The Queen of the South thread

3 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

Your management team deserve some credit for turning around your last 3 results following the critical postings on previous weeks.?

Agreed. Johnston has found a system that works with the squad we have, and got a settled 11 as well. 

Let's not kids ourselves though, we've played Raith on an off day, an Ayr side that are in free fall, and a league 2 side. It's a great start, but we've a big few weeks ahead of us.

There seems to have been a transformation in the amount of effort being put in when we don’t have the ball. That was missing before. Previously felt like the only time we got the ball back was when it went out of play. Just hope they keep it going.

Agreed. Johnston has found a system that works with the squad we have, and got a settled 11 as well. 
Let's not kids ourselves though, we've played Raith on an off day, an Ayr side that are in free fall, and a league 2 side. It's a great start, but we've a big few weeks ahead of us.

Christ give us some credit.

What he's said is fair tbh. I'm quietly more optimistic than I was a few weeks ago but DHD has pointed out the facts. It could be a case of turning a corner and Raith playing poorly/Ayr continuing their terrible run was down to us stopping them from playing and I hope it is. But given what came before the Raith game you can't blame supporters for worrying it's a 'false dawn'.

Regardless of who we've faced, we've looked more organised and as Flash says, we seem to be putting pressure on the opposition rather than waiting for them to come at us and inevitably score.

Tuesday will be a good test of where we are. Regardless of how poor a position ICT are in they always do well against us so it'll be a real turn if we get something from Caley.

42 minutes ago, Flash said:

There seems to have been a transformation in the amount of effort being put in when we don’t have the ball. That was missing before. Previously felt like the only time we got the ball back was when it went out of play. Just hope they keep it going.

I think it’s a lot easier to put effort in when you have an idea what you are meant to be doing.

Previously there didn’t seem to be any real game plan in place rather than the manager putting what he felt was the best XI players on the park and hoping for the best. Professional pride can only get you so far. If you aren’t receiving any directions it’s human nature to be demotivated, and getting gubbed every week only adds to that. It’s probably why Pybus, Shields and Maxwell were getting all the plaudits early on because their game is to run all day regardless, whilst others who don’t have running as a main feature of their game were left disjointed and largely anonymous.

Now that we have settled on a system, we are presumably working on it in training which breeds familiarity among the players. Each player now not only understands their own role but also that of their teammates and the importance of each cog in the system. Understanding that encourages them to work hard for the team as they can see the benefit it brings to both the team and them as an individual. The more we win the more confident everyone becomes as well.

I don’t think Johnston is suddenly Guardiola-esque. All he’s really done is what he should have been doing from the start. Playing players in positions that play to their strengths. I often feel managers overcomplicate things by trying to be too clever.

56 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

I literally started that post stating "Agreed" in response to a post saying that the management team deserve credit. We're allowed to enjoy the results over the last couple of weeks, whilst also recognising the circumstances surrounding them.

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Sheilds looks the exact type of striker Pars need.

Absolutely. Shame he has a total aversion to black and white stripes though. 

This is going to come back and bite me isn't it..... 😏

The current BOD are maybe Queens fans, but none of them have a clue on how to run the business side of the club. The apathy towards Queens in the town is probably close to the worst it has ever been. They make mistake after mistake; it’s all about me me me and f**k youse lot.

They have taken Queens to a level that is way above their abilities; they haven’t got the know how of what to do next. I just can’t understand why they want to keep things in a 3 man committee type rather than publicly invite non executive Director on to the board.

Just get a fucking grip!