fan for the first few matches. Thought he was slow, clumsy, and didnt give 100%. I was wrong again. He’s passionate, composed and has great intuition. I would rather he goes to Livingston than another Premiership club/English club though ideally stay with us.

12 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Sorry for being churlish last night, you picked the wrong timing ......... there was me enjoying a very infrequent moment of joy following a good result and in pops someone to say they're about to pinch another of our best players and burst my wee temporary bubble of happiness.

I get that clubs like Queens will always eventually lose their best talent to bigger clubs - that's the nature of the professional game and of course you can't blame the players who naturally want to better themselves and find out how high they can go.  But I get so frustrated when we lose players to the likes of Livi who (as I said earlier) aren't really a huge step up from QOS - don't mind it so much if we lose them to one of the recognisably bigger Scottish sides or to the EPL/Championship.  I guess its more our own fault to be fair in that the club insists in operating in a financially prudent manner, hence why we don't offer long contracts and hence why we will lose our best talent at the end of each season, hence we can never have any continuity and can never build on any success.  As I said, just really frustrating.

As you say ATLIS, it is good though that Livi are willing to work with clubs like QOS to ensure that we also get some return on future sales (eg Dykes).

1 minute ago, JessieField said:

I wonder if Johnston and Clark will want to stay if the have to rebuild another entire team at the end of this season? 

I can't see many other Clubs lining up to take them on,  not at a similar or high level anyway, Not many Clubs offer long term deals so they'd probably have to build a squad anyway. Hopefully they will not be hampered by furlough this time and can set about their business getting players signed up earlier. I also think we might offer some of the existing players new deals so maybe not have as big a clear-out as last time. Obviously the likes of Shields and Obileye will probably be offered better deals elsewhere but otherwise it maybe not be the massive rebuild we had before this season. 

I would think that Obileye, Shields and probably Pybus are all away. All of our loan players as well, obviously. The rest of whats left of the squad you would think would be open to re-signing if offered.
Its an interesting time in lower league football with the new West of Scotland league up & running next year, as well as ambitious clubs in the Lowland League like Kelty & EK. Probably some decent money to be had for players & managers willing to take a step down the leagues.