The Queen of the South thread

57 minutes ago, football maniac said:

Is it too late to watch yesterdays match on qostv? Missed the game yesterday but now its saying next match v Hearts where I log in rather than previous match. 

Whatever caused the stream to stop around the time of the first goal also broke the recording. Just trying to see if we can use the camera footage

Thought about this, but then thought no!! It doesn't matter. 
Having had a chat with my cousin though  we are wondering who the guys were at the Portland Road end, at least one of whom celebrated both Queens goals like any fan would? 

Ground staff I’d imagine.

Having had a chat with my cousin though  we are wondering who the guys were at the Portland Road end, at least one of whom celebrated both Queens goals like any fan would? 
I did wonder that myself. As has been said already, you can almost guarantee that around the country, games will have people attending who don't need to/shouldn't be there. We seem to be the only club stupid enough to invite one of the countries biggest attention seekers to their game.

23 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Estreet said:

I did wonder that myself. As has been said already, you can almost guarantee that around the country, games will have people attending who don't need to/shouldn't be there. We seem to be the only club stupid enough to invite one of the countries biggest attention seekers to their game.

Indeed... the protocol states only those essential to the operation of the game should be in attendance but at least one of our honorary directors was there on Saturday, noticeable by his famously bright coloured jacket. Not that I begrudge him his attendance at all, but it's probably not essential. I think it's just human nature to try to bend rules a wee bit, especially at a time when everyone's locked in the house, it's probably done with the best intentions 99% of the time. 

5 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Indeed... the protocol states only those essential to the operation of the game should be in attendance but at least one of our honorary directors was there on Saturday, noticeable by his famously bright coloured jacket. Not that I begrudge him his attendance at all, but it's probably not essential. I think it's just human nature to try to bend rules a wee bit, especially at a time when everyone's locked in the house, it's probably done with the best intentions 99% of the time. 

Clubs are allowed so many directors etc at the games within the rules and also their are other "essential" people in attendance that are needed to run the event within the protocols... 

3 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Clubs are allowed so many directors etc at the games within the rules and also their are other "essential" people in attendance that are needed to run the event within the protocols... 

10 directors etc. per club.
Rules about who can attend and where are in the link.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7440/scottish-fa-return-to-matches-protocol_spfl-championship_league-12.pdf

I've often wondered why Directors attendance is essential to play a football match in the current situation. Maybe 1 director to represent the club,  deal with any problems,  etc that may arise,  but up to 10 seems very excessive. Outwith the regulatory testing,  travel restrictions,  extra changing room space, etc,     I think it is apparent that. a lot of clubs are merely paying lip service to the rules/guidelines that are in place. 

12 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I've often wondered why Directors attendance is essential to play a football match in the current situation. Maybe 1 director to represent the club,  deal with any problems,  etc that may arise,  but up to 10 seems very excessive. Outwith the regulatory testing,  travel restrictions,  extra changing room space, etc,     I think it is apparent that. a lot of clubs are merely paying lip service to the rules/guidelines that are in place. 

I wish we'd even paid them lip service on Boxing Day.

5 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

1 hour ago, Flash said:

10 directors etc. per club.
Rules about who can attend and where are in the link.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7440/scottish-fa-return-to-matches-protocol_spfl-championship_league-12.pdf

I don't think that's strictly the case Supersouth. If you look at the green and yellow box on page 5 of the PDF Flash has linked (numbered page 9 on the document) it says:

"Clubs shall risk assess capacity, keeping numbers to those essential to the operation and to meet minimum broadcast and  media contracted obligations."

The column which refers to Directors is then titled "Total Number Allowed". I think that sets out a cap, but attendance should still be limited only to those Directors essential to the operation of the match.

1 hour ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

I don't think that's strictly the case Supersouth. If you look at the green and yellow box on page 5 of the PDF Flash has linked (numbered page 9 on the document) it says:

"Clubs shall risk assess capacity, keeping numbers to those essential to the operation and to meet minimum broadcast and  media contracted obligations."

The column which refers to Directors is then titled "Total Number Allowed". I think that sets out a cap, but attendance should still be limited only to those Directors essential to the operation of the match.

Aye, and above that at the top of page 7 it says “The number of individuals who attend a stadium on match day should be kept to a minimum. Furthermore, those in the stadium should only be allowed access to areas necessary in the fulfilment of their match day duties.” 

That suggests you should only be there if you have a job to do on match day. Tbf, watching some games has been hard work this season.

Eta Seriously, though, maybe Davie Rae is like a “meeter and greeter” and all the directors are there to meet up with their counterparts, socially distanced of course. That could be considered a match day duty.

Edited by Flash

43 minutes ago, Flash said:

Aye, and above that at the top of page 7 it says “The number of individuals who attend a stadium on match day should be kept to a minimum. Furthermore, those in the stadium should only be allowed access to areas necessary in the fulfilment of their match day duties.” 

That suggests you should only be there if you have a job to do on match day. Tbf, watching some games has been hard work this season.

Eta Seriously, though, maybe Davie Rae is like a “meeter and greeter” and all the directors are there to meet up with their counterparts, socially distanced of course. That could be considered a match day duty.

Aye, I'll accept that, as I say I don't begrudge his attendance at all, and am not trying to create a referendum on whether he should or should not be allowed in to watch games! Just pointing out that the rules are quite easily got around and it probably happens hundreds of times each matchday up and down the country. Don't see why they couldn't hold a raffle for season ticket holders to be ball boys or thermometer holders, etc, but maybe that's a bit too obvious!

15 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

George Galloway and Rula Lenska.
IMG_3521.jpg

It's very rarely that one gets the chance to see two people make bigger arses of themselves than those two did on that occasion.

Edited by louisxiv

On 24/01/2021 at 20:29, Skyline Drifter said:

Well it clearly is. Another 1st choice keeper isn't what we need, which I presume is your point. We could do with someone to cover the bench until either Leighfield or Cowie is fit though. I wouldn't want to run with one keeper for a month or so though, especially given Ferguson was far from fully fit yesterday. Dan's season is over before it began unfortunately so that option is gone. We need to find another keeper before next weekend.

Morton have had just the 1 keeper all season 

Do we not just keep signing Gary Manley on emergency weekly loan deals till we get another keeper fit .

On the subject of loans have we just 1 more to use loan window closes end of February ?

Personally I think the GK is a problem position for us you could even say a “jinxed” position. Keepers like the late great Alan Ball could play season after season barely missing a game. Our current crop of keepers can barely cover the position between 3/4 of them. It may be simply a run of incredible bad luck but in the case of Ferguson he has had a recurring catalogue of injury problems since joining us. If this pattern continues (and there is every chance that it might) we will need a solid replacement. Every point will be a prisoner for us if we are to avoid bottom 2 and if it is feasible I would sign a loan keeper who can take over the No 1 berth in case of need. Too important a position to leave to chance especially with the added problem of Covid testing in an emergency scenario.

I see Calvin McGrory made a start at the weekend for you. How did he do was really disappointed our club let him go. Really good on the ball and great vision. Keep your good run going [emoji106]

He did okay, as he has been in his limited appearances. I think there is a player in there. Just needs to bulk up a bit