The Queen of the South thread

26 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

He was signed  on a season long loan at Thistle. 

Maybe Rangers want him to play at a higher level of course 😉

Maybe Thistle have sent him back not ready yet for Div 1 football .

Really need a experienced centre back not another boy but it will all be about budget again experience costs money .

8 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Really need a experienced centre back not another boy but it will all be about budget again experience costs money .

Yep maybe. He got injured in mid November and don't think he's started since then, albeit he's been fit enough for the bench since mid December.

Ankle Injury

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

We have an experienced CB and he's probably the worst player in the team!!

37 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

McCall was in the paper the other week raving about the boy that’s replaced breen

I think he is only guaranteed a bench place just now with us

okay defender made a couple of blunders in first game and shaky in a couple of others but improved then got injured.  Way behind Sena, Brownlie and McKenna in starting. IMO he should be ahead of o ware even when he returns but o ware seems to be a McCall favourite even if it’s not deserved and I think Rhys would be further behind. So it would make sense to go to the doonhamers if he is guaranteed a start

1 hour ago, third lanark said:

I think he is only guaranteed a bench place just now with us

okay defender made a couple of blunders in first game and shaky in a couple of others but improved then got injured.  Way behind Sena, Brownlie and McKenna in starting. IMO he should be ahead of o ware even when he returns but o ware seems to be a McCall favourite even if it’s not deserved and I think Rhys would be further behind. So it would make sense to go to the doonhamers if he is guaranteed a start

No guarantee of a start at Queens.. 

I think it's more about freeing up a loan spot at our end, he's either 4th or 5th choice centre back now with Sena becoming first choice there having started the season in midfield, and we're much more needy at striker and winger, wouldn't entirely surprise me if we got another loan player from Rangers in one of those positions (not Kennedy obvs) to replace him.

Never really saw enough of Breen to say how good he is or otherwise. 

14 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

The 2 centre backs we have are experienced. 

Great support for our Queens Trust fundraiser to help us reach our target of 1000 shares or more in @OfficialQosFC. Thank you to all who have already donated. We are currently at £735 and our target is £1140. 

If you are able to donate anything at all it would be very much appreciated. Full details in link:

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/queenstrust?utm_term=GyGyad3YP

Shields comes across well, loves saying 'obviously' during an interview, but seems a good lad. Hopefully we get him signed up for another year...obviously.

A real must for me if we can, clubs won’t be long sniffing around him in this form. With brophy leaving Kilmarnock for stmirren wouldn’t surprise me if James Fowler who had him at Sunderland had a eye on him

5 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Was hoping we would go for someone with more experience to really push our centre backs .

His injury record is not good but hopefully he does as well as Maxwell time will tell 

Our current centre backs are experienced and it hasn’t really showed. He’s young but a 6ft 3 left footed old school type defender, I’m reasonably happy.