The Queen of the South thread

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I doubt it, a points deduction seems nonsensical they gained no advantage on the park from GG being in attendance. A points deduction should really be reserved for financial doping/impropriety or sporting impropriety.

A hefty fine I'd imagine would be appropriate with a chunk of it suspended. I'm not sure if action could be taken against the Chairman (assuming it was Hewitson's decision) specifically by the football authorities. That could be a possibility. 

Pure speculation on my part but a points deduction doesn't seem appropriate or proportionate.

I looked back at the Celtic/Aberdeen and the Killie/St. Mirren cases. £30k and £40k respectively. The majority suspended for a year pending no further breaches. 

Killie/St.Mirren had to pay £8k to the SPFL Trust. 

I think in both instances games had to be rescheduled because of the breach. Nonetheless, I think it is fair to say an invoice for a  few grand  will be arriving at Palmerston sometime in January.

That should be paid out of the pocket of the chairman. 

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

The more I think about it, the more I think the board didn’t want to say no to him, and let him in hoping he’d not bring attention of it to anyone.

This is a ludicrous and simplistic theory, which I'm steadily coming round to.

It's as if nobody had the heart to turn him away on Saturday, resulting in this ridiculous mess. 

It's just hard to believe that he was allowed to sit through the game with his family, conspicuously dressed as George Galloway, with nobody in the nearby Director's Box  questioning it, or foreseeing a problem.

Seriously, how the Hell did this happen?  It's a bit mind blowing.

29 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

That's him.

He was on Sinn Fein telly a few years ago praising the IRA but is now sharing a stage with Farage and defending 'the British state'. To say he was two-faced would be an understatement.

More faces than a Rubik's Cube!

6 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

I looked back at the Celtic/Aberdeen and the Killie/St. Mirren cases. £30k and £40k respectively. The majority suspended for a year pending no further breaches. 

Killie/St.Mirren had to pay £8k to the SPFL Trust. 

I think in both instances games had to be rescheduled because of the breach. Nonetheless, I think it is fair to say an invoice for a  few grand  will be arriving at Palmerston sometime in January.

That should be paid out of the pocket of the chairman. 

Yeah, I expect the fine may be a bit more because it is such a brazen breach.

Its a bit ludicrous that it has actually happened, I really cannot countenance that no-one in the Queens hierarchy went hold on a minute here. 🤷‍♂️

19 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This is a ludicrous and simplistic theory, which I'm steadily coming round to.

It's as if nobody had the heart to turn him away on Saturday, resulting in this ridiculous mess. 

It's just hard to believe that he was allowed to sit through the game with his family, conspicuously dressed as George Galloway, with nobody in the nearby Director's Box  questioning it, or foreseeing a problem.

Seriously, how the Hell did this happen?  It's a bit mind blowing.

I believe our SLO committee are the COVID officers and oversee who enters the ground.  They have a list, if your names not down you're not getting in etc. and they take temperatures and whatever else the current situation requires.

One of the SLOs, who I have absolutely no reason to doubt, posted yesterday that there was no mention of Galloway (or his family for that matter, although I don't think their attendance was known at that point) on "the list".

If the above is true, and like I say I fully believe it is, then whoever invited Galloway as their guest knew that what they were doing was wrong, but cracked on anyway.

Incidentally I am feeling pretty heartbroken for the SLO Committee right now.  I know all of them and from a supporters perspective you couldn't ask for better men for the job.  Well liked, well known, highly approachable and hugely passionate about the club.  What is expected of them is an absolutely thankless task.  Expecting them to drum up extra support for a club that doesn't give a flying f**k about their supporters.  They have put a power of work into the past few years (not sure how long the SLO requirement has been in force but from day 1 of that anyway), and for what? Countless hours and days worth of work dissipated.

Whilst I would consider myself a fairly "big" Queens fan (certainly a longstanding one as this is my 26th season following them), I am by no means a diehard.  As I had all but given up on the club of late I have been able to take a certain macabre enjoyment out of the last day or so's proceedings.  It is such a laughable situation I'd find it impossible not to.  Also there is a certain satisfaction in seeing some dislikeable characters get their comeuppance (granted that is yet to happen).

Obviously there is a very serious side to this as well, in addition to the public health implications.  The club means so much to a lot of people, and is a major part of their lives.  To be betrayed in such a fashion all for the sake of boosting the finances and ego of a very selfish group of individuals is absolutely galling.

There simply has to be change after this episode.

Been trying to get my head round this overnight... but no luck. Either the people running QoS are morons beyond anybody’s imagination or the people running QoS thought it would be a good idea to let that odious clown make snarky wee political points at the SG’s expense. Either way, they should be absolutely hammered for it, by both the football and the political authorities.

A lot of sympathy for the supporters, none whatsoever for the idiot Board.

7 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

I believe our SLO committee are the COVID officers and oversee who enters the ground.  They have a list, if your names not down you're not getting in etc. and they take temperatures and whatever else the current situation requires.

One of the SLOs, who I have absolutely no reason to doubt, posted yesterday that there was no mention of Galloway (or his family for that matter, although I don't think their attendance was known at that point) on "the list".

If the above is true, and like I say I fully believe it is, then whoever invited Galloway as their guest knew that what they were doing was wrong, but cracked on anyway.

Incidentally I am feeling pretty heartbroken for the SLO Committee right now.  I know all of them and from a supporters perspective you couldn't ask for better men for the job.  Well liked, well known, highly approachable and hugely passionate about the club.  What is expected of them is an absolutely thankless task.  Expecting them to drum up extra support for a club that doesn't give a flying f**k about their supporters.  They have put a power of work into the past few years (not sure how long the SLO requirement has been in force but from day 1 of that anyway), and for what? Countless hours and days worth of work dissipated.

Whilst I would consider myself a fairly "big" Queens fan (certainly a longstanding one as this is my 26th season following them), I am by no means a diehard.  As I had all but given up on the club of late I have been able to take a certain macabre enjoyment out of the last day or so's proceedings.  It is such a laughable situation I'd find it impossible not to.  Also there is a certain satisfaction in seeing some dislikeable characters get their comeuppance (granted that is yet to happen).

Obviously there is a very serious side to this as well, in addition to the public health implications.  The club means so much to a lot of people, and is a major part of their lives.  To be betrayed in such a fashion all for the sake of boosting the finances and ego of a very selfish group of individuals is absolutely galling.

I wonder if the opposition to fan representation on the board - a club position that actually had plenty of support on here - will continue.

On 26/12/2020 at 18:32, nomad said:

More than a new manager needed. And not trying to be hyper critical of board members. But from top to bottom, a re-evaluation needed. Belief, investment and more importantly credibility. Where is the five year plan? Where is any plan? If the club is being operated on a sustainable business platform then any business must have a plan. Or face going backwards. The club should have a PIP (performance improvement plan). What we have is the plucky amateur approach of it will be ok one day . Which is disappointing. Oh and going backwards. 

I feel Plamy Cammy's pain. 1969 was my first game a Palmerston. 2020 may have been my last. Little did I know that the comment about plucky amateurs would be as close to the bone. And as for my comment about being hyper critical of the board. Ye made yer bed. And at a time when poverty is pleaded. No mark pro's worse than part timers and ensconced at the bottom of the league is bad enough. But top of the league in the bad decision category. Pixies did a song called 'Where is my mind'. Time to replace Queens of the South' as the run out song.    

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

And Galloway's plan begins to have his desired impact:

Wait. The SNP have asked Queen of the South to invite Galloway, hacked his account and fired out a few tweets and then sat back. 

George, with the greatest of respect youre meowing up the wrong tree here. Different level conspiracy considering its him that drew attention to him being there.

29 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

You believe wrong, the SLO are not the COVID officers. They do volunteer to do COVID checks at one of the entrances, which is mainly for the press. There are at least 2 other entrances in use (possibly three) which will have their own separate lists.

You believe wrong, the SLO are not the COVID officers. They do volunteer to do COVID checks at one of the entrances, which is mainly for the press. There are at least 2 other entrances in use (possibly three) which will have their own separate lists.

Galloway only needs a cat flap.

22 minutes ago, 101 said:

Wait. The SNP have asked Queen of the South to invite Galloway, hacked his account and fired out a few tweets and then sat back. 

George, with the greatest of respect youre meowing up the wrong tree here. Different level conspiracy considering its him that drew attention to him being there.

Honestly, none of that is more ridiculous than the idea that Galloway has any chance of “evicting the SNP from power”

29 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

And Galloway's plan begins to have his desired impact:

Paul Sinclair and Tom Gallagher... fucking hell. Wasnt Gallagher the one who wrote some kind of weird fucking Indy Ref novel then moaned like hell when no one bought it?