The Queen of the South thread

Thank you for all the super donations to the Queens Trust fundraiser. We have just received an amazing donation in the post today which has helped us reach and smash our money target in less than one week! It takes us to a total of £1,380.  We will shortly close our Just Giving account. 

Fantastic support from the community for the Queens Trust and for us buying shares in Queen of the South FC - thank you all very much!

344A8E84-CAF0-43DC-9E2E-2AA3C1607032.jpeg

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye it isn't going to happen just now. Hopefully he replaces him after our next defeat.

Johnston might want him to make his debut in a slightly easier game than ICT away, though.

2 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Article in today’s paper 

F85239BC-96BF-4CF1-A7F8-943ACC1AD635.jpeg

To me that comes across as yet another tone deaf response to the current situation.  They still aren't taking ownership of their colossal f**k up and rather than easing tensions that comes across as a passive aggressive threat.  An "if you've got something to say lets go outside and you can say it to my face" type response.

If I was anything to do with the Trust I'd be telling them to shove it.  Which is exactly why I've nothing to do with the Trust right enough!

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

To me that comes across as yet another tone deaf response to the current situation.  They still aren't taking ownership of their colossal f**k up and rather than easing tensions that comes across as a passive aggressive threat.  An "if you've got something to say lets go outside and you can say it to my face" type response.

If I was anything to do with the Trust I'd be telling them to shove it.  Which is exactly why I've nothing to do with the Trust right enough!

Fans asked for a meeting and the board accepted. I'm not sure what more you can expect in regards to fans asking for a meeting. And I don't quite see the "passive agressive threat" that you do. If the board had said no then maybe that would be something to be angry at.

10 minutes ago, JTulip said:

Would welcome a meeting but to be clear the Queens Trust didn’t ask for a meeting. 

Sounds like an opportunity to have a meeting. It might well prove to be fruitless but it would be a shame if the board could say that they made the offer but nobody took the offer up. To me it seems certain the Trust will have to make the next move.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Also a huge thank you from the Trust is due to fans Kevin Donnelly & Russel Campbell who have very kindly offered to donate Queens shares to the Trust. Very generous and very welcome donations.

If anyone else may like to donate some of their shares to the Trust please do get in touch.

B5F88E77-FB82-4526-A135-74315899E375.jpeg

11 hours ago, Steeplechat said:

Who are you approaching within the club to buy shares off of ?

I notice the aim of it to help both the club and the trust by offering the club the money raised in return for the shares. If there are no shares left to be sold, which the trust know there aren't, where is the benefit to the club ?

So asking fans to donate money which will to go to individual shareholders rather the club doesn't seem to act with much transparency as far as I can see to borrow a phrase !

As I posted on Facebook earlier:

We will be first offering this fantastic sum raised to Queens in exchange for Club shares.   The Club previously advised us that they had an arrangement with a shareholder where the shareholder would ‘transfer part of their personal share holding to the Trust on the basis that the funds would then be reinvested in the Club so that the club benefits’.   We are hoping that a similar arrangement can be made this time.  If our preferred option is not currently possible, we have other options for buying shares.  

Having greater shares will increase the voice of the Supporters Trust and our 315 members.  Five percent of shares are needed to raise a resolution at an AGM.  The more shares the Trust has the easier it will be to collaborate with others to raise resolutions.  When there is a vote at an AGM the size of the shareholding can come into play.  

I believe that the success of the Trust’s fundraiser has demonstrated that fans are keen to both support the Club as well to buy shares jointly in the Club sharing in our vision of greater supporter involvement.  The shares of the Queens Trust represent all 315 Trust members.  

Supporter involvement in the running of football clubs is a growing movement across the UK as fans look to have greater connections with their local teams.  One example is Morton Club Together supporters group who have over 700 members that are paying in over £10,000 each month as they move towards community ownership. They now have two supporter representative directors at Morton FC.  

I feel that greater support and financial investment by fans is there if Queens FC were to embrace their supporters and create an environment of inclusivity.

Ps: Great goal by Queens Trust member and also the player that the Trust sponsor Wullie Gibson!

Edited by JTulip