The Queen of the South thread

8 minutes ago, Aufc said:

In a way i feel sorry for the club. They have been used as a political pawn by him. Although they are fucking stupid for going along with it

I feel sorry for the fans, and probably players, but hard to feel sympathy for the board considering the statements they've put out so far.

3 minutes ago, Aufc said:

In a way i feel sorry for the club. They have been used as a political pawn by him. Although they are fucking stupid for going along with it

Our Board of Directors stupid?  Never. 

20 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Is there any likelihood the QoS board may sack him 

It would be a good way to spend George "5 season tickets" Galloway's sponsorship cash. 

4 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

This is what they should have said first time. 

Still a bit frustrating that he was clearly getting priority over 5 long standing season ticket holders in the ballot, mind.

I don't think that statement is anything like good enough and if anything only muddies the waters further.

They still haven't acknowledged that they have broken the COVID rules, they seem to think the whole fuss is simply because it is George Galloway and that had it been a slightly less controversial "celebrity" we'd all be fine with it.  Their actions amount to sticking two fingers up at not just our supporters but supporters of every club in the country who have been unable to attend matches.

The fact the person in question is a despicable rat is unfortunately just the cherry on top of a completely laughable and inexcusable exercise.

Other than less than 300, no sorry.
I've no idea when he was given tickets. The first I knew he had been at the game was when I saw it on Saturday night. 
I dont think its poor from you. As a club we've been poor at PR for a long time. I dont think its wrong to expect better 

I’m shocked and stunned that way less than 200 fans applied for the ballot.

2 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

I’m shocked and stunned that way less than 200 fans applied for the ballot.

Speaking for myself I was looking forward to limited number of fans being allowed in.  When it actually came to entering the ballot I just had no enthusiasm for it so didn't apply. 

I find the latest statement pretty baffling too.

I suppose I can see that if 300 spectators were to be allowed and fewer than that had applied, there might be provision for the board to invite guests.

That position fundamentally shifted, however, with the announcement on 19th December about the entire mainland going to Tier 4 on Boxing Day.

Surely, there was no particular need to advise Galloway, given that the Tier 4 news wasn't exactly kept secret.  Perhaps, as a courtesy they should have, but failing to do so doesn't adequately explain how Galloway thought he could still turn up and get in.  And it sure as Hell doesn't remotely explain why on turning up, he was somehow admitted anyway.

I just don't understand it.  The statement still reads like it concerns an ill judged snub to supporters, rather than an absolute breach of regulations that clubs are required to adhere to. 

It still has me wondering if the club has acted unwisely, but somehow within their rights.  Is that the case, or is it simply that they're trying to make it look that way?

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It still has me wondering if the club has acted unwisely, but somehow within their rights.  Is that the case, or is it simply that they're trying to make it look that way?

Possible they've not heard anything yet from the Scottish Government / Police / SFA / SPFL / Local council, and are hoping they may get away with it as long as they don't admit the breach.

I find the latest statement pretty baffling too.
I suppose I can see that if 300 spectators were to be allowed and fewer than that had applied, there might be provision for the board to invite guests.
That position fundamentally shifted, however, with the announcement on 19th December about the entire mainland going to Tier 4 on Boxing Day.
Surely, there was no particular need to advise Galloway, given that the Tier 4 news wasn't exactly kept secret.  Perhaps, as a courtesy they should have, but failing to do so doesn't adequately explain how Galloway thought he could still turn up and get in.  And it sure as Hell doesn't remotely explain why on turning up, he was somehow admitted anyway.
I just don't understand it.  The statement still reads like it concerns an ill judged snub to supporters, rather than an absolute breach of regulations that clubs are required to adhere to. 

Queens have facilitated a political stunt. They knew exactly what they were doing.

Board full of Unionists, allowing a **** like Galloway to play his immature games over Covid restrictions and rule breaking.

Embarrassed to be an ex-Doonhamer.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Good point. Making the punishment 1 point deduction/£100k fine (just withold the government grant money) for each breach seems proportionate then.

I can't be the only one thinking that the Government wouldn't pay their grant to clubs that break the rules, especially not the entire sum, seems like a stupid way to use tax payers money.

4 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Board full of Unionists...

What do you base this confident assertion on?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I've not seen any evidence on the issue either way.

Please show your working (without citing this episode as the self evident proof that it isn't).

19 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't see how the club have acted within their rights. They've breached a black and white rule set by the SG. Fans aren't allowed at games in tier 4. QoS admitted fans. Its pretty open and shut tbh. 

ETA - According to the Herald, Police Scotland are investigating.

Edited by Trogdor

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

There won't be a points deduction. I don't think that's in the rules for COVID breaches.

You have regularly commented on what is and isn't in the rules for COVID breaches across multiple threads, but I've asked you several times to point me in the direction of where these rules are and you have been unable to do so. There are three options here; a) they are publicly available and I am missing something; b) you have access to something that isn't in the public domain; or c) you are essentially just guessing as to what punishments are and are not available.

Edited by craigkillie