The Queen of the South thread

19 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
On 21/03/2021 at 21:13, Slipmat said:
Fair enough he picked the team I would have gone with yesterday, but it was clear early on that our midfielders were being pressed quickly and crowded out by Morton's 5 man midfield and as such we resorted to hoofball.  Our good run has been based on playing one particular style against sides set up in a 4-4-2.  When we came up against something different yesterday we looked totally devoid of ideas and AJ was slow to adapt. 
If Dapo has played his last game I'd like to see Dobbie given a start against Hearts.  I'd also like to see what Dickson and McKechnie could bring to the team but those two guys seem to have been somewhat frozen out which is odd considering the amount of gametime the ineffective Fitzpatrick gets.
ETA - never thought I'd say this, but we've really missed Pybus in the last couple of games.

We could do with Pybus being back now Dapo will likely be gone but we never appeared to miss him the 4 games before that.

^^^ not sure if serious

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
On 21/03/2021 at 21:13, Slipmat said:
Fair enough he picked the team I would have gone with yesterday, but it was clear early on that our midfielders were being pressed quickly and crowded out by Morton's 5 man midfield and as such we resorted to hoofball.  Our good run has been based on playing one particular style against sides set up in a 4-4-2.  When we came up against something different yesterday we looked totally devoid of ideas and AJ was slow to adapt. 
If Dapo has played his last game I'd like to see Dobbie given a start against Hearts.  I'd also like to see what Dickson and McKechnie could bring to the team but those two guys seem to have been somewhat frozen out which is odd considering the amount of gametime the ineffective Fitzpatrick gets.
ETA - never thought I'd say this, but we've really missed Pybus in the last couple of games.

We could do with Pybus being back now Dapo will likely be gone but we never appeared to miss him the 4 games before that.

Seriously!!! 

28 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Failing to see the issue here tbh.

Given your weird obsession with Pybus, I guess not.

28 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

It’s not really that controversial a statement is it? Jones being missing is a far bigger issue than Pybus in the last couple of games.

The two arent mutually exclusive, we've missed both players. Dismissing the contribution of Pybus to our good run should be considered a controversial statement.

The two arent mutually exclusive, we've missed both players. Dismissing the contribution of Pybus to our good run should be considered a controversial statement.
I'd say those who think he's anything other than average are ones with a weird obsession tbh. I said we could do with him back now given our personnel (or lack of). I haven't mentioned him for weeks. That we haven't missed him during our best spell of the season isn't remotely controversial IMO, it's a simple fact. You can replace "Pybus" with "Dobbie" and the fact remains the same. Just incase you think I'm using it as a stick to specifically beat Pybus with ;)

51 minutes ago, Mr X said:

With a fit Jones and Mebude available I don’t think Pybus gets in the team to be honest.

12 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

With a fit Jones and Mebude available I don’t think Pybus gets in the team to be honest.

I totally agree that both Jones and Mebude would and should be automatic picks if available.   But it's not Mebude or Jones who have been deployed in Pybus's role since his injury.  Nortey was shaping up to be a decent replacement for Pybus, but since Nortey and Pybus have both been out neither McCabe nor McGrory have been nearly as effective in the advanced CM position.

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Pybus was missing from the most impressive part of our run. Jones is a much much much bigger miss. Performances say we didn't miss Pybus at all, until we lost Jones.

I dont think theres really much in it, beating Raith, Ayr, Queens Park, Morton and drawing with Arbroath isnt much different to beating ICT, Dundee, Dunfermline and Arbroath.

In amongst that we lost to Alloa with Pybus playing a different role but with Jones in the team.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'd say those who think he's anything other than average are ones with a weird obsession tbh. I said we could do with him back now given our personnel (or lack of). I haven't mentioned him for weeks. That we haven't missed him during our best spell of the season isn't remotely controversial IMO, it's a simple fact. You can replace "Pybus" with "Dobbie" and the fact remains the same. Just incase you think I'm using it as a stick to specifically beat Pybus with ;)

Why change? ;) 

33 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

I'd be surprised if a fit Pybus wasnt in the team

16 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

I totally agree that both Jones and Mebude would and should be automatic picks if available.   But it's not Mebude or Jones who have been deployed in Pybus's role since his injury.  Nortey was shaping up to be a decent replacement for Pybus, but since Nortey and Pybus have both been out neither McCabe nor McGrory have been nearly as effective in the advanced CM position.

This. We've been lucky that Obileye has moved into midfield and strengthened it but Pybus is the best option for the advanced role

Well that’s Hearts knocked out the Scottish Cup by Highland League side Brora Rangers. Got to feel this is a great time to get some kind of result on Saturday and hopefully Robbie Neilson will still be in charge. 

Well that’s Hearts knocked out the Scottish Cup by Highland League side Brora Rangers. Got to feel this is a great time to get some kind of result on Saturday and hopefully Robbie Neilson will still be in charge. 
I would swap playing Hearts on Saturday for any other week tbh. Probably the worst possible result for us tonight.

Hilarious though.

4 minutes ago, oldhat said:

That's excellent news.  Although every game he can play now is another he can't later on, I assume.

Yes but good to have just now with Jones and others still recovering from injuries. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Obileye in pre-contract talks with Livingston according to today's papers.  It was always going to be a long shot for us to tempt him to stay beyond this season,  it'll probably be another big rebuild job going into next season. 

On 23/03/2021 at 21:52, ALOREBURNE said:

Not many were confident but today was definitely the best time to play them. We made it difficult but we’ve just beat hearts for the first time since 1963. Have a good Saturday night Doonhamers 💙

7 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Obileye in pre-contract talks with Livingston according to today's papers.  It was always going to be a long shot for us to tempt him to stay beyond this season,  it'll probably be another big rebuild job going into next season. 

Pish news that .....