The Queen of the South thread

5 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

I never knew that. Can you say how many were in the ballot?

So he was given the 5 tickets after the ballot closed and they weren't taken away from fans? 

Ah fair enough about the PR department. Poor from me I suppose. 

Other than less than 300, no sorry.

I've no idea when he was given tickets. The first I knew he had been at the game was when I saw it on Saturday night. 

I dont think its poor from you. As a club we've been poor at PR for a long time. I dont think its wrong to expect better 

3 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Colour me shocked.

Is there any club in Scotland that just screams 'unionist' more than 'Queen of the South'?

I'm going to nominate the one that hosted us shortly before the referendum, whose fans unveiled a massive 'Vote No' banner at the ground and had it greeted by booing from the Queens fans.

Im not sure thats entirely the whole picture. 
Obviously, there would be less season tickets sold this season than usual. Once you take out anyone outside the DG postcode who were ineligible, anyone under 12 who were also excluded, anyone vulnerable who maybe wanted to go but didnt feel comfortable and shirt draw tickets that might normally be used be different people at work who are off, or not in the office, you've significantly reduced the number of people able to enter.
You've then got a fair number of fans who, for one reason or another, dont have a season ticket who would want to attend but couldnt enter the draw.
Its disappointing but I think there are more reasons than just disillusionment. 

I think if it were any other club in our division bar Alloa and Arbroath then the fans would have been clamouring at the gates to get in, Covid or no Covid.
This has been a long time coming and for many I fear the Galloway fiasco will be the last straw.

In other news, apparently AJ was seen today smiling like a Cheshire cat after the board have taken the focus of his abject attempt at being a football manager.

Is there any likelihood the QoS board may sack him in an attempt to move on from the Galloway cluster f**k? If that is the third statement today that is proper box office.

Edited by Trogdor

That's poor from the club then. Only half reasonable explanation I can think of is that, with his son close to joining the club, the whole family were invited to the match as some form of introduction/get him to a sign a contract, but I'm not sure how common that is for players so young?
Even then, it shouldn't have happened.

He is signing for queen of the south not fucking man united. Im sure wee george could wait a few months to watch his son. He could even have done what normal fans have been doing and paid for a stream and watched. His son is probably shite anyways

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Inverness were only getting about 200 fans at their games recently. I think Mr X explains it pretty well.

Agreed.  You have the additional factor that attending a game like this would be nothing like a normal game.  Many of your mates wouldn't be there and social distancing would be required.  I reckon plenty folk would look at a 'sanitised' match day experience on a cold day and figure that watching at home with a couple of beers would be preferable.

1 minute ago, Aufc said:

He is signing for queen of the south not fucking man united. Im sure wee george could wait a few months to watch his son. He could even have done what normal fans have been doing and paid for a stream and watched. His son is probably shite anyways

Aye, as I said, it's unacceptable either way, but that would've been a better route to go down ("if we'd refused access we would've missed out on a player, can you punish us for that?"), than the route they've gone down.

Can't see anything but a punishment headed their way in some form.

17 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Couldn’t believe George Galloway goes to the game and knowingly breaks tier 4 lock down along with QOTS by permitting spectators in the ground, Secondly he couldn’t help himself but to inform everyone via Twitter he was there, This is a complete disaster for queens in an already poor season now but it’s ok he’s bought 5 season tickets and going to sponsor the club I can just see it on the new shirts I love Alluah

Forget that , have you got  5 seats ready for Tuesday  nights  game for  the great man and family  ? .

7 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

How many season ticket holders do Queens have? Playing shite or not I’m stunned you didn’t have 300 fans wanting to go.

I wouldn't be given the reasons outlined above. If the ballot was similarly restricted to ST holders only then I think Morton would be lucky to get 4-500 on the ballot. And that's with a much more condensed catchment area - and fully functional public transport - for a Boxing Day match in this instance.

Season tickets have been a pointless virtue-signalling exercise in the lower leagues so it's weirder that some clubs still have a large proportion of those sales than fans just paying at the gate every fortnight.

Edited by vikingTON

Just now, Aufc said:

Also he mentions becoming a sponsor. He is probably sponsoring his son if he has signed for him. Probably a total of £250. What a fucking arsehole of a man

Doubt very much he'd be able to watch his son play on a livestream.  Two of our players are old enough to be Galloway Jr's grandfather.  Although, given AJ's team selections...

Aye, as I said, it's unacceptable either way, but that would've been a better route to go down ("if we'd refused access we would've missed out on a player, can you punish us for that?"), than the route they've gone down.

In a way i feel sorry for the club. They have been used as a political pawn by him. Although they are fucking stupid for going along with it

11 minutes ago, HMIP said:

If Galloway just lucked out in the ballot for season ticket holder, how come he ended up sitting in the directors box?  Maybe The Sun is making that part up.  Who knows?

From the picture a few pages back, it looks like he is sitting in the hospitality area rather than the directors’ box. The hospitality bit is near the middle of the stand whereas the directors’ box is towards one end. 

In a way i feel sorry for the club. They have been used as a political pawn by him. Although they are fucking stupid for going along with it

10 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Also he mentions becoming a sponsor. He is probably sponsoring his son if he has signed for him. Probably a total of £250. What a fucking arsehole of a man

I could be wrong here, but from Galloway's Tweet last week, I think the 'player' in question is a young child.