The Queen of the South thread

41 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

In fairness, he isn’t going to get involved with any of this chat. 

If he's not expected to get involved when his own club lays a giant turd on its doorstep then he must recuse himself from similar club threads though. You can't have it both ways on that one.

I doubt this will even be the cherry on top of our season.

Mind you, this must be the first time we have climbed into bed with such a shady character. It may only be a one night stand, but we can tick that off of the bucket list. 🙈 

1 hour ago, oldbeforetime said:

This can only go one way..... 

There are 3 directors, Hewitson, Paterson And Blount if all 3 Or who ever knew that GG was going to be there With his family during the Covid-19 pandemic then they all need to resign tonight.

Imagine walking into either one of these businessmen place of work Pharmacy, accountants or building firms With your family and saying it’s cool I we will sit in the corner and create a bubble.

Also how many of these men have taken the Furlough money, building grants and looked for help from the agency’s in Dumfries 

I'm a bit rusty on company law, but I'm pretty sure that it would be an offence for directors to resign en masse and leave the company with no directors.  A wee bit academic as that won't happen.  However, things get interesting if this fiasco was down to the chairman.  If so , it wouldn't be the biggest surprise if the other two directors decided they could do without the hassle.  The job of a Queens director must be particularly thankless just now.

2 minutes ago, Parttimesupporter said:

I'm a bit rusty on company law, but I'm pretty sure that it would be an offence for directors to resign en masse and leave the company with no directors.  A wee bit academic as that won't happen.  However, things get interesting if this fiasco was down to the chairman.  If so , it wouldn't be the biggest surprise if the other two directors decided they could do without the hassle.  The job of a Queens director must be particularly thankless just now.

He was the guest of the chairman and he isn’t going to fall on his own sword any time soon. 

2 minutes ago, Parttimesupporter said:

Generally speaking, it would be fine, but the club (probably through the shareholders) would have to appoint new directors within a specific period of time. There may however be rules in the company's articles or the directors' service contracts which prevent it - breach of these wouldn't constitute an offence, but would give the club a claim against the breaching director(s).

1 minute ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Generally speaking, it would be fine, but the club (probably through the shareholders) would have to appoint new directors within a specific period of time. There may however be rules in the company's articles or the directors' service contracts which prevent it - breach of these wouldn't constitute an offence, but would give the club a claim against the breaching director(s).

Tricky in practice - what is the mechanism for shareholders appointing new directors.  However, agree with the post below that Billy H will not go anyway.

2 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

He was the guest of the chairman and he isn’t going to fall on his own sword any time soon. 

Agreed but it's not a good look for him if the other two go.  For the avoidance of doubt I have no idea what their position is.

7 minutes ago, Parttimesupporter said:

Tricky in practice - what is the mechanism for shareholders appointing new directors.

That would be specified by the club's articles. I don't know what they say. Under the Model Articles used by a majority of businesses it would be something like an Extraordinary General Meeting* and then a vote on a resolution to appoint the new director, passed by 50%+1 of those present. I understand we have two or three families holding a majority of shares, so I suspect that procedure has been varied, so it's not one vote per shareholder present, but one vote per share.

*Technically not called EGMs any more.

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

22 minutes ago, virginton said:

If he's not expected to get involved when his own club lays a giant turd on its doorstep then he must recuse himself from similar club threads though. You can't have it both ways on that one.

That's an easy thing to say on here but if it could be misconstrued and impact on your livelihood in the real word I doubt you'd be so quick to venture an opinion.