The Queen of the South thread

9 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

There are many people on this site who forget the amount of criticism shown to Rooney when he left QoS

he has went on and proved the critics wrong

He’s done well since he left and fair play to him for that.  He still wasn’t great for us though.

22 minutes ago, gogs said:
55 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:
All credit to the guy. He was awful for us.

Very harsh certainly wouldn't say he was awful thought he was decent but certainly wasn't gutted when he left was disappointed tho.

All about opinions I guess. From my point of view he couldn't do the very basics of defending.  He's certainly flourished as a marauding wing back at a higher level so all credit to him.

Clearly a whole sequence of managers at various clubs have seen some potential. It's taken a while to come through though.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Despite my natural pessimism and wish to dampen the enthusiasm of others, I've already envisioned Dobbie emerging from the bench late in the second leg of the playoff final at a packed Rugby Park to fire us into the top flight in his last ever appearance.
That's why I constantly need to rein in the good vibes.
Would absolutely love that!!

Despite my natural pessimism and wish to dampen the enthusiasm of others, I've already envisioned Dobbie emerging from the bench late in the second leg of the playoff final at a packed Rugby Park to fire us into the top flight in his last ever appearance.
That's why I constantly need to rein in the good vibes.

Magnificent. [emoji106][emoji23][emoji15]

Rubbish!
He wasn't that bad but he certainly wasn't anything special. His forward runs were exciting but as a defender he was well below par. I reckon it would have been over 90% of our fanbase in favour of keeping Mercer over him at the time.

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
6 hours ago, JessieField said:
Rubbish!

He wasn't that bad but he certainly wasn't anything special. His forward runs were exciting but as a defender he was well below par. I reckon it would have been over 90% of our fanbase in favour of keeping Mercer over him at the time.

Even the forward runs tended to culminate in him 'waking up' deep into the opposition's half, In a state of abject panic.