The Queen of the South thread

Let’s hope there hasn’t been anymore businessmen or potential sponsors managed to get in and watch our beloved Queens, because I have a horrible feeling this might be the tip of the iceberg. Saying that if you look on the queens mad site it’s as if nothing happened.... Wonder where Jardie and  co are hiding during this disaster

In a little more than 24 hours ineptitude and failings on the field will be back in focus. The disgrace and disgust generated by this episode will not dim. I am so enraged by the egocentric disregard and disconnect, would quit my mercenary business life and head home to start a new club called Queen of the South Wanderers. 

44 minutes ago, nomad said:

In a little more than 24 hours ineptitude and failings on the field will be back in focus. The disgrace and disgust generated by this episode will not dim. I am so enraged by the egocentric disregard and disconnect, would quit my mercenary business life and head home to start a new club called Queen of the South Wanderers. 

Ritchie Nicol is that u?? 

or should I say tanner fund main man 

Edited by oldbeforetime

1 hour ago, JTulip said:

Queens Trust Statement

The Queens Trust Committee are extremely disappointed in the Boxing Day actions of both Queen of the South FC and George Galloway.  Firstly, these actions breached the Scottish Government Covid regulations that we have all been abiding by to keep our loved ones and communities safe.  Secondly, these actions demonstrated a complete lack of respect for the loyal Queen of the South fans, many of whom had also been hoping to attend the game on Boxing Day. 

Poor communication, a lack of transparency around the running of the Club and ever dwindling crowds are sadly now standard for Queens.  This latest shameful decision has badly damaged the reputation of the Club and left many fans furious.  There is a huge amount of goodwill towards Queen of the South FC amongst the communities of Dumfries and Galloway and it is time that community faith in the Queens Board is restored.  The divide between the loyal fans and the Club must be bridged by a new culture of inclusivity, transparency, and supporter representation.  Our much-loved Club is struggling, both on and off the pitch, and the time for change is now.

DF407A47-EDCA-48F2-9A46-068C2C532733.jpeg

Billy says no .

I sincerely doubt Galloway's scumbag party will win a single seat in the election next year.

They're a loudmouthed irrelevance full of absolutely horrible idiots with abysmal views and a total lack of political acumen.

7 hours ago, virginton said:

Until Queen of the South produce an explanation that isn't just braying horseshit that evades every important question then I'm more than happy to run with their board being arch-Unionist co-conspirators version tbh. Nothing that they have produced suggests contrition for an honest mistake at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if your theory of the QotS board being arch-unionist Rule Britannia types turns out to be true.  I remember being at Palmerston once for a Caley Thistle away game.  There was a minute's silence for Remembrance Day a week after it had past and involved former soldiers coming out with battalion flags and a huge Union Flag. 

I've never seen a Remembrance Day silence after the day had past before (let alone a week later!) and I've also never seen one (in the flesh) that was quite so jingoistic. 

Edited by Highland Capital

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

I sincerely doubt Galloway's scumbag party will win a single seat in the election next year.

They're a loudmouthed irrelevance full of absolutely horrible idiots with abysmal views and a total lack of political acumen.

Exactly

All of this makes it all the more embarrassing that our club thought it would be a good idea to indulge him in the first place.

Even if you haven’t heard much about him or his new party for a while. It should still be clear to everyone that he is a tube. There was nothing to gain from a Queens perspective by association. 

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

There's no doubt about it.  Alliance for Unity will get a few thousand votes max and not come anywhere close to winning a seat.  Galloway of course will cry conspiracy and blame the SNP for not getting the coverage in the run up to the election his party of weirdos and racists deserves.

54 minutes ago, philpy said:

That's a nice table in the queens' boardroom. Just don't let any cats climb on it.

Certainly looks a lot better than the league table.
More seriously, I don’t think anything will change after this. Before Gallowaygate, I think the board would have been enjoying this season more than normal because there were no fans there. Given the choice between letting fans in or getting a £500k grant each season, I think they would pick the grant every time.

10 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Wow, this is what you’re board have done to your club.  The term useful idiots doesn’t begin to describe them.

I despise sleekit, shitebag deceptive stuff like this.

This sort of garbage was Galloway's aim all along and Queen of the South have been played so easily to help facilitate it.

17 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I wouldn't be surprised if your theory of the QotS board being arch-unionist Rule Britannia types turns out to be true.  I remember being at Palmerston once for a Caley Thistle away game.  There was a minute's silence for Remembrance Day a week after it had past and involved former soldiers coming out with battalion flags and a huge Union Flag. 

I've never seen a Remembrance Day silence after the day had past before (let alone a week later!) and I've also never seen one (in the flesh) that was quite so jingoistic. 

Your greenie was before you edited the post, as I thought you were being sarcastic for comedy effect.

Imagine remembering the dead. What a bunch of c***s we are. 

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I despise sleekit, shitebag deceptive stuff like this.

This sort of garbage was Galloway's aim all along and Queen of the South have been played so easily to help facilitate it.

This tweet has been retweeted by Galloway’s pal Andrew Neil, who has over 1m Twitter followers.  Must be the free publicity Gorgeous was on about.