The Queen of the South thread

I have no doubts Galloway did this for his own ends. I have serious doubts that the club were complicit in it though, which is what you were claiming earlier

Those on the board are business owners.

Dumfries went from Tier 1 to Tier 4.

Are we honestly meant to believe they were confused by the rules ?

I still have a lot of time for Queens and go to Palmerston whenever I am down but knowing the Blount’s and Hewitson - naive is not a word Id associate with them.

22 hours ago, Yenitit said:

George started life as a Dee. He merely wanted to see oor Charlie strutting his stuff on the plastic pitch, you can hardly blame him. 

George has been a Dee, a dab, a Celtic fan and now a Queens fan in his lifetime. Welcome to the club. 

Thank you x

I’ve known him since he was 12 and I don’t remember him ever being a Dee. He was a United fan at the start of secondary school.

I honestly believe in Galloway's warped mind he believes that QoS will get 'unfairly' hammered by this and the fans will be disgusted with Nicola Sturgeon for this and for her refusal to allow football fans back. Thus giving him a cause and having the full support of the 1-2000 QoS fans and helping give him his ticket into the Scottish Parliament.

He thrives on controversy and tries to play people. And he's so out of touch these days he might actually believe that.

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

As expected, Galloway is using this as a reason to bash the SNP for changing Dumfries and Galloway from Tier 1 to Tier 4 'with a click of their fingers' and that fans should have been allowed back by now.

Jim Murphy-esque. 

But so, so naive by QoS.

Edited by Ludo*1

I still have a lot of time for Queens and go to Palmerston whenever I am down but knowing the Blount’s and Hewitson - naive is not a word Id associate with them.

I think you're underestimating how stupid our board are. They will have been well aware of the rules but I imagine they never expected Galloway to post pictures. If you need evidence of how naive they are when it comes to social media, see their last two statements. Unless they all planned on stepping down at the end of the season, leaving the club in the shit then this isn't a political statement on their part. They've been well and truly had. I still don't have an ounce of sympathy for them though.

I honestly believe in Galloway's warped mind he believes that QoS will get 'unfairly' hammered by this and the fans will be disgusted with Nicola Sturgeon for this and for her refusal to allow football fans back. Thus giving him a cause and having the full support of the 1-2000 QoS fans and helping give him his ticket into the Scottish Parliament.
He thrives on controversy and tries to play people. And he's so out of touch these days he might actually believe that.

Our crowds will be sub 1000 when we're back now. The combination of this fiasco and the fact we'll be in League 1.

12 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Thats not what you said though. You said they were complicit in a political stunt. Theres absolutely no evidence of that at all and its a pretty big leap on your part.

Those tweets are cringe worthy. Well seeing some gammon piles in with the anti Sturgeon bile. The rules are there to protect everyone and we should all abide by them for the greater good. We've all had to make sacrifices but not Georgie boy.

Just f**k off you jumped up bigoted anti semitic race baiting fedora wearing saddam hussein loving bawbag! 

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Thats not what you said though. You said they were complicit in a political stunt. Theres absolutely no evidence of that at all and its a pretty big leap on your part.

I don't think they were complicit but its becoming clear just how incredibly stupid they've all been to think Galloway wouldn't cause this sort of mess. I'm not sure that makes the board look any better.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

This was my thinking as well.

I also think his sudden interest in our football team was an attempt to worm his way into the hearts of the people of Dumfries by showing he is a man of the people and likes football just like me and you.  The joke is on him though as 99% of the population are completely apathetic towards Queens, and thanks to this sorry episode it is probably sitting at about 99.9%.

Galloway’s assertion that he was invited by the club flies in the face of any suggestion he and his family just got lucky in the season ticket ballot.  Funny thing is, if he really cared about Queens, he’d just shut his mouth and stop fuelling the fire.  The fact he can’t speaks volumes.  

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don't think they were complicit but its becoming clear just how incredibly stupid they've all been to think Galloway wouldn't cause this sort of mess. I'm not sure that makes the board look any better.

Completely agree

1 minute ago, HMIP said:

Galloway’s assertion that he was invited by the club flies in the face of any suggestion he and his family just got lucky in the season ticket ballot.  Funny thing is, if he really cared about Queens, he’d just shut his mouth and stop fuelling the fire.  The fact he can’t speaks volumes.  

Where did the suggestion he got lucky in the ballot come from?

The evidence of probability.

So you think Galloway’s tweets all week and the end result of him being at a game in D&G is a coincidence ?

Really ?

Knowing certain board members there is absolutely no chance they would be stupid or naive enough to just think “let him in and hope he doesn’t say anything”

It’s George F*cking Galloway.

They are complicit because they let him in. Why is it that difficult to understand.

5 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Completely agree

Where did the suggestion he got lucky in the ballot come from?

This endless and hysterical thread.  Suggestion was that demand for tickets to what was originally a tier 1 Boxing Day game was very low, meaning any season ticket holder that applied would likely have got a ticket.  Never seemed that convincing an explanation, but Galloway seems to have confirmed he was invited.

Edited by HMIP

9 minutes ago, mizfit said:

The more I think about it, the more I think the board didn’t want to say no to him, and let him in hoping he’d not bring attention of it to anyone.

Possibly.  Bad luck for them in that case that Galloway can't so much as fart without tweeting about what a heroic stance he's taking in doing so.

I'm not sure I've read anywhere 'mainstream' suggesting that QoS will be in bother up until now.

If so, then The Guardian are the ones now pushing that angle:

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/28/george-galloway-trip-to-queen-of-the-south-set-to-end-in-charge-for-club-scottish-football?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium=&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

b25lY21zOjhmMTlmOGQxLTE5ZWEtNDQ1YS1iMmQ5LTZkZGM4NmFjODZmYzphZmI5ZmNlNC02ZGM5LTQxNjItOTZmMi0wMTRmYmJhNzQwMjc=.jpg

Stephen Dobbie with the invite.

So clearly no all the protocols were being followed 2/3 adults are mask less. Pretty rich for him to even try and go after Cummings/ Ferrier/ Sturgeon now especially as he's peddling the holier than thou act