The Queen of the South thread

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think SD is the club accountant IIRC.

6 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yep even by our standards this is comedy gold for the average punter.

I've heard we've invited Donald Trump to the Ayr game. 

37 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Next statement needs to be the Sacking of  AJ or resignation of the Chairman now please, It may take a little bit of the focus away from this PR disaster.... 🤦‍♂️

Sack AJ as a “look at the shiny” response. It might just work.

I can't get my head round that statement. It makes me think that there is more to it but I can't begin to imagine what.

Of course BCD doesn't mean there is nobody in attendance. There is a very modest degree of stewarding required. There are first aiders, media representatives (including from the 2 clubs) and there sundry roles that are carried out by club volunteers. Just as an example everyone entering the ground requires to be temperature tested.

Directors of both clubs are allowed to attend although there is nothing in the SFA covid protocols that I can see that makes provision for club guests and/or sponsors.

What a massive slap in the face to QoS fans desperate to get back to the football.

The very worst bit about that statement is the "we're sorry that you feel upset" all one, rather than "we're sorry that we've made you upset". They basically transfer the blame to the fans.

I'd hope that Galloway gets in trouble for the unnecessary travel, and for going to the game, and I'd expect QotS to get hammered as well.

1 minute ago, Forest_Fifer said:

The very worst bit about that statement is the "we're sorry that you feel upset" all one, rather than "we're sorry that we've made you upset". They basically transfer the blame to the fans.

Some boards view fans with complete distain. As was pointed out previously, we had it leading up to our relegation. That statement could have been from Eric Drysdale himself.

Guest TOPFITTER
14 minutes ago, renton said:

From his previous contacts, at least you can rely on Galloway bringing in the right kind of PR staff to turn this around...

bagdad-bob.jpg.cf6167985363ba0d9daf1010e24f826c.jpg

Comedy gold.