The Queen of the South thread

So what you’re telling me is; during this whole pandemic a community based club has only distributed 50 hampers and done a few online learning for schools? 
There’s only a limit if you don’t want to help the community. Like I said, we’ve fell well short of other clubs. 

So what you’re saying is clubs don’t care about the community when they’re hamstrung by not being able to properly operate during a pandemic?

QOS were one of first, if not the first, to offer their facilities up for vaccination centres. I really don’t see how you can offer more than that right now. I know there was a lot of work going on at Somerset but it’d be nice to see ourselves follow suit.

13 minutes ago, FireStarter said:

So what you’re telling me is; during this whole pandemic a community based club has only distributed 50 hampers and done a few online learning for schools? 
There’s only a limit if you don’t want to help the community. Like I said, we’ve fell well short of other clubs. 

What have other clubs done? 

So what you’re saying is clubs don’t care about the community when they’re hamstrung by not being able to properly operate during a pandemic?

QOS were one of first, if not the first, to offer their facilities up for vaccination centres. I really don’t see how you can offer more than that right now. I know there was a lot of work going on at Somerset but it’d be nice to see ourselves follow suit.
What have other clubs done? 
I can't wait for him to prove you both wrong. It's what he does apparently.

2 hours ago, FireStarter said:

You’re another who follows SD about so I’m certain you’ve seen them already. 

😂

Fun game. What about me? Am I another one who follows him about??

1 hour ago, FireStarter said:

What about this guy ^^^

WAIT A MINUTE - Simpsons' Homer | Meme Generator

2 hours ago, FireStarter said:

The food wasn’t from the club though was it? The public donated it. I’m asking what the club has done. 

It takes a really sad person to have a pop about food banks. The clubs reverse advent appeal was great for the community and I know someone in the area who received a parcel and would have went hungry without it. The response the club received was outstanding and were overwhelmed with the amount of food they received. 
You only have to read the thank you message from Mark Frankland
at The First Base Agency to see how much it meant to them as well. 

3 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

It takes a really sad person to have a pop about food banks. The clubs reverse advent appeal was great for the community and I know someone in the area who received a parcel and would have went hungry without it. The response the club received was outstanding and were overwhelmed with the amount of food they received. 
You only have to read the thank you message from Mark Frankland
at The First Base Agency to see how much it meant to them as well. 

Ignore him, he’s clearly trolling.

On 20/01/2021 at 13:23, Northfield 53 said:

Back to more important things not looking like we are getting the 2 new signing AJ wants this week but what would be the point signing someone just  to sit on the bench .

Signing news at 3pm 👀

On 20/01/2021 at 13:23, Northfield 53 said:

It is really strange that Skyline stopped his constant posting right after the Galloway fiasco was he involved in it all nobody will ever find out .

Back to more important things not looking like we are getting the 2 new signing AJ wants this week but what would be the point signing someone just  to sit on the bench .

First new signing in next 15 mins... 

13 minutes ago, G51 said:

Dapo isn't going to make it at Rangers, so a good chance for you to get a look at him before signing him if he's any good.

Don't know much about him, but he was in the last Under 19s squad, albeit nearly a year ago now due to covid, which would suggest he's still one of the better players in the country at his age group. If leaving Rangers wouldn't his sights be higher than the bottom of the Championship?

1 minute ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Don't know much about him, but he was in the last Under 19s squad, albeit nearly a year ago now due to covid, which would suggest he's still one of the better players in the country at his age group. If leaving Rangers wouldn't his sights be higher than the bottom of the Championship?

Not necessarily. This will be his first shot getting a run of senior games, so those will influence where he ends up more than anything else.

If he looks a cut above then aye, it'd be difficult. But he's more likely to look like a Championship player, so you'll have a shot I'd imagine.

Happy to get another body in. I'm surprised it's a striker mind you. No danger Shields gets dropped just now and you have Dobbie next in line for up top you'd imagine. Possible formation change coming? Unless of course AJ plans on playing him elsewhere which would be the most likely outcome.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Happy to get another body in. I'm surprised it's a striker mind you. No danger Shields gets dropped just now and you have Dobbie next in line for up top you'd imagine. Possible formation change coming? Unless of course AJ plans on playing him elsewhere which would be the most likely outcome.

Wouldn't mind a high energy striker playing in the role Pybus is currently being used in.