The Queen of the South thread

16 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Strange one for me. That takes our tally of CM to 9 (if you include Ayo, which I am given he's been playing there during our most successful period). Is someone on their way out or is someone's injury a season ender? It says he can play wide as well (not sure how reliable that is though) so I'm just wondering/expecting Dapo to be on the end of a lengthy ban and they've given us a player in exchange.

We'll be getting called The Rangers Reserves soon. I despise the club but I'm glad we seem to have a good relationship with them in regards to us receiving their youngsters, I have to admit.

Don't care what we get called if we win games of football that is all I am bothered about .

We will hopefully build on this relationship with Rangers they send us good young players we develop them.

We have a few injuries in centre midfield Dickson will hopefully be good cover for what we have just now 

Don't care what we get called if we win games of football that is all I am bothered about .
We will hopefully build on this relationship with Rangers they send us good young players we develop them.
We have a few injuries in centre midfield Dickson will hopefully be good cover for what we have just now 
You seem happier when we lose tbh.

20 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Trying to vote them back into the second tier finally coming up trumps. 

Yep,  we certainly played the long game there. All these rangers loanees has probably added a few hundred buying streams from the local Loyals.

I think it's good that a well established team like Queens can take young players from the newest senior team in Scotland and develop them.  

21 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Yep,  we certainly played the long game there. All these rangers loanees has probably added a few hundred buying streams from the local Loyals.

I’d be surprised if many of them could name any of the boys we have on loan let alone purchase the streams!

On 28/02/2021 at 22:08, MallanandFlanagan said:
On 28/02/2021 at 11:37, Monkey Tennis said:
Despite my natural pessimism and wish to dampen the enthusiasm of others, I've already envisioned Dobbie emerging from the bench late in the second leg of the playoff final at a packed Rugby Park to fire us into the top flight in his last ever appearance.
That's why I constantly need to rein in the good vibes.

Would absolutely love that!!

So would I. Queens to win the play off. Then sit back as the Thistle twitter trolls claim the SPFL relegating us cost us a place in the Premier League owtficn. heads everywhere.

Edited by thisal

3 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

0B8DF0DA-8D1B-4728-9282-5ED48B2CA9EE.jpeg

Starting to think the admins were a bit quick in banning Messi Scott. I’m sure he would have a very fair and balanced opinion on our current  squad and form. 

Edited by Broony88

I thought he had been signed as a squad player for cover and was happy enough with that.
However what he has done is magnificent superb performances and very consistent and my player of the year by quite a distance well done Willie a credit to himself and the club.

1 minute ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Delighted with that result today especially when 2 nil down but the injury to Jones is very annoying. Hope it’s not a bad one. Shields back though, love to see it. 

It's another Pybus type hamstring injury but looked really bad/painful.  If we see him take the field for Queens again this season we'll be lucky I'd think.  Such a shame.

19 minutes ago, Mr X said:

That win, along with the other results, means that only Dundee can go above us by winning their games in hand.

Yes, the look of our position in the table seems less 'artificial' each week.

Still not clear of trouble, but a lot of sides would need to come past us now as the games start to run out.