The Queen of the South thread

Just pop this up given my history on the subject:-

The last 3 games we've faced 28 corners and conceded 0 goals. Looking in to how many we conceded the last couple seasons that really is an incredible achievement. And if you add in the fact that Charlie Adam was taking a fair chunk of those with his deliveries it really deserves praise. We conceded from a cross today so it's obviously not an area we've solved but that's a massive improvement from the defensive side of our game. Long may it continue :)

Another brilliant win to get 7 points out of 9 from Hearts Inverness and Dundee  with key players missing all 3 games is great stuff.

Never thought I would say this I had him sacked a while back but now time to offer AJ a new contract then if he hopefully signs  try and get some of this squad signed for next season don't start from almost nothing again it will be very difficult as most players will hold off to see if they can get a better deal elsewhere .

54 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Just before Christmas, I’d have bet heavy money on Queens finishing 10th and thought your only chance was bagging your manager.

Two months on, you’re sitting in the promotion play-offs.

Don’t know if any Queens fans seriously saw that coming, but I certainly didn’t.

Fair fucks.

If we had replicated our first round of results, we would currently be on 8 points, 10 behind Arbroath in 8th (Ayr would have an additional 3 points). Realistically our only hope would have been finishing 9th as Alloa would have been 1 point above us on 9 (they would be 3 points down) having played a game less.
Of course, we are still far from safe. But without the transformation, we would be more or less down already.
Edited to correct the fact that Arbroath would have been below Ayr. Inverness and Morton would also have 3 points more each, so Arbroath would have been 8th.

Edited by Flash

He is a player that we desperately want to keep for next season.
Hopefully there are plans for Jones to come back for a season. He won't be getting much first team action at Boro next season so hopefully we have first refusal for a loan next year.

We need to talk about Obileye. A real fans favourite now. 
0BB28A3E-E0E0-4498-9A56-14FDFC8EB94A.jpeg.74a10747bd7187ba0755144fff22e96d.jpeg
His penalties give me the absolute fear but his record speaks for itself. He said in his interview at Caley that he waits for the GK to move. He must have cracking reactions as I've not noticed the delay between the GK moving and him striking.

He really is cool as hell though.

26 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

His penalties give me the absolute fear but his record speaks for itself. He said in his interview at Caley that he waits for the GK to move. He must have cracking reactions as I've not noticed the delay between the GK moving and him striking.

He really is cool as hell though.

Hamilton was pretty much lying on the floor before he hit the one today! He sold himself early. To be fair Craig Gordon really waited the week before. He still eventually showed his hand before Ayo hit it though.

What's been the cause for Queens recent excellenct form? 
I way he'd the hearts game and the speed, power, directness and work rate of mbude and nortei really stood out. The big fella obileye was solid too. 

There’s been more structure to us since the Raith game, where we our defence stood tall to protect young Charlie Cowie. The penny seemed to drop for a lot of our players that night. We were in decent form till Alloa game, Shields going off seemed to knock us off our stride that day. Then losing more players to injury/isolating seemed to work in our favour again. We’ve found another great option in midfield with Nortey and Ayo protecting back 4 is working a treat for now. I think it helps having 3 big presences on the pitch as we were conceding from a lot of crosses earlier in season. We also have an abundance of pace and lots of legs in midfield which really helps countering. And we’ve got willie Gibson

Really good interview with AJ after the Dundee game .

Great news that Sheilds is either back this week or next McKee and Leighfield . close to a return as well.

He says how difficult it is to sign players and more important keep our good players we just don't pay as much as other full time teams .

Not a surprise but we simply can't do a rebuild job every season. We will hopefully survive another season in the Championship with the team we've got at present but unless we can find the resources to keep some of our better players then eventually we'll get caught out. When this team gets it together they are pretty good and what a difference from earlier in the season.